Perpetual CO2 Grow

SinSemillaWhisperer420

(3 plants) In 2-3, (1plant) in week 6-7, and (1 plant) week 8

AB8CFD43-2CCB-4E9B-ADB0-F336E5297C48.jpeg

873A03CB-5E72-4690-B567-B266835EE485.jpeg

A995F984-53D6-4371-8D18-9121B14451D1.jpeg

E0DA8349-FD07-47DC-85C4-7C60C9B91EB5.jpeg

7785C101-8D23-40BB-8C21-830C89371FF2.jpeg

What level of CO2 are you running? How much light is the garden receiving? And what lights-on temperature do you maintain?

1200 ppm at the controller with 1 vipar spectra p4000, 2 phlizon 1000 watt linear against the walls, 1 philizon 2000 watt pl series. 3 ufo style 660 nvm deep red supplementals, and a California lightworks uvb supplemental finishing light (for the plant finishing last 2 weeks, it only goes on 30 min in the am and 30 min in the pm. So 8000+ watt output in a 3x5 area

Not 8,000 watts (or anywhere near it). That would require five 15-amp circuits, BtW.

The Vipar Spectra is 400 watts, the two Philzon 1000's appear to be 100 watts each, the PL-2000 is a 200-watt device... and I stopped counting at that point. You might have an adequate amount of light in there, but are you sure you need CO2 supplementation?

It’s making a big difference from my previous grow with the same genetics. It’s also a learning experience. This is only my second grow butto correct u I said output your number is at the wall. Of course I’m not running 8000+ at the wall smh

It's just marketing speak, which is a polite term for lies. If you're new at indoor gardening, you probably missed seeing CFL bulbs start getting used for it. Most people knew better, but occasionally a newbie would happen to read something like "50 watts of HID light per square foot is recommended as a minimum for the flowering phase," then read on a box of 23-watt CFL bulbs that they were the equivalent of a 100-watt light bulb and, well...

Now, some manufacturers/sellers kind of do the same thing. It's one thing to use a largish number in a product name. Mars Hydro, for example, does that - they have a product called TS-1000. But they state pretty clearly that it's a 150-watt (IIRC) device. With some other manufacturers, however, it can be a bit of a task to find out such information. It might be buried way down the advertisement page. It might not even be expressly stated at all. They might even go so far as to lie ("our 1000w LED' (which is actually a 150-, 200-, 250-watt, etc. device) ). In any other industry, there'd be huge lawsuits. Imagine buying a new car that was advertised as having a 550-horsepower engine, taking it to a dyno, and discovering that the engine in it was only producing 235 (net) horsepower. "But with the 12-spd transmission, it performs as well as a car with 550 horsepower" would have the judge laughing as he ruled against the company. IDK, I guess when the company is located in China and selling stuff to people who aren't, it can get away with things like that.

In general, it probably doesn't cause much harm IF the consumer isn't buying a pig in a poke knows what he/she is actually buying. But it's best to use actual wattage when mentioning such things. Imagine trying to help someone solve a plant issue, when the cause of that issue is insufficient light(-energy), but being led to believe that the garden has more than enough light in it. Or trying to help someone set up their garden, wanting to not recommend a more complicated setup than they actually need, but - remembering the "don't load an electrical circuit to more than 80% capacity" rule - ending up telling someone that they need to have an electrician in to install another circuit (or two) when they actuality don't need it.

I'm probably past discussion and well into rant by now, though, so I'll stop. But when mentioning one's lighting, it's probably best to list both brand/model and actual wattage. If that cannot be found, there should at least be a sticker or tag stating the device's amperage at whatever voltage it runs at, and those two numbers can be multiplied together, e.g., 6.5A @ 120V equals 780 watts (although the amperage may have been rounded off, so consider the wattage calculated this way to be approximate). Knowing the actual wattages of your electrical devices can also help you ensure that you're not potentially overloading your electrical system (be sure to also count things that might be plugged into different outlets on the same circuit). Er... ranting again ;) .

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing: Your plants look nice. Good luck with your garden!

Back
Top Bottom