Waikiki Queen - My 1st Indoor Grow Ever!

Thanks - I'm pretty sure I do not have gnats. But just in case I use a "wash" and spray my plants thoroughly 1x a week.

I think along with letting them dry to long before watering, the slightly off ph, I underestimated the strength of these LEDS (although I'm only using 1 right now!) as I think they were too close. I've raised them twice. I think the proper height for these are about 24"!!!

I just topped them. Also cleared some drier leaves underneath probably from underwatering and early/mid ph issues. I am watering them moderately tomorrow as I will be unavailable and do not want a repeat of last weekends underwatering fiasco. I will be trying to do so strategically using a shot glass all along the outer areas of the planters to get these areas wet to attract root growth there and continue to expand the rootball. :)

IMG_047142.JPG
IMG_048443.JPG

I think this strain just loves water. Watered them on Saturday and was gone until Monday (today) and they are light as a feather. I water them thoroughly again but noticed more browning and am worried. I did re-pot and the ph is now fine so the nutrients should be ok??? So I'm thinking I just need to water more. Please, any advice would be welcome. My local hydro store swears the soil I am using is all I need - no nutes needed, which I thought was strange considering they were in business to sell their products! Any ideas???

I raised the lights a couple more inches AGAIN... So to me the simple answer is to water every other day thinking it has been an under-watering issue (along with lights being too low?) and to correct the issue by watering every other day and hope all is well? Humidity has been at 38% (yes, could be higher) and the tent never gets above max 81F - ever. I really would hate to invest in yet something else if avoidable (humidifier) as I just bought de-humidifier for when things get wet into flowering and I already spent sooo much $$$$!!! Anything else anyone can think of that may be causing the browning and dryness besides lack of water? Remembering I re-potted 3 days ago to ensure their weren't deficiency issues and am using a super soil made for cannabis and highly recommended by my local hydro store/grower. I have been using a combo of different techniques with the FIM, topping, and some bending/training pending where the nodes seem to be coming from in order to get those max light. Maybe I've been too aggressive along with the under-watering and the lights being too low? I'm getting a little worried... I need to get these nice and super healthy as the plan is to flip to flower in 5 weeks assuming they double in size from now until then. Btw, this strain probably does best in hydro I'm guessing? Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Hello and welcome man. Your plant looks pretty good, put here some overall photos with better focus. Also if we are to tell what this can be, we need more information about your environment. Bugs usually move around some. Do you have any kind of PH meter? Have you installed some blue and yellow traps? Anyways, I wish you best of luck! Happy growing! :Namaste:

Yep, ph test kit - was off but only for the 1st couple of weeks. Now at 6ish.
2x4 tent
2 300 watt equal LEDS (only need 1 at the moment
100% soil grow with super soil only, no nutes
Fabric pots for best soil air flow & drainage
3 fans blowing
Scrubber filter with high output exhaust fan
Temp average is 80F with humidity in high 30
No traps set for bugs

Nice, seems like you got it all in check. I strongly recommend the traps as they keep the bugs in check. I have subscribed to the thread and looking forward to your harvest. I think she will turn out great!

Hi Tromula and thanks for the advice. I just bought some sticky flypaper and put it on the floor of the tent last night (nothing on it this PM, which is good news). I also read your 1st grow and was very impressed with your ingenuity and success. The mainlining technique was very well done! I see you got a nice new tent for your present project! One thing that I definitely learned quickly is that LEDS are awesome but tricky in getting the height right. I saw you had some challenges there and I also got some suspected light burn early on (along with the under-watering) that caused browning and some yellow spots which I touched on a few times already here. I have my LED now a good 26" up and that seems about right. It all depends on the LED being used, or so I've read.

Anyway, still being paranoid that the spotting, etc., could be something other than light burn/under-watering as it seemed to be spreading slightly (plus this is my 1st grow), so I took a cruse to my local hydro store with one of my plants in-hand (I probably shouldn't have done this as Mass is different with their mj laws than NH as I've recently come to find!) and had the owner (a very well known, respected and seasoned grower) take a look to be sure all was well. Obviously, the guy is wicked cool... After doing so he said a few spots and some yellowing leaves are "normal" and I had nothing to worry about. In fact he said my plant looked and smelled great! Here is a pic of me and my girl cruising yesterday. It's the first time she's been outside so I thought I would share! Ha!
IMG_051840.JPG

IMG_051744.JPG

The pictures are flattering and do not emphasize any of the issues I was speaking of!
Also, NO seat-belt! My life story!

I'm actually going to leave them alone for a week and then top again one final time next week before flipping the switch to flower power 2 weeks from then, pending their condition, of course. I feel better now though after my plant consultation yesterday! Still no evidence of bugs on the fly paper. Now I'm thinking my cat may have gotten a branch or 2 the 1 second I was not looking...! She's a sneaky little bitch! Hmmm?

I'm loving this site, btw. Lots of info and cool knowledgeable people.

So as soon as I say I am going to completely leave them for a week I just looked at them... They looked so good I could not resist doing one final minor topping on each of the 4 plants. I expect them to explode vigorously over the next 2 weeks as I am promising myself not to touch them (well, maybe some training but that's it). If so, then I will decide what plan of action to take in terms of the flowering schedule. Things should start to get interesting.

I'm actually going to leave them alone for a week and then top again one final time next week before flipping the switch to flower power 2 weeks from then, pending their condition, of course. I feel better now though after my plant consultation yesterday! Still no evidence of bugs on the fly paper. Now I'm thinking my cat may have gotten a branch or 2 the 1 second I was not looking...! She's a sneaky little bitch! Hmmm?

I'm loving this site, btw. Lots of info and cool knowledgeable people.

Thanks, and yes there are many people who will help you here. My cat also chewed off few branches. Seems you know what you want to do and that's great. I wish you best of luck and happy growing. :cheer::Namaste:

IMG_056440.JPG

So when I read these forums it seems like even the little things in a plant mean something. So with that being said, my plants all have a laf or two that has some yellowing and dryness around the outer part of the leaf. I snipped a couple of leaves and showed my hydro guy who said, "People worry too much. There will be some leaves like this here and there but the plant is perfectly well. It's a weed! The super soil is all you need - all is ok!" So do others agree? Some of the edges are really crispy.

Back
Top Bottom