Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Golden Tiger
Day 90 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The plants are looking good and the flowers continue to grow.

Since I can't do much in regards to harvesting the Malawi Killer pheno before the others because of it's position in the tray and screen.:hmmmm: I am reducing the lights power output in increments between now, and the expected 30 day from now, harvest.:) The first reduction was just made.:) A little compromise since I can't do much about the reservoir yet.:hmmmm: I plan on a ten day straight water starting at Day 110.:bong:

GT Day 90 flower (1)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 90 flower.

GT Day 90 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 90 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 90 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 90 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 90 flower. Group of Malawi Killer pheno stalks.:cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 90 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 90 flower. Back left corner. Camera wants to focus on the screen.:rolleyes:

GT Day 90 flower (5)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 90 flower. Another MK pheno stalk. I think the pheno just looks better. :rolleyes::hmmmm:

I've heard that they're infamously hard to grow, and have a really long flowering period. It looks like you're knocking'em out the park.
It's been a struggle.:rolleyes: I can get four grows done in a season.:) I have to take a break in the dead of winter.:nomo:
I have two separate rooms with a closure between them, that is closed when they are on different light schedules.
I plan my long flowering strains for the 2nd grow so I'm not waiting to get another group in the tray. They can take as long as they want.😎:bong:

Yes, but a mix of only that.
Here's what ACE has to say,
"Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and the 3rd generation New Malawi Killer."

Dubi from ACE mentioned that I have two Thai phenos. (plant on front and right) and a Malawi Killer pheno on the left.

These have been a challenge. :rolleyes: They don't like the nutrients in normal amounts at all.:oops:
Those sensitive long flowering Sativas are really low feeders at 0.6-0.8 EC max. That's probably half of low recommendations on the bottles. My Kali Mist complained on anything over 1.8 EC runoff while I could easily have 3.0 EC runoff with Skywalker OG without any deficiencies or toxicities.

They are gonna be really nice smoke I believe, really well grown Golden Tiger is hard for novice smokers to handle.

Cheers!

I've heard that they're infamously hard to grow, and have a really long flowering period. It looks like you're knocking'em out the park.
They are pretty tricky but with a little love 💕 n patience they are definitely worth the long time flowering. They also yield a 💩 load of primo weed. CL🍀

Those sensitive long flowering Sativas are really low feeders at 0.6-0.8 EC max. That's probably half of low recommendations on the bottles. My Kali Mist complained on anything over 1.8 EC runoff while I could easily have 3.0 EC runoff with Skywalker OG without any deficiencies or toxicities.

They are gonna be really nice smoke I believe, really well grown Golden Tiger is hard for novice smokers to handle.

Cheers!
Hardest hitting weed I ever smoked and it will only be getting better. CL🍀

Cheers!
Yeah, I found out the hard way, like I do most things. :rolleyes: I thought I could get by with just reducing nitrogen.:rolleyes: Nope. :rolleyes: They were most happy with 50% of GH recommended amounts for their growth stage. :)

They are pretty tricky but with a little love 💕 n patience they are definitely worth the long time flowering. They also yield a 💩 load of primo weed. CL🍀
I think it's going to be a lot.:) I will try my hand at COB with these.:hmmmm: I'll use the Thai phenos, as the flowers look less dense and a better candidate for it.:hmmmm: Do they get harder when they're more ripe? :hmmmm:Capn.

I think it's going to be a lot.:) I will try my hand at COB with these.:hmmmm: I'll use the Thai phenos, as the flowers look less dense and a better candidate for it.:hmmmm: Do they get harder when they're more ripe? :hmmmm:Capn.
Mine stayed pretty airy n foxtailed. I often wondered if I should have used a lower Wattage. For the record it was 660W. CL🍀. :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine stayed pretty airy n foxtailed. I often wondered if I should have used a lower Wattage. For the record it was 660W. CL🍀. :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:
I have a feeling airy is going to be the nature of that pheno. :) It should make good smoking joints when it hits good cure.:passitleft: I think the Panama green pheno makes great joints and the buds look similar.:hmmmm: And of course there's the COB.:cheesygrinsmiley: I'm glad I've had a trial run with the 5th Fuel D.OG.:) It may have been too dry,:hmmmm: time will tell. I'll do the Golden Tiger when it's still pretty wet.:bong:

I have a feeling airy is going to be the nature of that pheno. :) It should make good smoking joints when it hits good cure.:passitleft: I think the Panama green pheno makes great joints and the buds look similar.:hmmmm: And of course there's the COB.:cheesygrinsmiley: I'm glad I've had a trial run with the 5th Fuel D.OG.:) It may have been too dry,:hmmmm: time will tell. I'll do the Golden Tiger when it's still pretty wet.:bong:
You should dry a little sample bud just to get a better idea of how it’s going to be. CL🍀

You should dry a little sample bud just to get a better idea of how it’s going to be. CL🍀
I might reach in and get one of the Malawi Killer pheno stalks that Dubi said was all but done and ready for water. :hmmmm: 😎 I can't take it off the nutes, but I can get one on it's way to drying a bit earlier.:cheesygrinsmiley::love:

I might reach in and get one of the Malawi Killer pheno stalks that Dubi said was all but done and ready for water. :hmmmm: 😎 I can't take it off the nutes, but I can get one on it's way to drying a bit earlier.:cheesygrinsmiley::love:
I’m really curious about your thoughts 💭 on this one. I’m a daily smoker. Wake n bake mostly but when I can do more. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m really curious about your thoughts 💭 on this one. I’m a daily smoker. Wake n bake mostly but when I can do more. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Me too Capn, Some of the reading I've done leads me to think the Malawi was added to make it stronger as it's claimed to be one of the most psychedelic strains. The flowers of the Malawi pheno look prettier to me than the airy flowers.

I put out some feelers asking for recommendations for an ACE strain. I'm hoping for a medium sized strain that's a good yielder. I would really like to grow one of the old Indica strains that leans more towards the hash taste as opposed to fruity or candy.

Me too Capn, Some of the reading I've done leads me to think the Malawi was added to make it stronger as it's claimed to be one of the most psychedelic strains. The flowers of the Malawi pheno look prettier to me than the airy flowers.

I put out some feelers asking for recommendations for an ACE strain. I'm hoping for a medium sized strain that's a good yielder. I would really like to grow one of the old Indica strains that leans more towards the hash taste as opposed to fruity or candy.
Ask Dubi to recommend one for you as I’m sure he will. CL🍀

Golden Tiger
Day 91 since flip.

The grow room is running normally.:)

The plants continue to build flower. :)

The grow area is becoming more fragrant.:cheesygrinsmiley: I think the culprit is the Colombian Gold next door not the GT.:hmmmm: The CG is advertised as being a real stinker and is just now really kicking out the new flowers.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:
I found a Malawi Killer phenotype bud that I could reach and that was being mostly blocked by a larger bud. Harvested for a tester.:cheesygrinsmiley: @CaptainLucky Just have to let it dry out for week or so. I didn't want to cut one of the fat colas yet.:hmmmm::passitleft:

GT Day 91 flower (1)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 91 flower.

GT Day 91 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 91 flower. MK pheno tester bud.

GT Day 91 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (7) MK closeup.JPG
Golden Tiger, Day 91 flower. MK pheno tester bud. Looks like a bug got stuck in the bud. I don't think it's gonna get a chance to fossilize.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 91 flower (7) trich closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 91 since flip.

The grow room is running normally.:)

The plants continue to build flower. :)

The grow area is becoming more fragrant.:cheesygrinsmiley: I think the culprit is the Colombian Gold next door not the GT.:hmmmm: The CG is advertised as being a real stinker and is just now really kicking out the new flowers.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:
I found a Malawi Killer phenotype bud that I could reach and that was being mostly blocked by a larger bud. Harvested for a tester.:cheesygrinsmiley: @CaptainLucky Just have to let it dry out for week or so. I didn't want to cut one of the fat colas yet.:hmmmm::passitleft:

GT Day 91 flower (1)2.JPG

GT Day 91 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 91 flower (7) MK closeup.JPG
Golden Tiger, Day 91 flower. MK pheno tester bud. Looks like a bug got stuck in the bud. I don't think it's gonna get a chance to fossilize.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 91 flower (7) trich closeup.JPG

This should be interesting cause I think 🤔 you prolly have more of tolerance than I do. Although I’m a daily smoker it’s mainly been my Chocolate Thai but occasionally I put a pinch of GT in the mix. CL🍀

This should be interesting cause I think 🤔 you prolly have more of tolerance than I do. Although I’m a daily smoker it’s mainly been my Chocolate Thai but occasionally I put a pinch of GT in the mix. CL🍀
I do consume a lot. :) Being retired lends itself to frequent bong pit stops.:hmmmm::bong: I start pretty early too.:rolleyes: My auto immune stuff in my digestive system also has an effect on how cannabis affects me.:)

Yeah he’s usually pretty helpful with anything pertaining to Ace seeds. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheer:
Yeah, I'm really thankful that we have ACE as a source. :) There's a lot of us that dream of growing the classic strains we spent years hearing about before the internet, and had little chance of ever seeing, much less growing and smoking.:):bong:

Back
Top Bottom