Blacky's Grab Bag Special 2009 -First Grow Journal-

blacken

What strain is it?
Hi Bag Seed Collection
A collection of seeds from random bag strains that where just to good to throw away so they where kept safe. :peace:

Indoor or Outdoor?
Indoor -My Grow Box
IMG00008-20091018-2030.jpg

DSCF21951.JPG

Is it aircooled? - Yes
After one day of lights on I opened the box and it was like a small sauna in there. So I made these little dudes.
My Little Cooling duct system
IMG00009-20091018-2030.jpg

IMG00010-20091018-2031.jpg

DSCF2194.JPG

IMG00011-20091018-2031.jpg

IMG00012-20091018-2031.jpg

The fans blew to much on the plants and bent them to much didnt want to dmg them so i made the duct system
The overall temp of the room is lowered much like an actual duct system
but the tempts right below the lights is just right the plants seem to love it.

Soil or Hydro
Organic Soil
What size pots?
Temp Containers
IMG00015-20091018-2032.jpg

Temp containers till pick out the healthy ones to send to actual pots.

Size of light? - 4 CFL 100w equiv
2 more on other side of box
IMG00013-20091018-2032.jpg

Veg or Flower - How long?
Veg for 1 week - Show me
Veg for 4 days - The Rest
Here is their Progress
Placed in towel to germ the seeds
IMG00138-20091009-1512.jpg

3 plants sprung up over the rest I kept Show me my roomie the others
IMG00140-20091009-1524.jpg

Show me got that name cuz it had a hard time shaking off its shell.
DSCF2192.JPG

One week with lights and show me is doing good.

the rest of the crew
DSCF2193.JPG

DSCF2191.JPG

DSCF2190.JPG

How often are you watering?
Watered once dirt still moist

Type and strength of ferts used?
None yet

Hey Blacky! Looks like yer taking the plunge!!! May the great MJ Goddess smile down upon you as you travel along your journey. GROW ON!

:grinjoint: Thanks ^.^b

Sup bro i'm getting some more lights for ya i want "show me" to show something fierce lol. Oh yeah get some tags for the plants or do a chart.

right on more

Update Time =D

Group 1 Overshot view
DSCF2234.JPG

Group 2 Overshot
DSCF2233.JPG

Show Me is looking a little droppy
DSCF2232.JPG

This little guy is in one of the individual cups. Keeping an eye on it since its stem is purple hoping really hoping its some of the good purple ive gotten
a little out of focuz
DSCF2236.JPG

This second one is also purple
DSCF2237.JPG

The other plants have either white colored stems, or light green stems.

OH two seedlings have red stems will also keep an eye on those. Didnt take picture of those but I will.

Are these different colored stems indicators to something?

Hay, blacken looks like you have some little mj plants growing there. If I could make one suggestion is I would get those plants that are growing in the same container into there own container as soon as possible. You don't want those roots to start competing with each other. I know you have some time but I would get them in there own container ASAP. The inside of your grow box looks like a little space ship. Good luck and + reps on you new grow...

Hay, blacken looks like you have some little mj plants growing there. If I could make one suggestion is I would get those plants that are growing in the same container into there own container as soon as possible. You don't want those roots to start competing with each other. I know you have some time but I would get them in there own container ASAP. The inside of your grow box looks like a little space ship. Good luck and + reps on you new grow...

Under the soil its slip into a few sections via x patterns and what not to prevent the competition.

Under the soil its slip into a few sections via x patterns and what not to prevent the competition.

Ah yes, as stated the 4 in group one are divided into 4 separate sections of the box each of the sections about the size of a half gallon pot, those are special i want those to thrive :grinjoint:

The others in group 2, yes those I will have to set aside now that they picked up and grew. I wasn't expecting for so many to live in that one actually, but they want to live so who am I to argue. Will be picking out some and putting them in their own containers.

Hello:grinjoint:
Glad you took the plunge and started this journal. That box of yours looks great. Nice work.
I may have missed something but are you planning to grow all those plants in that one box? If so you'll have put them in flower stage when they are about 4" tall and hope they don't stretch much. :ganjamon:
Just wondering. :peace:

I am kind of wondering the same. I don't know for sure but I've heard there is kind of a unwriten law of at 'Least' 2000 lums per square foot. I will say A1 and your heart and soul for the grow. But I think your overgrowing the box and even the lights you are working with. If I'm putting my foot in the breathing hole in my fave, I'm sorry. But it kind of looks like you need to down size alittle. GL with whatever you do tho. Your hearts in the rite place. Stay down

Are these different colored stems indicators to something?

