My 1st grow

MI-grower

What's good my fellow smokers and growers.. I'm a long time smoker:bong: and a 1st time grower. I'm new to this site and trying to learn more about growing what I love, that's weed. I just got my Medical growing licence for the State of Michigan. I have a 400 watt light and the room is 10x4 that im gonna use for now. Im growing from seed but would love to get my hands on some good clones if you know what I mean. I will be useing soil/dirt what kind of fertilizer should I use. How high should I put the light above my babies, (they just sprouted last week) To high and I know they'll strech to close and they'll roast. This is my 1st crop and it's for a patient of mine so I would like to suppy-em with the best I can grow if you know what I mean. The seeds I sprouted are some good Mid-grade that was from the summer. Any helpful hints any of you vets and give to help out a rookie.. I am planning on posting some pics to show as they grow. So hopefully my pics will look as good or better than some of the plants I have seen on here. LOL....well its time for a smoke:rollit:

:peace: & Love from the Glove

Any help for the rookie....Fine I'll learn on my own by trial and error....lol:smokin:

any help would be:welcome: but im used to doing things on my own and learning from my mistakes.

It it what it is...

001178.JPG

its a blury pic but here are my babies at not even a week old

:welcome:

001179.JPG

This beauty was started outside and had to be moved indoors about a month ago b/c of the weather, she has been under stress and lack of proper lighting for about a month, I now have her under a 400 watt light and hope she dont hermie on me..

What do you think of my 1st plant..

Please let me know.

LOL I know, I was just being a smart azz if you know what I'm saying. Thanks 4 the comment, yes it does look like a christmas tree. I never meant to offend any1..

she's under a 400 watt light, at 12/12. Dont know the type of light but its bright as hell. thanks 4 the comment roll it up

OK, first, keep your light 14-18" from the top of the canopy. Stretch can be controlled by the use of proper spectrum lighting. MH bulbs in the 6500k range are optimal. If your ballast won't strike both MH and HPS bulbs, look for a conversion bulb. They typically run about 6000k, so you lose a little spectrum efficiency, but it's still alot better than vegging under an HPS...unless you like leggy stretchy plants.

Next, for optimum grow conditions, you need 50w of HID lighting per square foot. That means to completely utilize the space you are using, you need 2000w of light, which means you'll need alot of ventilation to keep temps manageable. Think about blocking off a 3x4 foot space, line it with mylar and work like that. You're still underlit...a 600w light would be perfect for that space...but not nearly as bad.

Soil is easy. Fox Farm Ocean Forest...best commercially available soil there is, just add 25% more perlite. Nutes are more in depth. It sounds a bit like you've jumped right in without really deciding on how you want to grow. Organic nutes will be the best route for you until you get a little experience. With organics you almost completely eliminate the chance of nute burn. I use TechnaFlora's Pura Vida line, and amend with guanos and feed with teas, with great success. Others really like the whole Fox Farm line.

Thanks southern, yes i did start growing w/o planning every detail. The big one was started outside late in the year, the the only reason she is indoors is b/c of the weather its cold and shitty here in Michigan. Next year I'll put-em outdoors earlier.. Gotta learn from ur mistakes...lol..

I'll add more light and keep an eye on her.

003189.JPG

002222.JPG

001180.JPG

Sorry about the quality but my camera is a POS....

after my bills get paid I'll work on getting a new camera...lol

yeah bro southernweed has the master layout for u but I know those MH/HPS could get spendy thats why I mentioned the cfls...42 watts will work but what im doing is getting as much light in there as possible without raising my temp too high. I have 9 bulbs in my box and my temp range is 75-83 with 75 degrees throughout the dark period. I feel the plant will reward u if u bombard it with light.

Somebody pls correct me if im wrong..

007161.JPG

The top of her got burned up and had to be removed over a month ago, I was so sad. I kicked myself in the azz b/c it was my fault the light was way to close b/c she was so tall and all I had was a bs light. Live and Learn I guess..:(
010148.JPG

008164.JPG

Sorry about the quality but my camera sucks...you get the idea though..:yummy:

yup this was grown from a seed of some good mid-grade from this summer

Back
Top Bottom