Blacky's Grab Bag Special 2009 -First Grow Journal-

I alternate mine I have 4 bright white and 4 of the soft white and the plants seem to love it and you don't have to change out bulbs. Just a thought, Great job...

Truthfully if you can get all your CFLs in there go for it. Can't have too much light.:grinjoint:
The more Lumins the better. When I had my grow inside, that's what I did.
Unfortunately my planets grew too well:ganjamon:
Now they are outside.:blushsmile:

I'm going to have to re visit HD, and check out those higher intensity CFL's. The last time I checked, the higher wattage CFL's required a ballast.

Maybe it's nothing, but your babies seem to be growing in some pretty chunky soil, making it difficult for the roots to take hold IMHO. Whenever I plant new seedlings, or clones, I use a flour sifter to strain out large chunks from my potting soil so the roots have an easy time of it. Just a thought I wanted to pass along.

I don't understand the flap about foil. I had two great harvests from my first grow box lined with foil, and never had a problem with hot spots. I didn't employ the same technique this time since the walls of my box are white, and I wanted to check the diff. It make logical sense to me that mylar, being more reflective than foil would increase the chances of creating hot spots.

Give those babies TLC, and you'll be posting pics of big sticky buds soon enough!

I'm going to have to re visit HD, and check out those higher intensity CFL's. The last time I checked, the higher wattage CFL's required a ballast.

Maybe it's nothing, but your babies seem to be growing in some pretty chunky soil, making it difficult for the roots to take hold IMHO. Whenever I plant new seedlings, or clones, I use a flour sifter to strain out large chunks from my potting soil so the roots have an easy time of it. Just a thought I wanted to pass along.

I don't understand the flap about foil. I had two great harvests from my first grow box lined with foil, and never had a problem with hot spots. I didn't employ the same technique this time since the walls of my box are white, and I wanted to check the diff. It make logical sense to me that mylar, being more reflective than foil would increase the chances of creating hot spots.

Give those babies TLC, and you'll be posting pics of big sticky buds soon enough!

Mylar is smooth and doesn't crinkle or crease. That's why mylar is better. IMHO. :ganjamon:

it was ROFLETASTIC :rofl:

errrrrrr . . . :grinjoint:

yeah i know which ones you mean the ones where the tube is not curly but straight yeah those require a ballast
look for the 300watt equiv curly its the best i can describe it
just like a regular just bigger those things are awesome
its like the center of the sun in your box :ganjamon:

yeah i learned my lesson on the soil :scratchinghead: after some super thrive they picked up, now its let them grow and stabilize then its off to some nice soil and pots

you know at first i was all like whats the difference in foil
but oh well guess it made a big enough dif when my plants where babies

hope your HD has those bulbs
they are sweeeeet

Mylar is smooth and doesn't crinkle or crease. That's why mylar is better. IMHO. :ganjamon:
I must agree with Old Med Man
Word Mylar rocks your socks
it will rock it i say
lol

so the plants are just growing at a nice pace now
nothing new to post
so maybe pics tomorrow yay yeah :thanks: and yall come again yah hear

Hello and :welcome:

Update time has come again
And today is extra special

Lets get started
Truthfully if you can get all your CFLs in there go for it. Can't have too much light.:grinjoint:
The more Lumins the better. When I had my grow inside, that's what I did.
Done
Now there are two more daylights in there.
Now there are both spectrum lights inside, its the center of the sun+1

Lets move onto the pictures:
All ladies have names
here is waves since shes always in the fans way and is always moving
Untitled-97.jpg

Here is wisp
Untitled-86.jpg

this is pokey
Untitled-78.jpg

here is snips
Untitled-68.jpg

this is sega, the little one with the tini tiny leaves at first
kinda looked like the palm trees in sonic
Untitled-515.jpg

here is munky growing two sets of branches now :slide:
Untitled-412.jpg

this is sickles since its leaves are all curvy and pointy lol
that one leaf was drying before and then the plant picked up and that dried part just remained kinda adds to the plant i guess gives it personality lol
Untitled-315.jpg

chimps poking its first set of branches
Untitled-219.jpg

and show me =D
Untitled-106.jpg

there are more plants but those are looking sickly

oh but here is generation two
Untitled-138.jpg

they will remain in the cube till the roots start poking out then they will be planted into proper soil =D
these two will grow big and strong cuz now i gots a working formula lol

Plants look like they are starting to grow. If I could make one suggestion is to remove those leaves that are 50% or more dead. There is no positive reason to leave them on and actually the opposite they can only slow things up. Just a suggestion, Everything else looking good. + rep you are well on your way...

Plants look like they are starting to grow. If I could make one suggestion is to remove those leaves that are 50% or more dead. There is no positive reason to leave them on and actually the opposite they can only slow things up. Just a suggestion, Everything else looking good. + rep you are well on your way...

thanks dude =D
eh i should trim those leaves

Back
Top Bottom