Blacky's Grab Bag Special 2009 -First Grow Journal-

Nice looking lady and good to know you have a good plan in place. Can not wait to see all those little ladies all grown up with some big, fat sticky buds in that tent. Great job...

Looks like a nice little satvia you got growing there. GL. I woodn't count on grape ape bye the color of sprouts stems tho 90% of mine are purple. But if you had a good % of them in your stock I hope it is. As long as you got good stock, whatever it is you can always make it better. It will be 100'X better just bye keeping the seed out. GL I'll Peek in now and them

Update time yay
Plants are looking great.
There are fewer of them.

DSCF2333.JPG

Brisk

Untitled-512.jpg

Show me looking all sick and stuff.

Untitled-0.jpg

Untitled-127.jpg

Untitled-212.jpg

Untitled-38.jpg

Untitled-49.jpg

Untitled-67.jpg

Untitled-76.jpg

The stronger plants are surviving the weaker ones are not.
So far so good.
More updates to come :thanks:

Outstanding! Always good to see another cardboard box grower:Rasta:

Won't be long and you'll be watching sugar crusted, pink pistil covered buds growing on those babies! +reps for that veg box!

hi blacken nice to see you get a journal started.good luck.

I wouldn't worry about your red stems. That can be due to a number of different deficiencies and your plants are too young to have def problems yet, imo. Probably strain related? Is your soil organic from a nursery or store bought?

:goodjob:

Organic from a little gardening store close by.

The soil appears to have a fair amount of woody material. If there is a high level of wood bark in the mix it might be little on the alkaline side. A previous poster mentioned ph, have you tested for that? It's very important to plant nute uptake. Test strips are cheap at pet stores, cheap meters maybe worthless. Even the strips will get you in the ballpark. You may be on top of that already, just thought I'd mention it.
good luck things are looking great so far.:goodjob:

Update time ^.^b
Update #4

So the yellowing of the leaves came from two sources
and the purple stem similar reason

So long story short I had my lights to close and it was cooking some of the plants. The yellowing came from the plants cooking.
The purple came from cold temperatures from the dirt drying at the top and the center and bottom dirt cold and oxygen was restrained.
It led to nute lock as explained by someone on the forums.
They better now.
Yellowing is gone and its only on the first leaves.
New and mid age leaves are healthy after lifting the lights up.

Here is brisk growing nice and awesome
brisk1.jpg

and the a few of the rest
I got 23 sproutlings but only picture the healthier ones.
Survival of the fitest
update4.jpg

munky.jpg

chimps.jpg

Untitled-95.jpg

Untitled-84.jpg

Untitled-513.jpg

Untitled-39.jpg

Untitled-1110.jpg

Untitled-104.jpg

Since showme was the tallest plant it got cooked the most it will take a bit to recover she will be back.

^.^b yall stay kicking 420 forums

Hey Blacken, I hope you don't mind me poking in and just giving ya a little constructive criticism. I noticed you are growing in a heavy soil mix, that can keep your Lil ones from getting enough oxygen to the roots and may also keep the roots too wet, I think that is why you are getting some yellowing in show me. Just wanted to give you my 2 cents worth. Good luck and take care.

Hey Blacken, I hope you don't mind me poking in and just giving ya a little constructive criticism. I noticed you are growing in a heavy soil mix, that can keep your Lil ones from getting enough oxygen to the roots and may also keep the roots too wet, I think that is why you are getting some yellowing in show me. Just wanted to give you my 2 cents worth. Good luck and take care.

no prob bro
someone did point that out to me already
althoe that seemed to accur only when the top got dry to quick locking the moisture inside.
Now that I lifted the lights the topsoil remains moist and the dirt dries evenly. :thanks:for stoping by.
Althoe ill keep and eye on it to see if it still happens again ^.^

Do drop by again =D

Nice to hear you found the solutions and good luck getting them healthy again, I am sure you will. Good luck and cant wait to watch them all grow..

Looking at those pics, brings me to the conclusion that .... your soil is some nasty 3 dollar a bag-no perlite crap

:welcome:to the thread yo ^.^/

it was lol
this is currently a budget grow atm
althoe i am getting more supplies as i go along
when i was told my top soil drying was the problem hurting my plants
solution mix some perlite to help eleviate the problem
might not fix it but its a start
the dirt now has roughly 30% pearlite mixed in
shultz pearlite mix i think it was
i should have gotten the perlite when i went to go pick up the dirt the first time around didnt realise they had some right there and its relatively inexpensive

when i watered the plants after mixing the perlite it went all pop pop pop lol
it was neat lol ;)

the ph strip is a little cheapo strip keeps it in the ballpark i supose
cheap ph balance kit at the dollah store
also got some organic bloodmeal to add to the soil while i was mixing in the pearlite
next step will be some nutes to feed them
they need to get big and strong =D

I would also suggest adding around 1 tbs. of dolomite per gallon of soil since it looks like most of your soil is bark and sphagnum peat moss. it helps keep the soil from becoming too acidic. I say this because my first grow I used something like your using, it was very heavy and as it broke down it dropped my Ph too low, I used dolomite lime after flushing and adding lots of perlite. Make sure you adjust the ph when feeding, I found that keeping it around 6.4 I got more growth by increasing nutes in increments of 1/4 strength just water in between the feeding till you get to full strength. I may have gotten off subject but thats what I know. Take care and hopefully you get those babies shooting up-wards in no time. ;/

I would also suggest adding around 1 tbs. of dolomite per gallon of soil since it looks like most of your soil is bark and sphagnum peat moss. it helps keep the soil from becoming too acidic. I say this because my first grow I used something like your using, it was very heavy and as it broke down it dropped my Ph too low, I used dolomite lime after flushing and adding lots of perlite. Make sure you adjust the ph when feeding, I found that keeping it around 6.4 I got more growth by increasing nutes in increments of 1/4 strength just water in between the feeding till you get to full strength. I may have gotten off subject but thats what I know. Take care and hopefully you get those babies shooting up-wards in no time. ;/

^^^ very good advice

Dolomite ill look into getting some of this. Thanks
It does have peat moss sand dirt and wood mulch stuff.
Hum? Neat info on the dirt breaking down.
:thanks: :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom