Golden Tiger, Day 77 flower.

GT Day 77 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 77 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 78 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The plants are continuing to build the flowers. I had to support one of the biggest buds that had lost it's hold on the 2nd screen.

GT Day 78 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 78 flower.

GT Day 78 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 78 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 78 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 78 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 78 flower. Right side.

GT Day 78 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 78 flower. Left side.

Golden Tiger
Day 79 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. :)

The plants seem to be putting most of their energy into building flower now.:) It's probably been that way for some time but it takes me a few days of observation to make up my mind.:hmmmm::rolleyes: I'm enjoying the increase in odor.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

GT Day 79 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 79 flower.

GT Day 79 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 79 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 79 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 79 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 79 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 79 flower. Compact pheno on the left and it's bud structure.

Golden Tiger
Day 80 since flip.

The flowers are continuing to build, and I think the plants are continuing to look better with the very much reduced nutrient load.:):bong:

GT Day 80 Flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 80 flower.

GT Day 80 Flower (6).JPG

GT Day 80 Flower (5).JPG

GT Day 80 Flower (4).JPG

GT Day 80 Flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 81 since flip.

The plants continue to grow very slowly and build flower. :) The buds are getting quite a bit larger, and have a less compact structure than the typical Indica or Hybrid. :hmmmm: We'll see if they get denser?:hmmmm: If the strain holds true to reputation, I still have 40 days to go. :oops: Nothing else going into the tray this year,😎 so they'll be ready when they're ready.:bong:

GT Day 81 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 81 flower.

GT Day 81 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 81 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 81 flower (2).JPG

HLG 600R GT grow 2023.JPG

The rare view above the light. HLG 600R-600watt dimmable, The whole red area is a aluminum heat sink and is pretty heavy. Weight about 25lbs/11.3kg. I have safety chains installed in addition to the typical pulley lighting hangers. Just in case. 25lbs of light wouldn't do the canopy any good if it fell. :oops:

Golden Tiger
Day 82 since flip.

The plants continue to build flower and continue to improve in the way the new growth looks.:) Some of the stalks have required support from the top screen as their weight is overcoming their desire to reach for the light. :oops: Touching the stalks to tie them, leaves my hands rather sticky and releases a lot of GT flower smell into the immediate vicinity.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

GT Day 82 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 82 flower.

GT Day 82 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 82 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 82 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 82 flower. Mostly short compact pheno on the left.

GT Day 82 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 82 flower (7).JPG
Golden Tiger, Day 82 flower. Phenotype on left showing different bud structure.

GT Day 82 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 82 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 83 since flip.

The plants continue to improve in appearance.:) Maybe the new flower growth.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:
They drink enough that the reservoir is topped up on each of the bi daily checks,:) but it hasn't dropped the way it does growing some faster finishing strains.:hmmmm: The PH stays fairly stable with no great drops in PH. :hmmmm: The Colombian Gold next door requires more PH up during after top up checks. :hmmmm:

GT Day 83 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 83 flower.

GT Day 83 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 83 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 83 flower (6).JPG
Golden Tiger, Day 83 flower. At least the front buds are in focus.:rolleyes:

GT Day 83 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 83 flower. Short compact pheno stalk in the back. It's hard to stretch that far to get these back of the grow pics.:rolleyes:

GT Day 83 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 84 since flip.

The plants continue to improve in their outward appearance.:) The flowers have continued to build throughout, even when the leaves were showing nute burn.:) Reservoir will be changed tomorrow and it will be a repeat of the last one. :hmmmm: 50% of GH recommended amounts of 3 part liquid nutes for 17 gallons in Mid Bloom.

GT Day 84 flower  (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 84 flower.

GT Day 84 flower  (2).JPG

GT Day 84 flower  (3).JPG

GT Day 84 flower  (5).JPG

GT Day 84 flower  (4).JPG

GT Day 84 flower  (6)2.JPG

GT Day 84 flower  (7).JPG

So
you have a screen 7” and another 15” above the first screen
And you’ve flowered so far for 84 days
that is amazing, especially for a Golden Tiger
i’ve been hesitant, because of my space limitations, to try GT or Malawi, but if you‘ve kept it under 3ft ~ish, I might have a chance.
appreciate the work and the journal
Thank you.
👍

So
you have a screen 7” and another 15” above the first screen
And you’ve flowered so far for 84 days
that is amazing, especially for a Golden Tiger
i’ve been hesitant, because of my space limitations, to try GT or Malawi, but if you‘ve kept it under 3ft ~ish, I might have a chance.
appreciate the work and the journal
Thank you.
👍
Thanks. :) Yes those are the screen distances. I flipped after 14 days from sprout to a 11/13 light schedule and tied branches down to the 1st screen as long as possible before letting them go vertical.:) Two plants seem to be more Malawi leaning, tall and lanky.:) The other plant/pheno is more compact and has stayed below the 2nd screen.:hmmmm:
They may not be too tall, but the stalks are mostly flower from the 1st screen to the spear tips. Most strains foliage keeps the light from getting too deep into the grow when running a scrog and there's not much flower down below. :hmmmm:
It took around twenty days from flip to start showing flower. :hmmmm: So you are seeing them 84 days from flip.:)

Golden Tiger
Day 85 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.:)

Reservoir change this morning. Repeated the last reservoir. Used half/50% of General Hydroponics recommended amounts of three part liquid nutrients for 17 gallons in Mid Bloom. PHed to 5.8-6.2.

The plants new growth continues to make the overall look better.:) The flowers continue to build.:bong:

GT Day 85 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 85 flower.

GT Day 85 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 85 flower (3)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 85 flower. With flash.

GT Day 85 flower (4)2.JPG

GT Day 85 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 85 flower. Short compact pheno on the left.

GT Day 85 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 85 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 85 flower (7)2.JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 86 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. :) I say this to lead off the post, meaning the equipment in the grow, is running as expected with no malfunctions.:)

The flowers continue to build. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:

GT Day  flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 86 flower.

GT Day  flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 86 flower. left

GT Day  flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 86 flower. center

GT Day  flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 86 flower. right

GT Day  flower (5).JPG

GT Day  flower (6).JPG

GT Day  flower (8)2.JPG

Golden Tiger Day 86 flower. Flowers from the left more compact pheno.

GT Day  flower (9).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 86 flower. Close up of middle of the stalk flower on tall pheno.

Golden Tiger
Day 87 since flip.

The plants continue to build flower all along their length.:cheer: There may not be much above the screen but it's all flower below.:cheesygrinsmiley: With over a month to go.:hmmmm::bong:

GT Day 87 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 87 flower.

GT Day 87 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 87 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 87 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 87 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 87 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 87 flower. Tall pheno colas from the plant on the right.:cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 87 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 87 flower. Short compact pheno cola on the left. All stalks under the 2nd screen.:oops:

Golden Tiger
Day 88 since flip.

When I enter the grow area, first thing in the morning, for one of the bi-daily checks, I smell fermented grains,:cheesygrinsmiley: so I do believe the room is pretty saturated with CO2.:cheesygrinsmiley: The Colombian Gold next door just gets first dibs at the gas as the fan blows it across its canopy.:) I imagine the gas as dust particles floating in sunlight.:hmmmm: I know it's heavier than the atmosphere but imagine those same dust particles being hit with fans from two directions,:cheer: they wouldn't exactly stay static.:) So I'm betting the CO2 in my grow area is being blasted all over the room.:cheesygrinsmiley: Dust particles are heavier than CO2 molecules.😎:bong:

Note the last picture. It's a 11 bladed leaf,:oops: residing under the 1st screen in the back left corner under the short compact pheno.:hmmmm::) Enough light is getting through in back, for that leaf to be perfectly healthy with good color, 88 days from flip. :oops: :bong:

GT Day 88 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 88 flower.

