420's Fish4Fun420 - Grab Bag Seeds - Out/Indoor Grow Journal - 2013

Fish4Fun420

Thank you all for taking a moment to check out my first ever grow!

-The Strains: 51 Random seeds collected from Grand Daddy Purp, Jack Ohara, Blue Dream and a few other mixed strains.

-The Idea: This is my first time grow I'm working on a low budget, keep it simple stupid motto. I want to spend more time learning and understand then micro managing the whole ordeal. I will be starting outdoors for sapling through veg state and then bring it indoors for flowering as I am racing against time before fall strikes. Using only what I have around the house to start the grow and will upgrade my setup as needed. This is a personal growth ordeal looking to grow my own trees so I don't have to buy it anymore.

-The Soil Base: Potting soil mixed with cow manure. I have used this base for everything in my yard and hasn't failed me yet so that's what I'm sticking to.

-The Container: Dunks cup with a few holes punched in the bottom with the straw flaps folded down for better air flow.
kiss.jpg

This one seed I planted on 8/28 and it's now 9/1 and the seed has already sprouted! I was thinking it would take weeks but in only a few short days it has sprouted to about half an inch tall. Seeing as the seed took so quickly I have also placed the other 50 seeds in a damp paper towel out in the sun today 9/1 to see how many will germinate. My long term goal is to learn how to clone and learn the ins and outs of this amazing plant.

Again thank you for taking a look at my project I will be updating with my progress, ideas and photos. I look forward to everyone's thoughts/suggestions and constructive criticism is always welcome!

Much Love -Fish :peacetwo:

Re: 420's Fish4Fun420, Grab Bag Seeds, Out/Indoor Grow Journal - 2013

Woohoo! Lets do this Spimp! Tomorrow I'll have a solid count out of the other 50 seeds as to how many will germinate and then we wait to see how many females I get to put through the paces. I'm glad I have an outlet like this site to work with I am learning so much just from reading everyone's journals, bouncing up and down in my chair like a little kid haha! I'm reading over your Ghetto Micro setup and the gears in my head are turning like crazy as I'll be moving indoors half way through this project.

Nice! I would suggest keeping the seeds indoor while they germ. They prefer slightly warmer than room temp. And ya about 2-3 days is totally normal for these seeds. Good luck looking forward to the lifting of the dunk cups!

My predicament is that I don't have very good sun light in my room, I have plenty of ambient but no direct sun on the seeds where I have them now do you think that will be ok?

Thanks for all the love I'm so excited I keep looking over at the seeds like "are you ready? how about now? now?" haha!

Gosh I hope so Ricorico! The fun part will be since they were all in the same bag I won't know what strains is which till maybe harvest time. These were from close friends and some of my own personal collection. I'm hoping for at least six ladies but if I get more I'd be happy, I don't know what I would do if say I got a dozen ladies.. I'd have to find a bigger closet or chase the bats out of my attic lol!

I found some sun! I have them on the window sill for now until the sun dips behind the trees but I can see a few of them have a blue hue on the shell of them, probably doesn't mean anything but they are mixed sizes, colors, shapes.
babies55.jpg

Now we play the waiting game:trance:

When you germinate seeds they don't need any light, since you are trying to get the taproot to pop. Roots don't like the light, so if you're using a paper towel, just wet it, put the beans in, and fold the towel so that the seeds are enclosed. If you have a cable box, or something that puts off some heat, the heat will help them pop, as long as it's not too hot. I plant my seeds directly in the soil, because I didn't have the best of luck with the paper towel, and now 100% of my seeds have popped successfully, good luck!

I did the pinch test on all of them to make sure they weren't duds, out of the 70 I started with I'm down to 51. What I did for the Dunks cup was use the paper towel until they were really glossy sort of like they are now and then tossed it in the Dunks cup and in a few days time it's already sprouted. I have to see what I have for trays/pots to put these in I think I'm going to give them a night to soak and then tomorrow transplant them into the dirt. Trial by fire is exciting you never know what's going to happen!

Can't believe how much interest I got on this in just the first day. I have a feeling with you all behind me it's going to be a very merry Christmas indeed. Thank you all for the support I look forward to see how many of these ladies survive the ride!

You are on the right track, after they r big enough to sex, you could have 15-20 females in a month, don't waste time on any plant that could turn out to be a boy. :welcome: also, u chose the best site for many great members to get yourself Big Buds! Lastly wath out for moth eggs on them, I noticed ypu have inchworms on the cucumber plant!

Glad I stopped by for this one. I'll be subbed. You are off to a great start, keeping the K.I.S.S. principle works best for many things in life I always say Fish4. And like Dank said, love the enthusiasm ;)

Those dang inchworms are everywhere up here, I will definitely keep a close eye for any creepy crawler activity. I'm hoping that during the sapling/veg stage they will be easy to spot, can't you put a plastic bottle around the bottom to keep the creepy crawlers from getting to the stem? I still have a ton of research to do but I know I've seen something like that before on the net. 15-20??? Holy smokes I was thinking six would be cool but man if that turns out to be the case I will be ecstatic! Thanks for the warm welcome trichomes!

Glad I stopped by for this one. I'll be subbed. You are off to a great start, keeping the K.I.S.S. principle works best for many things in life I always say Fish4. And like Dank said, love the enthusiasm ;)
Welcome to the party AfricanGrower! Please stop in and give your 2cents when ever you like I'll take all the help I can get with this one! From what I'm reading I have a feeling this is going to go from slow to gogogo pretty quickly if these numbers are anywhere near what Trichomes predicted. Thanks for the support my friend!

I'm still staring at the seeds hoping they will get up and dance across my desk... I see five or six right now that are popping and others that are growing a nice little split down the sides. This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning lol

welcome ShrubHub my fellow closet grow enthusiast! I'm currently flipping through your grow page taking mental notes, sub'd as well we will be bouncing notes off each other I'm sure! Your ladies look great can't wait to see how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom