Waikiki Queen - My 1st Indoor Grow Ever!

Ok, I topped my plants before seeing this and I get it, they aren't that fragile anymore!!! With that being said, I went ahead and re-potted them into new soil until I officially re-pot them into new and bigger containers when I turn to flower in a couple of more weeks. I just wanted to be sure there were plenty of nutes in their, that I didn't flush them away and then have a deficiency all over again. Better safe than sorry! Here's one of the root balls:
IMG_066440.JPG

Oh yeah, they will all love the new soil. You will see them go for it again! Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks! They seem to be thriving like at no other time. Pix next week. Should see some impressive development from the topping by then...? I can't wait to report as I am getting more confident that my early proactive topping is going to pay-off big time! Some plants more than others but those are the plants I was more pro-active with!

IMG_061130.JPG

I don't know man, I'm scratching my head. There lots of yellow leaves, some hidden, some not... I plucked a lot of stuff off. This strain is not an easy one (it is described as "moderate" skill level to grow). I'm not sure if its my humidity (37 - 42% - its Waikiki Queen so?), they don't like the LEDs, the tent is between 80/84F MAX, I have a C02 "bag" in there... I just do not get it. I PH the water, tested the run-off for the soil and its fine. I'm using Michigan Made Mix soil and have changed it twice now! I don't know what else to do!

That's an older pic, btw, but similar things occurring, mostly under growth, but there were a couple medium sized fan leaves that were pro-actively plucked. I'm upset so far with the performance and was mumbling to my plants while watering them "wtf" and stuff. I will not touch them for 5 days and see if anymore leaves die I guess? Suggestions are super welcome! I looked at those charts and it seems like it could be many different things yet I've changed my soil and PH everything and the soil should have plenty of the nutes, so?

I'm sorry your still having this issue wellfleetion, I was having similar issues when I was growing in soil as well. That's why I switched to hydro/DWC.

I think we have covered all of the following that can cause the issue such as room temp, humidity, ph, and nutrients.

How about the water you are using? Is it tap water? If so how is the quality of your water? Maybe try adding some cal/mag to your water.

You also mentioned that you were/are giving them a foilar spray. Is it too concentrated? Try maybe a more diluted solution.

I'm just throwing darts at the wall here hoping something works for you.

Well still picking off yellow leaves. I bought gallons of distilled water that is testing good PH right out of the bottle and that I just started using last week. I know I have HARD water, but read that should not be an issue.

Man, if I spent all this money and fail I do not now what I'm going to do. This was a huge investment because I can't afford $350 a z from my local dispeseries! UGH!!!

Hey, sorry to see what's happening, im not a professional grower but ive grown alot in 2000. personally I would stop foliar feeding for a while and check calibration of your pH meter, amazon has soil PH meters really cheap and they work well for me, I would say its too many nutrients, the soil you are using has plenty nutrients from what I understand and cal mag wouldn't hurt either. Some strains are very picky and difficult to grow, some love alot of nutrients and some don't. Don't get discouraged, try stopping all nutrients and see if any new growth at the top is looking better, I'm not sure on the height of your led lights but I'd raise them about 18" to 24" above canopy, I hope this helps a bit and just be patient and consider this a learning experience

High there. Let me get this right. You showed this plant to the guy at the hydro store and he said everything looked ok to him?

As a matter fact, you wrote:

he said a few spots and some yellowing leaves are "normal" and I had nothing to worry about. In fact he said my plant looked and smelled great!

IMG_051840.JPG

My advice to you is to let the plant grow itself.

Go back and read your own thread. Let's review. All seeds popped. Let's go ahead and drop the fan and filter on them. Ok. Now my memory is not good here but we either topped and supercropped the following week or we might have up canned them next. I just don't remember. Somewhere in the story the poor girls either high or low pH water and some type of wash on a frequent basis and some new soil. Whew! My head is spinning!

Now I see a badminton net thrown over them and did we ever determine if the LED is at the proper height? I'm not sure I even noticed a light schedule.

I'm not trying to be critical here but please let these plants grow a bit. You have them constantly recovering from one thing or another.

I'll be back later to apologize. :green_heart:

OK firstly get a pot the same size your using and fill with soil. Let it dry totally and then keep that to one side as a pot to gauge weight against for watering frequency!

Then as said above stop chill and relax, your trying all at once with these girls and maybe worn ng against yourself a touch!