Might be seeing a magnesium def. with purple stems, though it is a bit early for that. I'm guessing the PH of your soil might be on the low side...

Good luck with the grow! Your grow box reminds me of my first grow... ahh memories...:ganjamon:

Whats up man looking good!

Is that tin foil that you used to line the inside of the box? If so, I would take it down in place of some white film or mylar. Tinfoil and mirrors can form hotspots and end up burning the plant, it's just a no no.

Other than that, it looks great! I really like how you got your fans set-up, good thinking!

I'll stick around for this one, good luck!

Hello:grinjoint:
Glad you took the plunge and started this journal. That box of yours looks great. Nice work.
I may have missed something but are you planning to grow all those plants in that one box? If so you'll have put them in flower stage when they are about 4" tall and hope they don't stretch much. :ganjamon:
Just wondering. :peace:
Well I wasn't going to post the flower room till later =P
But ill post some pics when I get back home.
Thank yah kindly
I am kind of wondering the same. I don't know for sure but I've heard there is kind of a unwriten law of at 'Least' 2000 lums per square foot. I will say A1 and your heart and soul for the grow. But I think your overgrowing the box and even the lights you are working with. If I'm putting my foot in the breathing hole in my fave, I'm sorry. But it kind of looks like you need to down size alittle. GL with whatever you do tho. Your hearts in the rite place. Stay down
Naw this is esentially a clone/veg box.
Pics of flowering room and my current flowering plant later =P
Right now I got 4 1600 lumen lights in there so 6400 lumens for those lights right now when I get more cash
Ill be adding two more.

Might be seeing a magnesium def. with purple stems, though it is a bit early for that. I'm guessing the PH of your soil might be on the low side...
Good luck with the grow! Your grow box reminds me of my first grow... ahh memories...:ganjamon:
I'm happy to bring back some nastalgia. LoL
How did your first grow go?
Do you have a clue on my red stemed ones? Kinda a nice cardinal red.

Whats up man looking good!

Is that tin foil that you used to line the inside of the box? If so, I would take it down in place of some white film or mylar. Tinfoil and mirrors can form hotspots and end up burning the plant, it's just a no no.

Other than that, it looks great! I really like how you got your fans set-up, good thinking!

I'll stick around for this one, good luck!

When reading I did see that was going to come up.
Then I researched. A flat smooth surface like flat smooth mirror and flat smooth aluminum where the cause.
Focusing the light and reflacting it on one localised area causing the plant to burn. I saw people
Used aliminum reflectors and how those didn't cause burn.
Further research proved dimpling the aluminum dispersed light evenly. So I opted to do that dimple/crumple the aluminum.

So far so good. However yes this is a concern. So I am keeping an eye to see if it does start to happen. I know many will say switch to white screen mylar but right now and not worry about it. I would but not till finances pick up =P

Update time yay
updating every two days is probly what ima do =P

First as stated before group 2 is going to get crowded
More survived than expected so lets take some out mainly these
regulars.JPG

Then we move on to one of the fastest growing one that might out grow showme at this rate. This one pretty much named itself from its cup lol
Brisk
brisk.JPG

Then we move onto the top 2 Purple stems
There is one more but so far its growth is meh
Munky
purple12.JPG

Chimps
purple12.JPG

Im praying really hard and hoping these are seeds from grape ape i got about half a year ago. If they are ima be bouncing of the walls.

Then the 4 that had a nice cardinal red type stem are now all pink
The Pink Crew
pinkcrew.JPG

One of the biggest pink ones
pinkstem1.JPG

and its second biggest sibbling
pinkstem2.JPG

:grinjoint:

No names for the pink ones yet untill they decide on a color lol
Show me is looking droopy. Maybe it was to much of a runt to survive. Who knows we shall see if it picks up or not.

Looks like you are well on your way, Good luck, and hope those are some nice strong healthy strains you have growing. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Again, good luck and cant wait to see those plants all grown up and full of some sticky buds..

Hi Blacken, looks like your have fun. There is a certain amount of excitement involved with the growing of bagseed. Stay Safe.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom