Waikiki Queen - My 1st Indoor Grow Ever!

I re-measured my PH in the same water I've been using and thought was corrected (well, when I re-water last week, anyway) and it was still a little high (light green). So I just filled two buckets and PH them to 6.5 (tested and re-tested!!!) and will let them sit overnight to get the chlorine out and then re-test them again tomorrow. I then plan on a deep watering of the two in the back (soak through) as these two are super light and then the two in the front maybe a day later as they are a little heavier for whatever reason. It will have been day 6 since they were last watered to run-off.

The plant front right has some curling on two of the leaves but I think this may be due to low humidity levels (I also raised my light to 30"). Cut the lower leafs of 3 of the 4 of the plants as they yellowed slightly either due to the PH or shock or both.

Just did a soak through watering. Last was 6 days ago. Checked the PH run-off from the soil and it was 6.5 now.
image31011.jpeg

They seem to be kinda of short. Maybe this was from the 8.0 PH level that was noted?
image1-1.jpeg

I did something which I should not have. I left a couple of bowls of water out in the tent thinking it would raise the humidity. I just noticed a dead gnat or two in two of the bowls. Opened the tent up and cleaned it thoroughly and while doing so had a fan on high in there hoping if there were any still there that would flush them out. I hope I did not invite a pest in!!!!!!!! Any suggestions to be sure? I made sure there was no standing water, even under the plants as I wiped the bottoms a few times after the water drained through.
image16037.jpeg

image111000.jpeg

This leaf withered curled up and was dying... I just pulled it off. The one on the other side looked ok. Now the middle is starting to grow up.

I'm making all kinds of little mistakes along the way and am learning (I'm thinking I just should have topped this early on). Also, my 1st batch of water wasn't tested and retested for the PH and it was high. Plus I never let my water sit out uncovered for 24hrs for chlorine. Despite these rookie mistakes (and my huge accident) my plants seem to be doing well and hopefully will also recover from this better than ever.

I am going to be out and about and the pots seem unusually light as I just water them 3 days ago (the above pic is not the most recent). Should I water them again as I will not be able to for another 3 days? Or should I just wait?

How long can I expect for my plants to recover? The one that I just topped is doing the best - looks awesome. The other 2 that that were combo super cropped and topped look decent but they aren't forming those knobs yet on the branches and the branches are wilted (yeah, I know they were damaged purposely and need time to recover, but...?)

I think I went too far too early and should have given them another week to super crop, if at all (just keep topping ever other week?)

Hello and welcome. Its nice to see someone else from my neck of the woods. I have to say, I was down in PTown the other day on a job, and I was surprised to see such a huge selection of bagged soils at the local hardware store. Pretty decent prices too.

As to your girls, they look good. SUper cropping this young might not have been the way to go, though I have seen smaller branches survive an inadvertant break. Check out the journals on fluxing for a good idea on how to best train them to produce to their potential.

Cheers :) and keep up the good work!

Hey, what's up?! Born & bread in Wellfleet but live and work in the Merrimack Valley, Mass. now. Still go visit my mother though, especially during the warm weather.

Only 1 plant I totally destroyed with my premature super cropping - another lessons learned. The other three should be fine. 4 plants is really pushing it for my 2x4 tent anyway so I already said to myself I would go all out hard on 1 plant and if it doesn't survive no big deal. So I know even the worst plant will "survive" and later thrive, but if not no big deal. I'm learning... But at the same time I still need a good yield with A+ quality bud. I may need to veg a little longer to overcome my mistakes due to the plant needing to heal through yet another round.

IMO, you did two things wrong here.

1. Topped too late.
2. Cropped too early.

By topping them earlier you give them more time to bounce back. I'm done with my two toppings by the end of week two.

And as for cropping, this should be done later when the stems have hardened and only as a last resort (if the plant stretches out of control). No need to crop them while they're this young.

But as you've said, no biggie. Four plants is one plant too many for your setup anyway.

Best.

IMO, you did two things wrong here.

1. Topped too late.
2. Cropped too early.

By topping them earlier you give them more time to bounce back. I'm done with my two toppings by the end of week two.

And as for cropping, this should be done later when the stems have hardened and only as a last resort (if the plant stretches out of control). No need to crop them while they're this young.

But as you've said, no biggie. Four plants is one plant too many for your setup anyway.

Best.

Yep...I learned the hard way with my first grow. Got excited and had 6 plants going in my 4x2. Luckily I was able to salvage the Blue Dream and the WWxBB for the most part. My Dark Devils were less than stellar. This grow Ive kept it to 3 pants in 5g softies, and it seems to be the magic number.

:peacetwo:

Hey, what's up?! Born & bread in Wellfleet but live and work in the Merrimack Valley, Mass. now. Still go visit my mother though, especially during the warm weather.

I grew up around Boston, but couldnt afford to buy there so I moved to NH. My gig in commercial laundry equipment repair takes me all over the area though. I love the Cape in the off season. Much more relaxing. :)

After reading all about over-watering I think I went too extreme with under-watering. Also, I did not know that once water has been tested for PH it needs to be re-tested. I re-tested a bucket of water that was fine last week (6.5) and now is 7.0. So I re-Ph it and another lesson learned.

So with this, some leaves were spotted yellow and some ends were crispy. I snipped those. I think this strain is very thirsty and the use of fabric pots makes it that much more harder to over-water. So with my plants having those yellowing and wanting to be sure there weren't any deficiencies I decided to re-pot with new soil and watered. I think this was a good move. This was done last night and here they are today, 24 hours later.
ihhhhmage1-1.jpeg

image16679.jpeg

I FIM and topped them last night as well. That plant leaf stretching over on the upper left side of the pic looks really clawed but that may be the result of the dry soil. It's really the only one like that.

Plants will be 5 weeks old tomorrow and have been through a lot already. This is supposedly a moderate strain to grow so I guess I could have picked an easier strain for my first! I just need this to be potent as my tolerance is through the roof! Any thoughts ideas?

Crap for potency 600 watts in a 2x4 should do it :) I've grown 2 plants in a 2x4 and I've grown 20. Plant count isn't the big issue imho it's how many different strains. Since you have one strain then they should all be about the same height and age when harvested. If you have gnats you may want to try drenching your plants vs top watering. Mix your nutes in a bucket and dunk your plants in but only about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way in. Let the top few inches of soil stay dry. Also waters the roots better imho.

Back
Top Bottom