Blacky's Grab Bag Special 2009 -First Grow Journal-

Whats up man looking good!

Is that tin foil that you used to line the inside of the box? If so, I would take it down in place of some white film or mylar. Tinfoil and mirrors can form hotspots and end up burning the plant, it's just a no no.

Other than that, it looks great! I really like how you got your fans set-up, good thinking!

I'll stick around for this one, good luck!

Small update with pics tomorrow :slide:
But just wanted to comment on this.
Walls of box are now lined with nice even white :cheer:
The change is noticeable where the light would hurt my eyes kinda like when a mirror is shone in your eyes, now the light doesnt hurt my eyes unless i look directly at the bulbs lol

pics tomarry ^_^

cell phone pics so only a few =P

View inside see nice reflective white =D
No mas plant cooking
DSCF2384.JPG

After their feeding of N thanks to a little egg recipie
chimps got green and huge well not huge but had a little growth spurt =P
Untitled-134.jpg

munky is still kicking ass
Untitled-215.jpg

another three leafer with two small sets of 3 leafing baby leaves once those
come out it will have 3 pairs of 3 leafs
Untitled-312.jpg

last of the healthy ones only down side to this one was the first leaves turned a little yellow after adding the perlite and their egg solution they got better
Untitled-410.jpg

more pics later not from a cell XD
them is very fuzy
but i delivered since i did say i was gonna update today =P
enjoy =D

I'm wondering if our yellowing is more of an issue of soil/nute/ph, rather than 'cooking' due to your CFL's. Normally these lights don't generate heat high enough to fry plants, even young ones. Just curious.

Coming along nicely! Like your grow cab.

:hug:Blacken Honey!:hug: Yer babes look somewhat like mine did in the beginning. I used rockwool (caused great pH changes) and then a cheap organic soil by Miracle Grow with a lot of peat in it (and that gave me gnats I had to get rid of and more pH troubles). Then I also overwatered my lil babes early on... I almost loved em to death! LOL! Don't have any idea the exact cause of some of my early problems, but those things sure didn't help me. I did go to our local highclass greenhouse (used to work there) and bought the same soil they use - huge bags (one bag does almost four 5gal buckets) for $20 each. The right soil makes a huge difference in the grow - it is the plants life support. My second set of seedlings, all came up and none of them had any problems.

Anyways... it is looking like you've also recovered from your problems and are now on a healthier road too!!! I love your DIY veg box - but also love the flower grower! When it comes time, yer babes will love it too!!!

I am tuned and will greatly enjoy watchin yer grow!!!!! :goodjob:
:cheer::popcorn::cheer::popcorn::cheer::popcorn::cheer::popcorn::cheer:

Good to hear you are getting it all figured out. I do agree with granny starting off with some good soil makes growing a heck of a lot easier. Good luck...

I'm wondering if our yellowing is more of an issue of soil/nute/ph, rather than 'cooking' due to your CFL's. Normally these lights don't generate heat high enough to fry plants, even young ones. Just curious.
Coming along nicely! Like your grow cab.

:thanks: ^.^ for the kind words
yeah im slowly working towards fixing every issue
ill be getting some dolomite to level off the ph as suggested by siscokid
as for now lemon juice seems to be doing just fine XD

:hug:Blacken Honey!:hug: Yer babes look somewhat like mine did in the beginning. I used rockwool (caused great pH changes) and then a cheap organic soil by Miracle Grow with a lot of peat in it (and that gave me gnats I had to get rid of and more pH troubles). Then I also overwatered my lil babes early on... I almost loved em to death! LOL! Don't have any idea the exact cause of some of my early problems, but those things sure didn't help me. I did go to our local highclass greenhouse (used to work there) and bought the same soil they use - huge bags (one bag does almost four 5gal buckets) for $20 each. The right soil makes a huge difference in the grow - it is the plants life support. My second set of seedlings, all came up and none of them had any problems.
Anyways... it is looking like you've also recovered from your problems and are now on a healthier road too!!! I love your DIY veg box - but also love the flower grower! When it comes time, yer babes will love it too!!!
I am tuned and will greatly enjoy watchin yer grow!!!!! :goodjob:
:cheer::popcorn::cheer::popcorn::cheer::popcorn::cheer::popcorn::cheer:

GRANNY \^.^/ herro
:thanks: for droping by my little corner =D
yes everyone is helping and suggesting and im fixing as i go.
and yeah i got some cheap baggies for 3 dollars lol oh well live and learn
the little ones seem to be growing healthier
but my little grow is small beans right now compared to your room sized sea of green =D

Good to hear you are getting it all figured out. I do agree with granny starting off with some good soil makes growing a heck of a lot easier. Good luck...

Yes it does.
live and learn like i said =P
thanks for droping by on regular bud =D apreciated

:welcome:
Update time =D

Hey look who came back.
Its Show me :cheer:
show_me.jpg

Look at Munky getting bigger and greener
munky1.jpg

chimps getting bigger and greener as well
chimps1.jpg

the others are catching up after their egg meal feedings
ill have to have name for all of these soon
Untitled-96.jpg

call him limpy lol
Untitled-85.jpg

XD watermark i need to make these bigger
Untitled-216.jpg

this one just started getting real spikey leaves for some reason
Untitled-13_copy.jpg

this one is tiny leafy but getting greener and larger
Untitled-1210.jpg

;)
Untitled-105.jpg

the last of the healthy ones
Untitled-135.jpg

only thing missing in my box is more lights :ganjamon:
work on that next time i get a paycheck and it doesnt all disapear cuz of them bills lol
:rollit:

Hi blacken

I really like your attitude.:cheer:
You listen and change things when you can. In the end that will make you a better grower all the way round. I sure understand the what's left from the old paycheck. My whole grow has been based on that too.:grinjoint:
Damn good job so far. Keep it up.:ganjamon:

Hi blacken

I really like your attitude.:cheer:
You listen and change things when you can. In the end that will make you a better grower all the way round. I sure understand the what's left from the old paycheck. My whole grow has been based on that too.:grinjoint:
Damn good job so far. Keep it up.:ganjamon:

thank you very kindly for those words good friend =D
yeah if i did something wrong i try and fix =P and understand why so i wont do it again

Looking good, Got some nice looking plants getting bigger and bigger, Great job. + rep

they get bigah every day now since their egg meal

thanks for droping on by

Hey Blacken, the seedlings are not ready for nutes or lemon juice, I would wait till they get their 3rd true set of leaves before adding anything but ph balanced water, by the looks of the lil ones that may be all they need for now. Hope it helps and take care.

Hey Blacken, the seedlings are not ready for nutes or lemon juice, I would wait till they get their 3rd true set of leaves before adding anything but ph balanced water, by the looks of the lil ones that may be all they need for now. Hope it helps and take care.

The egg meal is a organic recipe meant to help the little struggling sprouts to grow some foliage and new growth, since they kinda hit a wall and started to turn yellow and crimple up =( teh sad

all advice is taken under consideration ^_^ thoe
but PH balanced water was a step already taken at start with cheapo dolla store ph strip and ph balance lol do what you can with what we got =P
but just adding the PH balanced water was not doing much =( teh sad again

They have been fed their eggmeal since then and are getting healthier and healthier

oh but to new people commin onboard
lets see what weve done so far and its results
learning is fun on the 420 forums

line the box with aluminum = cooked them plants - noobie mistake i are noob
make reflector out of aluminum = repear error 1
add ph balance water = notin
add pearlite to dirt = plants pick up and growth spurted
line wall with cool reflective white not aluminum = plants stroped drying and no more yellow crimpling
add lemon water to dirt = plants picked up slightly and started growing no more dying of the tips of the plants and the purple from the leaves reseeded and was replaced with a healthy green
add eggmeal to plants = plants got green and big :cheer:

omg dont pay much atttention to me right now lol :roorrip: yall know how it goes lol :bong:

ahh good times
yall stay good 420 forums and keep replying with more advice and stuff

hi blacken, I like the way you are thinking things through. Try something but watch closely and modify if necessary.

:goodjob:

Update time :

So like I said I Needed lights.
Well went out to the homedepot to their lights section to get more when I was pointed out to a 300W equiv CFL.
I was like woot they only 14 bucks and plug right into a regular light fixture.
My box is now like the center of the sun.
DSC2472.jpg

The lights are so bright the camera took a wierd picture
you can see most of the plants from there and here are some of the rest
Untitled-218.jpg

Untitled-411.jpg

Untitled-314.jpg

Untitled-218.jpg

Untitled-514.jpg

oh yeah they looking good
actually went through a little growth spurt
there are five leafers in there now =D
oh yeah things looking good in the neighborhood