Waikiki Queen - My 1st Indoor Grow Ever!

IMG_083835.JPG

Hey, thanks man! I just fed them last night with this stuff ^^^

In terms of spacial issues, to complicate things more, my tent sucks inward creating a vortex and leaving even less space. Maybe from the filter exhaust sucking outward does this? Is there anyway to stop this? Yellowing leaves around the areas pressed up against the tent is not optimal I'm sure.

Tops are starting to get too top heavy, which I'm certainly not going to complain about. I'm going out later today to buy some stakes and tie them to ensure they stay straight upright.
Get a speed controller for your fan and check the volume of air it removes and the volume of your tent. It should replace the air in the tent every 2-3 mins from something i read.
Hope this helps

Thanks. I have a speed control for the exhaust fan on medium. It seems like if I had an intake fan that may solve this by balancing things out (air in air out)?

You are correct! Adding an intake fan at the same speed will ease the issue for sure. Decreasing the exhaust fan speed without intake fan may work. It's definitely a cheaper option and won't hurt to try either.

Oh my they come long way since I last checked some 2 weeks ago! Great colors and budding going on here! My oh my! Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks for the tremendous support! I'm starting to get excited! Should I have to start worrying a little about humidity levels. They have ranged 47 - 56%. This strain is supposed to be slow during flower with high bud yield so much maturing to go - I'm still not expecting to harvest until right after New Years.

Ideally, in bloom you want 40% to 50% RH. In late bloom a good target would be 25% but all this is dependent on weather where you live. Some can be controlled but you'd be ok anywhere below 50%.

Temperatures in tent should be below 80 F.

Your buds are looking good...:goodjob:

Thanks MajicJim. I have a dehumidifier but thought I read that its good during flower between 50 & 58% and then to get it in the low to mid 40% range during full on budding? I'm just wondering if I should put the dehumidifier in now or if it can wait.

I'm not trying to duck your question but much of humidity issues are will be different depending on your location. You're doing a good job. I'm still going through some trial and error in my grow right now. Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with the error part.

What you've read sounds good to me because I'm dealing with very high humidity here.

Yeah, Jim, I bought a "mid-sized" dehumidifier. Its the EVA-DRY EDV-2200 and so far I'm not that impressed. So far since yesterday the water reserve was like 1/4 full with water and humidity levels have been 44%. Unless I get another one ($89) then I expect it not to get any lower than this. Should I get another to lower the RH more, especially during peek budding? These are the questions I have. I could not imagine a bigger nightmare than going 5 months and then getting bud rot! Of course my strain I need to be vigilant against this as the buds are big.Should I get another dehumidifier to lower it in the 30's during the last 2 weeks of budding?

I'm so paranoid about air circulation and mold... I have 5 fans going in my 2X4 tent! 2 on the bottom blowing the lower canopy, two clip on, and 1 hanging from a bungee.

Things are starting to smell nice in my tent. Yum.

I'd say that is definitely paranoia. You'll be ok. Plants are beginning to look frosty. :goodjob:

I'm so paranoid about air circulation and mold... I have 5 fans going in my 2X4 tent! 2 on the bottom blowing the lower canopy, two clip on, and 1 hanging from a bungee.

Things are starting to smell nice in my tent. Yum.

Great nugs and RH of 44% is all right, do not worry about it. I mean I have my girl in basement pretty humid, over 50 and no problems in my 4x4 tent with one fan running over night. And also solid outtake. Great job! Keep it up and thank you for sharing! :love: :Namaste:

Yeah, overblown (pun intended) with the fans but better safe than sorry I figure.

I checked the RH just before leaving for work today and it was now down to 38%! That's more towards my goal of being in the lower to upper 30% into the budding phase. I am watering/feeding them tonight.

Its going to be a very Merry Christmas, that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom