Always Growing In My Garden

I will be doing another 5-gallon bucket DWC scrog in my 4x4. The strain is still being determined; meaning I germinated and started a Golden Tiger (reg), if I picked wrong there may be a new lady making an appearance, but if I picked right, she should make a nice canopy. This strain is sativa dominate, so I feel confidant she will fill the net as much as the light aloud.

I will be using GH for my nutrient line

Nutrient Line-up.jpg

As I mentioned in other threads I will only be give her 250 ppm's of cal-mag, with a couple drops of silica before the cal-mag, with Rapid Root finished off with some Hydro-Guard. After all of this the ppm's will still be 250.

Aces Gloden Tiger 11-26.jpg

Off to the races.
Aces Gloden Tiger 11-26a.jpg

This is what happen when I was gone for a couple days during Thanksgiving.
Aces Gloden Tiger 12-01.jpg

She is deep into the basket to eliminate some of the initial stretch.
Aces Gloden Tiger 12-01b.jpg

I will only be using one 2"x4" air stone at this stage and until I determine sex.
Ace golden tiger 1208.jpg

Aces Gloden Tiger 12-03.jpg

Aces Gloden Tiger 12-10.jpg

@Verbalist here's the start.

This is a Ace Seeds Golden Tiger (reg) so we will see how good I am picking a female out of the males.

In Golden Tiger we have combined different extremely potent and resinous sativas from Malawi and Thailand.

The outcome is a 100 % sativa hybrid with great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional flowering traits. The flowers overflow, forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are huge, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

This current version of Golden Tiger has stronger Thai influence, is better yielding and has more refined aromas than the previous one.

Concretely, Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and a 3rd generation Malawi male (brother of New Malawi Killer).

Golden Tiger is an excellent alternative to the Haze sativas. It will fascinate the most demanding growers, looking for new genuine sativa experiences of the highest order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TipoF3 SEMI STABILIZED HYBRID
FormatStandard
Sativa / Indica ratio100 % sativa
THC25-30 %
CBDUp to 0.5 %
CBGUp to 1.1 %
Flowering indoors10-14 weeks
Flowering outdoorsEnd of October / November
YieldHigh
Resistance against spider mitesAverage
Resistance against powder mildewAverage
Resistance against botrytisVery high
Resistance against white flyAverage-High
Resistance against coldAverage-High
Resistance against heatHigh
Latitude0º-43º
GeneticsOld Malawi Killer, Koh Chang Thai, Hmong Thai and a 3er generation Malawi male (brother of the New Malawi Killer).
StructureVery branchy and elegant sativa of thin leaves and medium-long node length.
BouquetFloral, spicy and lemony Thai aromas, with the organic and resinous Malawi background.
HighExtreme effect of psychedelic sativa: dense, stimulant and very long lasting. It may be devastating for beginners. Recommended only for the harder and most experienced sativa users.
Terpene profileComplex and rich terpene profile. It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high amounts of beta myrcene, followed by limonene, linalool, ocimene, isopulegol, alpha and beta pinene, camphene and terpinolene in smaller quantities. Sesquiterpenes: Mainly nerolidol 2, followed by beta caryophyllene and only traces of nerolidol 1 and humelene.
Growing TipsIt can be grown indoors with strong light intensity and with enough space for its development. We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering.

Very suitable for SOG crops due to its great yield in the main cola, or for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Outdoors, it is especially suitable for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates, although it can be cultivated with very good results in warm coastal climates of mild autumn (similar to the Mediterranean) up to latitudes close to 43º.

We recommend low/moderate levels of nutrients (especially of nitrogen) for the whole cycle, and slightly higher amounts of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

I have about 3 or 4 weeks for my current grow to finish and if (she) a she to be place into flower around day 25 to 30 of about a week or so before the others finish. Sativa are fun to scrog, but you have to pay close attention to get maximum yield. I am going for over a 24 oz. from one plant. My last was just over 18 oz. Time will tell.

This journal is to show you that @ViparSpectra LED's can help make even the novice grower achieve professional results. The construction and assemble is solid, and the selection and mounting of the chips seems to hit a sweet spot that our ladies love. The heat displacement ribbing does an effective job at dissipating heat from the unit. More on this later; enough sweet talk time to get down to the grow.

I will be doing another 5-gallon bucket DWC scrog in my 4x4. The strain is still being determined; meaning I germinated and started a Golden Tiger (reg), if I picked wrong there may be a new lady making an appearance, but if I picked right, she should make a nice canopy. This strain is sativa dominate, so I feel confidant she will fill the net as much as the light aloud.

