Waikiki Queen - My 1st Indoor Grow Ever!

Regarding hard water, I'm on a well and my water is about as hard as it can be, I use it for all my grows and never had issues, matter of fact it is loaded down with minerals that are beneficial, most hard water has a lot of calcium as well

Mine is really high in iron here, I didn't like how the plants responded to it. (HPS and CFL lighting back then) I kept having to fuss with nutrients on them especially the Cal/mag, they seemed to need it a lot. Rainwater seems to be doing them well since I switched to that.
Everyone has differences in the wells for sure.
Thanks for the input!

:circle-of-love:

Hi guys and thanks for the overwhelming support - I really appreciate it! Things to note:
Light schedule is 18/24
LEDs are about 18" and seem fine
Michigan Made soil (I have used this only, ZERO NUTES)
Tents humidity has been 34-44 (I don't like the idea of damp towels as I don't want to attract pests)
Inside temp is 81F max
C02 bag hanging
I haven't used the wash in about 4 weeks

IMG_079640.JPG
IMG_080233.JPG
IMG_080339.JPG

They seem to be doing better over the last week and a 1/2, ever since the switch to distilled water. There is still some leaf curling here and there I think due to a combo of fan action and low humidity. I picked off a crap load of yellow leaves this past weekend and hopefully that is it. Here's what they look like now. They are 9.5 weeks old now. I am going to re-pot them tomorrow and then flower in 2 weeks??? Should I?

IMG_080742.JPG
IMG_080839.JPG

Here's my soil.
Phosphate is 33*

Like I've said, my biggest mistake was choosing a "moderately" difficult strain for my first grow. I bet this strain would grow like crazy in hydro. I have everything for hydro too, but was intimidated and thought this was a longer but much easier path. I am reconsidering this decision for my next grow.

Lol i came back after reading back couple of pages and i saw you having problems. I only saw the beginning and last posts. Listen to all these suggestions. If you have overwatering problems perhaps switch to fabric pots. I see you checked ur ph already, so perhaps if not overwatered then lack of oxygen cause the soil is compacted? I am new as well, so i can only speak as far as i have experienced. I think you are in a good hands already and since it is not an auto, they have time to bounce and you will only have a very long veg time. I went thru some troubles too and ended up vegging for 3 months since seeds were dropped. Haha. Very nice lessons learned.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Woops, I forgot to mention I have fabric pots and the soil is nice and airy. Plants start to wilt and need water every three to 4 days. No issues there.
Well then I am out of idea whats going on if the soil is not compacted, you have fabric pots so overwatering is less of an issur if you are a chronic one, temps and rh are dialed in, airflow is good, ph is fine...hmmm. I can only cross my fingers then haha. But seriously, dont give up and keep going at it, wellfleetion :).

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey there Jim, after looking at your Panama in your recent thread, I'm thinking I have a cal/mag issue all along. I'm getting some supplements tomorrow. THANKS so much!

High wellfleetion. Most growers using LED will tell you that cal mag is essential at times. It looks like your plants are doing better so just keep it up. :high-five:

Thanks again Jim & Canafan! What a learning experience!

So I invested in a digital PH reader and I'm glad I did. Prior to re-potting my plants into 5 gallon fabric containers today, I raw soaked them (root-ball only, no container) submersed for a minute each in in 6.5 PH water. After doing this I then put them into their new 5 gal containers with fresh Michigan Made soil mix. Also completely snipped off any and all yellow leaves (I want to make sure NONE come back). Then after re-potting I gave them a dose of this VVVVVVVVVVVV
IMG_081141.JPG

The run-off was 6.3 PH when all was said and done. Things should/better FINALLY be 100% on track. I will post pics next week when they have settled. I'm thinking my flower schedule will be delayed to two weeks from today.

Thanks again for all the advice! Wow Cannafan, you were right. What a difference I've noticed and its only been 2 days. They look so green so lush and HAPPY. I definitely notice they are suddenly and very quickly filling in on the sides. I'm definitely seeing the results of my early and constant mix of topping and fimming, albeit with no real plan (as evidenced with the netting and such)! Things are shooting out everywhere. I will post pics next week and there should be a very noticeable difference with ZERO yellow leaves! Big lesson with the water. I should have gotten that digital PH meter right off and let my tap water sit minimally for 2 days but 3s best. Also retest it prior to use! Water is everything, EVEN IN SOIL! Let it sit and get the harmful stuff out and good minerals in and also supplement as needed. More lessons learned!

Back
Top Bottom