GT Day 88 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 88 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 88 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 88 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 88 flower. Tall pheno stalk running along the 2nd screen.

GT Day 88 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 88 flower. Tall pheno flower close up.

GT Day 88 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 88 flower. 11 bladed fan living under the 1st screen back left. Short compact pheno.

Golden Tiger
Day 89 since flip.

The plants continue to build flower and I'm getting some noticeable vertical growth on the tall phenos too.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:

I have heard from Dubi at ACE seeds. :) Initial correspondence was over the nute burn issue, and now I have expert opinion on my phenos. :)
The tall, initially wide node spaced phenos in the front and on the right are Thai leaning.:) The short compact pheno on the left has been called a "Killer Malawi" pheno by the man himself. :oops:
I couldn't have been more wrong in my opinions before.:rolleyes: I thought the short one was more Thai and the two tall ones were Malawi. :rolleyes:

GT Day 89 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower.

GT Day 89 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Thai phenos on right and front.

GT Day 89 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Killer Malawi pheno on left under 2nd screen. stalks in front are from front Thai pheno.

GT Day 89 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Looking under the screen center, Thai phenos.

GT Day 89 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (8).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Killer Malawi phenotype, fat and laying down in the back left corner.

GT Day 89 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Killer Malawi phenotype stalk. Pretty bud.

Golden Tiger
Day 89 since flip.

The plants continue to build flower and I'm getting some noticeable vertical growth on the tall phenos too.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:

I have heard from Dubi at ACE seeds. :) Initial correspondence was over the nute burn issue, and now I have expert opinion on my phenos. :)
The tall, initially wide node spaced phenos in the front and on the right are Thai leaning.:) The short compact pheno on the left has been called a "Killer Malawi" pheno by the man himself. :oops:
I couldn't have been more wrong in my opinions before.:rolleyes: I thought the short one was more Thai and the two tall ones were Malawi. :rolleyes:

GT Day 89 flower (1).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Killer Malawi pheno on left under 2nd screen. stalks in front are from front Thai pheno.

GT Day 89 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (8).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 89 flower. Killer Malawi phenotype, fat and laying down in the back left corner.

GT Day 89 flower (6).JPG

WoW, that looks wicked! Now those are land race sativa's right? Someday I want to try to grow some of those plants.

Golden Tiger
Day 89 since flip.

GT Day 89 flower (1).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (8).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 89 flower (6).JPG

Did he say anything about the ec? Looking really nice now and stacking up great 👍. CL🍀

WoW, that looks wicked! Now those are land race sativa's right? Someday I want to try to grow some of those plants.
Yes, but a mix of only that.
Here's what ACE has to say,
"Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and the 3rd generation New Malawi Killer."

Dubi from ACE mentioned that I have two Thai phenos. (plant on front and right) and a Malawi Killer pheno on the left.

These have been a challenge. :rolleyes: They don't like the nutrients in normal amounts at all.:oops:

Did he say anything about the ec? Looking really nice now and stacking up great 👍. CL🍀
Oh yeah he mentioned it.:) I really can't do much about that as I don't have sensors that measure it.:cheesygrinsmiley: I have a chart that was created from General Hydroponics 3 part nutrient calculator for 17 gallons in recirculation, in hard water. I make a reservoir, I top it up twice a day, and change it, either every week or every 10 days depending on the plants.:) I have absolutely no idea what the EC is.:bong: GH gives an expected number with their calculator but it don't mean much to my method. 😎
My GT successful reservoirs have been the half strength ones keeping the charts proportions, just half the amounts.:)

Yes, but a mix of only that.
Here's what ACE has to say,
"Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and the 3rd generation New Malawi Killer."

Dubi from ACE mentioned that I have two Thai phenos. (plant on front and right) and a Malawi Killer pheno on the left.

These have been a challenge. :rolleyes: They don't like the nutrients in normal amounts at all.:oops:
I've heard that they're infamously hard to grow, and have a really long flowering period. It looks like you're knocking'em out the park.

Back
Top Bottom