I will be using GH for my nutrient line

Nutrient Line-up.jpg

As I mentioned in other threads I will only be give her 250 ppm's of cal-mag, with a couple drops of silica before the cal-mag, with Rapid Root finished off with some Hydro-Guard. After all of this the ppm's will still be 250.

Aces Gloden Tiger 11-26.jpg

Off to the races.
Aces Gloden Tiger 11-26a.jpg

This is what happen when I was gone for a couple days during Thanksgiving.
Aces Gloden Tiger 12-01.jpg

She is deep into the basket to eliminate some of the initial stretch.

I will only be using one 2"x4" air stone at this stage and until I determine sex.
Ace golden tiger 1208.jpg

Aces Gloden Tiger 12-03.jpg

Aces Gloden Tiger 12-10.jpg

@Verbalist here's the start.

This is a Ace Seeds Golden Tiger (reg) so we will see how good I am picking a female out of the males.

In Golden Tiger we have combined different extremely potent and resinous sativas from Malawi and Thailand.

The outcome is a 100 % sativa hybrid with great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional flowering traits. The flowers overflow, forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are huge, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

This current version of Golden Tiger has stronger Thai influence, is better yielding and has more refined aromas than the previous one.

Concretely, Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and a 3rd generation Malawi male (brother of New Malawi Killer).

Golden Tiger is an excellent alternative to the Haze sativas. It will fascinate the most demanding growers, looking for new genuine sativa experiences of the highest order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TipoF3 SEMI STABILIZED HYBRID
FormatStandard
Sativa / Indica ratio100 % sativa
THC25-30 %
CBDUp to 0.5 %
CBGUp to 1.1 %
Flowering indoors10-14 weeks
Flowering outdoorsEnd of October / November
YieldHigh
Resistance against spider mitesAverage
Resistance against powder mildewAverage
Resistance against botrytisVery high
Resistance against white flyAverage-High
Resistance against coldAverage-High
Resistance against heatHigh
Latitude0º-43º
GeneticsOld Malawi Killer, Koh Chang Thai, Hmong Thai and a 3er generation Malawi male (brother of the New Malawi Killer).
StructureVery branchy and elegant sativa of thin leaves and medium-long node length.
BouquetFloral, spicy and lemony Thai aromas, with the organic and resinous Malawi background.
HighExtreme effect of psychedelic sativa: dense, stimulant and very long lasting. It may be devastating for beginners. Recommended only for the harder and most experienced sativa users.
Terpene profileComplex and rich terpene profile. It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high amounts of beta myrcene, followed by limonene, linalool, ocimene, isopulegol, alpha and beta pinene, camphene and terpinolene in smaller quantities. Sesquiterpenes: Mainly nerolidol 2, followed by beta caryophyllene and only traces of nerolidol 1 and humelene.
Growing TipsIt can be grown indoors with strong light intensity and with enough space for its development. We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering.

Very suitable for SOG crops due to its great yield in the main cola, or for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Outdoors, it is especially suitable for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates, although it can be cultivated with very good results in warm coastal climates of mild autumn (similar to the Mediterranean) up to latitudes close to 43º.

We recommend low/moderate levels of nutrients (especially of nitrogen) for the whole cycle, and slightly higher amounts of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

I have about 3 or 4 weeks for my current grow to finish and if (she) a she to be place into flower around day 25 to 30 of about a week or so before the others finish. Sativa are fun to scrog, but you have to pay close attention to get maximum yield. I am going for over a 24 oz. from one plant. My last was just over 18 oz. Time will tell.
Hey Toke hope you are having a good day.
Interesting info my friend.
Mind if I take a seat.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

love me a sativa, indeed. karma sent to the wee one,,

i just harvested a hundred and three day mama thai,, possibly or even probably the finest plant i have yet grown. in for the long haul for sure

i also have two golden tiger/pineapple chunk crosses in the wee one stage right now,, and three mama thai/thai stick crosses in the youngun stage awaiting sexing,, a week or two away from that

might i suggest close attention to feeding 'less' nutes than normal and even less as buds mature

might i also suggest a lower than the commonly suggested ph,, go to 5.5 . the ph drifts up fairly quickly and this allows more nute uptake. i do hempy, so similar. lowering my ph completely eliminated a early leaf loss problem i was having forever.

would be nice if the light was enuf to make a great sativa,,ha

more karma sent friend,,

Thanks for stopping by all.
Wow! That strain sounds crazy! May be devastating for beginners?? I read that like 3 times..
Haven't had Golden Tiger in years and have about 30 or so regular seeds; so hopefully she a she. :rofl:

Mind if I take a seat.:popcorn:
Anytime Bill, your always welcome. :passitleft:

If you don't mind I will take a seat as well. Viperspectra and DWC first caught my attention. Doing a 100% sativa under lights is on the bucket list, but 14 weeks is a huge commitment and would limit me to one grow per season (winter for me). This sure looks interesting.:lot-o-toke:
It's been awhile since I did a 100% sativa; give me sometime and watch me put her under the net. Pretty sight in late flower. :headbanger: :theband: :cheesygrinsmiley: :passitleft:

i just harvested a hundred and three day mama thai,, possibly or even probably the finest plant i have yet grown. in for the long haul for sure
Whether it's a 100% landrace sativa or a mix of 100% sativa it's always a fun journey. I am looking at late April, early May on this one, if it's a female.

I noticed some of your posts about landrace genetics I think Thai in specific, nice work. I have other landrace strains from Aces and a couple other seed companies, but I think Aces has the most.

Tok I am definitely in! Can't wait to follow along on this grow.

Thanks for stopping by @LKABudMan and @Growings

I haven't grown Golden Tiger strain before, but sativa are always interesting. I believe she will fill the net nicely, if it is in fact a female (we will soon see).
If I haven't mentioned it this is a regular seed. @Growings these seeds are from a friend of mine in the UK; and I am some what excited to grow her. I would say about a 1/3 of my seeds are from private growers; and made myself. Many of the ones I have from the UK can have some very unusual crosses. Someday I will get around to growing more of these seeds.

Again, thanks for stopping.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,

Tok..

You made it @Verbalist the shows about to begin.

Not a whole of progress currently. Did a solution change today and noticed a nice tap root, so things should start picking up. Since, this is a regular seed it will be a couple more weeks before I know if I picked right.

Mixed up about 2 1/2 galloons of RO water for solution. All measurement are total (ml) not per gallon.

Solution change consisted of 250 ppm's of cal-magic.

Started with about 5 ml of silica stir real well waited about 15 minutes and stirred again. If you don't stir silica well you will see it in a sloid form; little white particles in the water.

After about 30 minutes I added 240 ml of cal-magic (approx. 8ml) stirred real well and waited to stir again. Tested ppm's before adding anything else. Know what is in your solution. It is important to ensure each addition added to the water must be stabilize before adding anything else.

Once you have the desired ppm's you can add, about 3 ml of Rapid Roots stir well, and last 5 ml of Hydro-Guard. Finale ppm's should be 250 or a little less. I always take reading from the bottom of the solution.

Ph'd water to 5.8 (do not play with ph haphazardly, adjust your ph to 5.8) and adjusted water temp to 68 degrees or 20c.

Notes: For solution only.
1. Shake all bottles vigorously to mix nutrients.
2. It is important to ensure each addition, added to the water must be stabilize before adding anything else.
3. All measurement are total (ml); not per gallon or liter in this journal.

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-14.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-14a.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-15.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-17.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-17a.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-17b.jpg

This is how I warm the solution if it is only a couple degrees.
Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-17c.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-17d.jpg

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,

Tok..

If you don't stir silica well your we see it in a sloid form; little white particles in the water.
Yeah seen that quite often. GHE’s silica is in powder form and if its not stirred enough eventually it goes to the bottom of the res and makes clayey surface.
Only liquid silica Ive got is very concentrated (about 0.2ml/10L) so havent had problems with that.

I suppose it's that time again.

I changes to solution the other day and she is still on nothing but 250 ppm of cal-mag, 5 ml of silica, 3 1/2 ml of Rapid Root, and finished with 5 ml of Hydro-guard. In about another week, or so I will start feeling her; she will let me know.

If you noticed an onset of calcium deficiency, I find this normal; even though her diet consist of cal-mag, just not enough calcium.

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-27.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-27a.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-28.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-28a.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-28b.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-29.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-29a.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-29c.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-30.jpg

Viparspectra XS-2000 The Light Above- Golden Tiger 12-30a.jpg

That's all folk's.

Tok..

very nice growth for the last 10 days or so,,

a big fat leafed sativa dominant,, i wonder if the leaves will skinny up a bit,, i bet they don't,,

beautiful colour, indeed,, and narry a flaw anywhere,,

karma sent friend

Back
Top Bottom