Dr. J's 1st Auto-Flower Soil Grow - BigBud X NorthLights - 400W HPS

Here are a few pics of another good healthy looking plant....
This is another good strain....Northern Lights.

This one is my NL#3......she was planted in a 1 gallon pot so she a bit small is overall size...and i pulled her out of the tent for a week cause i thought she was a hermie..(turned out to be a swollen calyx) so she didnt get good light and she was exposed to cold temps for a week....she is starting to fill out more since shes been in the tent but you can tell she underdeveloped and starting to flower...after a few days back in the tent i decided to transplant her into a 3 gallon pot since the roots were growing out the bottom of the 1 gallon pot.....so far so good...no major issue with the transplant and she seems to be growing more everyday!!! .....Shes tall and skinny but had lots of bud sites..

IMG_119423.JPG

IMG_119523.JPG

IMG_119323.JPG

IMG_119122.JPG

IMG_119626.JPG

This pic here is of the Big Bud x Northern Light plant from the first set of photos.....just a close up of part of a bud spot and a leaf.
IMG_118930.JPG

No, how many days do they say it takes to be ready? I'm just curious since you said it's in it's seventh week -- how much longer it has. I'm on my first auto and I'm just trying to cage things. Thanks

Don't worry, they oversell. Mine says 65 I see guys running them 100 days. Crazy little plants. I'm doing 12/12 photos from seed/clone after I'm done with my current autos.

Your image link is going to the thumbnail. You need to remove the '/thumbs' part from the link.

...420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_119423.JPG

should be

...420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_119423.JPG

That makes sense Pirate Bob.....i dont know if i can go back and fix that now or not?
But i'll remember that for future pics.....thanks!

This is NL#3......shes 5 weeks old today!....she was transplanted about 1 week ago for a 1 gallon pot to a 3 gallon pot.....she was also sat outside my tent for a week because i thought it was a hermie....turned out to be swollen calyx.
IMG_119323.JPG

Heres a little closer shot of same plant.
IMG_119626.JPG

Overhead shot of same plant.
IMG_119423.JPG

This is AP#3.....she has seemed to be kinda the runt of liter but shes progressing...just slowly.
IMG_122625.JPG

This ia AP#2....6 weeks old today. Had some damage from nute burn....i flushed her and shes looking better.
IMG_121629.JPG

This is AP#1....6 weeks old today....she had really bad damage from nute burn....i flushed her really good and now just waiting to see iof she gets better. She has been droopy like that almost the whole grow so far....thought maybe it was overwatered but i let her dry out and it didnt help. She is still developing tho.
IMG_122132.JPG

wow i can t wait till i get that far along!! i bet your gona get some good size buds on those main colas!!

I remember thinking that same thing looking at other peoples pics lol......so it feels rewarding to hear you say that.

I still feel like i have a long way to go....but im working at it and learning.........i hope like you say the main colas are big!

Thanks for following!!

Don't worry, they oversell. Mine says 65 I see guys running them 100 days. Crazy little plants. I'm doing 12/12 photos from seed/clone after I'm done with my current autos.

Are you saying that i will go longer than 70 days?

Can you get a rough estimate of how many weeks are left just by judging how my plant looks?......
...if so how long does my BigBud X Northern Light roughly have left?

Just trying to get ahead of myself lol.....i know its waiting game and hobby thats takes a lot patients.....

......Just a little update....

im going to let all my plants dry out completely before i water them again.....just to be sure they are dried up and im not over watering.....im confident that i havent overwatered....but this being my first grow i dont have anything to judge that by other than how much i think is too much lol.....but i water each plant maybe 1 time per week.....some less, some more....just depends when they need it....

My Big Bud X Northern Light is more most developed and best looking and most potent strain....so its probably my strongest as well so it seems to have been able to handle the nutrients without any issues.....and right now she looks like she need something.....so with her next watering i will be giving her another 1/4 dose of bloom nutes....

....all my other plants will continue to get plain water until i feel they are ready for a very light dose of nutrients....

...i have 1 plants that has prolly 80% of leaves that are damaged from the nutrient burn....and 1 more plants that has prolly 50% of leaves damaged....
...what would you do with theses leaves...???????
will they recover?
or at least survive without hampering the plant?

Damaged leafs don't recover you have to look if it goes worse on that ones or on new leafs.

Flushing means to water the plant with 2-3x Pot seize 1 time.
So 3gal means 6-9gal water.
To get nuts out of soil and get rid of salts that stuck to the roots and keep it from getting what it needs.

At beginning don't take to much different strains.

Many mix FF soil with Happy Frog 1/2 and 1/2.

Don't want to make you more insecure but at this stage it could be also lack of bloom nutes and the plant suck out everything it can get out of the leafs.
Too many things have go one her to say what is the problem.
That droopy plant seems to have the roots damaged, some others could gone from nuteburn to lack of nutes.

Most plants need a bit longer if something had go wrong I use a 60-100x magnifier with LED to look at the trichs, about 10-15$ at the bay.
What we want is most cloudy, you still get some clear and amber anyway.

From what I read, most go longer then advertised. If you run them 24/7 (lights on 24/7) they may only take 70. But from what I'm reading I'm keeping my expectations in line. So, I thought I'd share. Much more or many more experienced people with them can elaborate. Just be patient, it's a plant.

As far as flushing goes.....there a tons of different opinions on it....as fas as how much water to use and whether to do it or not.....you name it someone has an opinion....

....the amount of water i used i am confident it was enough.....there has been no more damage occurring and the plants seem to be getting better....its only 2 plants that are affected really......

....ill just continue on and fix the problems as they occur.......

my older plants are about ready for another drink.....so maybe ill give them another light dose of bloom nutes....

....so i gave them a very light dose of 'Bloom' nutes last night....
...maybe 1/8 to 1/4 of recommended does........

....So now tonight i cant hardly believe it... but the AP#1 plant that has been droopy the whole grow, it had finally opened up and and looks as happy as ever.....i honestly cant believe it....all i did was add a little bloom nutes to her........
....ill post of pic of the difference in my next post

....so all my plants are now looking very happy and healthy accept my BB x NL#1, which now has a bunch of leaves that have completely turned yellow.....and some that look like they have rust spots on them....what could that be from?

Stay tuned for pictures later tonight!

This pic was taken on 1-2-15.....it has been looking droopy and not happy most of the grow. I thought it was maybe over fed....so i flushed her and after week this is what it still looked like.......so i gave her a small dose of bloom nutes tonight.
IMG_1221-1.JPG

This pic was taken the very next day after the small dose of BLOOM nutes was given. This is no joke....i was completely surprised when i seen this....but she looks as happy and healthy as she ever as.......i gave all 7 plants a little of the nute water and they all look very happy about it......
IMG_131821.JPG

Rusty spots could be Mag deficit.

But I would do nothing if I don't get more, if so you can give some Cal-Mag or Epson salt.
Next watering I would do 1/2 strength of bloom or a bit more.

Hard to believe this happened in one day :thumb:

Rusty spots could be Mag deficit.

But I would do nothing if I don't get more, if so you can give some Cal-Mag or Epson salt.
Next watering I would do 1/2 strength of bloom or a bit more.

Hard to believe this happened in one day :thumb:

Thanks for the recommendation.....ill give them 1/2 dose of bloom on next watering.

And yes i couldnt believe the improvement in appearance after giving AP#1 the bloom nutes......she has since dropped a little in some places but not the whole plant .....she still looks much better.

The rust looking spot are getting worse and on more plants.....

can i add the epsom salt in with the bloom nutes??? .....if so how much epson per gallon?

Back
Top Bottom