Also don't as a general rule listen to your hydro store! Your in the best spot for genuine aid :)

So in the beginning you were watering to run off, this isn't required when plants are young and in such size of pot. So soil was always wet and your roots will of suffered. Maybe switch to bottem feeding if wanting to develop your roots!
Then stop messing as you seem to be doing the usual thing when we all start out growing and over loving your plants!

Please also think about your re potting! Don't do this just as you hit flower! You want root development in veg and your plants focus on buds in flower not pushing out more roots. So last transplant min of 2 weeks before flipping! :)

Lastly your plants certainly should not look like they do with that leaf damage,so if your local store guy is saying otherwise, then you know he doesn't know squat!!!! To me maybe lack of oxygen for your roots?!
Your using a super soil which we know nothing about,so it's hard to judge the soil and its state, yet your running led so additional cal mag is always a must!

So work your watering frequency out once and for all against the dry soil pot. Then relax, less messing and second guessing. Once you sit back these plants grow themselves lol. If your PH is good and frequency of waterings is sorted and you add some cal mag all should come good (if your super soil is any good)

Wish we could help more but super soils are a pain lol :)

The hardest thing to do your first grow is relax and not interfere with the plants besides just guiding them here and there. I have found my local hydro guys didn't really know squat either. Find a couple good journals on here and bookmark or subscribe to them. They can be the best guide you have on what plants should look like every couple days as they grow. You can compare yours to theirs and backtrack to find out what was done differently.

I am still reading up, but a quick question on the "super soil" the hydro store sold you...did they give you something telling what is in the soil and at what percentage? The super soil I've read most about is by a guy named "subcool", but I have no idea if that's the mix your hydro store is following. If you posted this earlier, my apologies, I haven't read completely through yet.

It would be great to know what's in it, is there a formula for seedlings...then vegging...then flowering? (early on you mentioned "phase 1")

Your girls have gone through a lot in such a short time, starting with the fan accident. There was not a whole lot of time to let them recover from the stress.

Edit: Okay, I see you are using Michigan Made mix out of Rothbury, Mi. This means I should have someone local to me that I can check on this. Very close to me. ;-) I am really curious on the ingredients.

Well still picking off yellow leaves. I bought gallons of distilled water that is testing good PH right out of the bottle and that I just started using last week. I know I have HARD water, but read that should not be an issue.

Man, if I spent all this money and fail I do not now what I'm going to do. This was a huge investment because I can't afford $350 a z from my local dispeseries! UGH!!!

I have very hard water where I am. What I've read is that hard water can cause lockouts by restricting uptake of nutrients. I think it's a good move to go with distilled water. Personally, I use rainwater where I am and I love it...so do the plants. I have to have a water softener due to the hardness, and I can't use the water from that due to far too much salt.

Correct me if others disagree on the hard water thoughts please.

And the net you have over the plants in a couple of the pics...are you trying to do a Scrog with the plants?

:circle-of-love:

Okay, finally, on the Ultimate Wash you are spraying on the plants. Personally I would stop using that. Your plants have been through too much, I saw no signs of spider mites which is why you drenched them with it?
Read up on the Ultimate wash on google, you will see some people who have had their leaves die off after drenching with it. It's a revised version of "Mighty Wash", that people had trouble with. Mostly due to the food coloring in it which they have removed. It's got mixed reviews for sure. If you don't need it, don't use it...if you have to use it, dilute it as someone said earlier and don't spray it while LED's are on (it says on the product not to spray in direct sunlight, and do it during lights off with indoor grows). It also says you may only need to use it once, that it is effective throughout the grow once applied. This is AFTER it states to spray it once every 3-5 days if necessary.....:hmmmm: You may well have used too much on them.

IMO :)

Hydro stores are going to sell you whatever they think you will buy. It's their job, to sell. They certainly aren't going to tell you "Well, there are mixed reviews on that product, I would be cautious." They are in business to sell.
So, read up on your products before you hand that money out for something you may not need.

I think your plants are going to recover just fine, you just have to give them time to do it.

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Hey wellfleetion,

lean on these excellent growers for support. I trust their judgment and they are very knowledgeable growers. I'm glad I could round up a few true heros here to help you out. To all that answered my bat call / cannabis call :adore: thanks and I knew you wouldn't disappoint.:adore::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom