DocBud's Hempy Grow

Hey, DocBuds, could you do me a favor? i started a tread to catalogue known strains of cannabis for ID purposes (see signature) for bag seed and mystery seeds. Could you take 'portraits' of your ladies and post there? thanks, man.

Well, 3 of my 5 have moved on to a higher vibration level, where they will channel the healing, calming energy of the universe for the benefit of mankind.

The other two are going to ascend this evening.....

I do have a ton of photo's in my gallery, and you're more than welcome to use them.

I harvested the last two last night. The White Widow was a nice yield, probably around 2 ounces dried.....but the Jack Herer was a champ! I think I'm going to be over 2 ounces on that one.

I ran out of room in my bud dryer, so I had to string up half the Jack Herer, but I tweaked the RH and temps so I'm at 70 degrees 45-55 RH.

Here are the main colas of each, trimmed up. My battery went dead so I don't have any shots of the hanging buds. I also put lots of sugary trim into the freezer for Hash.....plenty of little buds in those bags, so I should have some good hash!

This is the main cola of the WW.
IMG_02665.JPG

Main cola of Jack Herer
IMG_02674.JPG

MMMM Jack Herer, when I went to Amsterdam a few months ago, that was my favorite. You are gonna have some good conversations while smoking that. So, that's all of them?? I feel sad, and excited at the same time. I really like your choices for next round. I have heard nothing but good things about "Blue Cheese", and "Violator Kush" just sounds cool. Keep up the good work, and let me know how your hash turns out.
:cool:

MMMM Jack Herer, when I went to Amsterdam a few months ago, that was my favorite. You are gonna have some good conversations while smoking that. So, that's all of them?? I feel sad, and excited at the same time. I really like your choices for next round. I have heard nothing but good things about "Blue Cheese", and "Violator Kush" just sounds cool. Keep up the good work, and let me know how your hash turns out.
:cool:

Thanks bro! I'll be journaling everything right here.

Also, my scale wasn't set to grams...but some other weight. I'm gonna have to do a final anyways......

aaahhh! im jealous! they're so compact! whether its on grams or not, those look serious. mine are 7 weeks in and are a quarter the size of yours....then again, you ARE using a "stack" on watts. im using 400 watts. Does anyone here think that I can get buds ass fat ass those wit 400??

aaahhh! im jealous! they're so compact! whether its on grams or not, those look serious. mine are 7 weeks in and are a quarter the size of yours....then again, you ARE using a "stack" on watts. im using 400 watts. Does anyone here think that I can get buds ass fat ass those wit 400??

I see no reason why you couldn't, as long as the light is kept close, and the plants are kept short. 400's don't have the penetration is all.

I also used CO2, which I'm sure helped.

On the other hand, I nearly starved them to death during a critical phase of flowering....

FWIW, here's what I fed them:

FF grow
FF big bloom
FF Tiger Bloom
FF Open Sesame
Canna Boost
Botanicare Calmag
Hygrozyme
Atami Bloombastic
Molasses
Superthrive

I used Vitaboost from AN twice, and I also used connoisseur by AN to correct a potassium deficiency.

I'm toying with using AN on my next grow....I've got a year's supply of it, but then I've also got a bunch of FF.

im glad you said that. my 400 was hanging about 13in from the tops. after placing my hand(palm side-down) under my light, i figured i can lower it to about 5-6inches from the tops. "better penetration", right? i also staked and tide and separated the main canopies for "better penetration" so the light will not only hit the tops, but the sides and insides of the colas. 4 more weeks to go....

The Blue Dream buds went into Mason jars just now. They were in the dryer for 5 days, and the RH dropped to about 22% last night! So, the outside was dry, and half the stems snapped, the other half bent in a crispy manner.

Final weight:
Plant A---75.6 grams
Plant B---84.5 grams

160.1 grams=5.72 ounces for two plants. Not bad for a first grow.

They smell heavenly. Flo still smells "off."

Jack Herer is going to out yield the Blue Dream, while the White Widow is going to come in at just under 2 ounces from what I can tell. They were harvested on Friday, so they have a few more days in the dryer.

Hash run coming this week.

First, Andy Botwin. I'm having trouble with this website today....it's running really slow, and I meant to quote your post as well.

I have not done a final dry weight on the Flo yet, but it fills 2 mason jars 2/3 to the top, whereas the Blue Dream filled 6, so 1/3 less on Flo. I'll weight it out tonite or tomorrow.

On a more positive note, I spoke with the person who gave me the clones and he said Flo never smells "right" it always smells earthy. If that's the case, mine's normal....but I can see why this strain isn't very popular. It doesn't smell like it's supposed to. As I've said previously, it does smoke very well, in a peculiar sort of way.

It's not harsh at all, and at first you don't think you're getting high. Then about 20 minutes later you start smiling and have a generally positive outlook about everything. About an hour after I smoked it I wanted to exercise....I had been sitting for over 2 hours and I had no stiffness or soreness in my back or knees....and I realized I was quite stoned. It's very different than smoking an Indica.

Is that a sifter box to separate the kief?

If so, what are you gonna use to press it?

Yes, this box has 3 screen that stack on top of eachother inside the box. You put the dried trim on the top screen along with some coins, close the lid and shake it back and forth. The screen just below the trim catches some good stuff, but the full melt is on the next screen down. What is below the 3rd. screen are impurities.

It took about 10 minutes to make a nice little bit of kief.

As for pressing it, I suppose I could get a little press, but you can also fold some into some plastic and put it in your shoe and walk around for a few hours. You'll have nice hash after that, which is what I did with a sample I got last week. (I used lots of plastic and wore socks....:grinjoint: "

I've got about an ounce of popcorn buds plus all the sugar leaves to run through my box. ;)

GO BLUE GO!!
I agree, not bad for any grow!! How was trimming the blues? I am stoked for you, I remember my first harvest, sore hands, and a big grin.

I got pretty good at trimming working on Flo, so it took me about 4 hours, working alone to trim up the BD. The secret is a small glass of alcohol and two pairs of scissors, one soaking in the alcohol while you're using the other.

I loved trimming, because I learned a lot about how the plant grows, where the buds form, etc. Nothing like hands on experience to groove on these plants. I think I'll use my bud trimmer for the next run, especially since I'm really liking hash.

I got pretty good at trimming working on Flo, so it took me about 4 hours, working alone to trim up the BD. The secret is a small glass of alcohol and two pairs of scissors, one soaking in the alcohol while you're using the other.

I loved trimming, because I learned a lot about how the plant grows, where the buds form, etc. Nothing like hands on experience to groove on these plants. I think I'll use my bud trimmer for the next run, especially since I'm really liking hash.

Awesome, so you bought a bud trimmer? I have seen a few on the interweb, and they are pretty pricey, which one do you have, and how much? I truly love trimming all the huge nugs, but the fluff at the bottom is so slow.

Back
Top Bottom