A Little Old A Little New

Costanza

This will be my 5th or 6th photo journal and the 2nd time growing from regular photo seed. I'm doing a little from the past and a little from the present and will be growing out 4 female seeds and 11 regular seeds. The fems will be exotic genetix gary Poppins, lemon drip, and blackout bobby along with dragons flame genetics Macdragon bx1 all newer strains released in the past couple years.

For the regs I've decided to go with 2 of the older exotic genetix strains chocolate marshmallow and hazelnut cream for the newer strains and for older stuff I have 2 wolfman haze which is 95 silver haze x Lieu hanh and Sawa IBL which is 78 OG La Affie x sour best shit ever. Both of these strains are from a breeder called hyp3rid, he breeds for effect and doesn't get caught up with bag appeal like a lot of the newer breeders and I have a Lambsbread x La Affie in my tent rigit now at week 9 that looks gorgeous and has an old school og gas smell to her so it convinced me to grow out more of his strains. Here the girls are at around day 10 after popping soil. Changed up my nutrient routine on this one, gonna be going with cropsalt nutrients along with powersi, and a microbe mix ox recharge, tribus, kelp and molasses on half of them and on the other half I'm gonna run sterile and use .01 ml bleach per gallon once a week and cropsalt run clean to compare the two and see if I get better results sterile or with microbes
20230508_102747.jpg
16835671814617446167157813317460.jpg

Nice comparison Costanza! That genetics group sounds fun!
Thanks it's more seeds than I'm comfortable growing that was the goal to try and grow as many as I could fit in a 4x4 and a 3x3. Planning for 9 in the 4x4 and 3 to 6 in the 3x3 so I'm gonna have to flip these plants a little earlier than I normally do

Looks like a nice grow with a lot of different strains.
Thanks I wanted some sativas in the mix, I've always stayed away from them due to the longer flowering time. On the next run I'm debating on getting some legit Colombian gold seeds that a favorite breeder of mine currently has, it's a cross of the 1970 Colombian with a 1980s Colombian

Thanks I wanted some sativas in the mix, I've always stayed away from them due to the longer flowering time. On the next run I'm debating on getting some legit Colombian gold seeds that a favorite breeder of mine currently has, it's a cross of the 1970 Colombian with a 1980s Colombian
My grow last year was sativa and I let it go late into Oct. You would think I learned but no I have sativa growing again this year.

My grow last year was sativa and I let it go late into Oct. You would think I learned but no I have sativa growing again this year.
There is a major lack of older sativa genetic on the market, all these newer breeders are doing is chasing the newest hype cookies strains and poly hybrids. As ive gotten more experienced as a grower ive stopped buying a lot of the newer stuff that looks great in the bag smells great but has the same effect as all the others, I wanted to get back to some more cognitive effects like the spacey sativa highs I used to get back in the 90s

There is a major lack of older sativa genetic on the market, all these newer breeders are doing is chasing the newest hype cookies strains and poly hybrids. As ive gotten more experienced as a grower ive stopped buying a lot of the newer stuff that looks great in the bag smells great but has the same effect as all the others, I wanted to get back to some more cognitive effects like the spacey sativa highs I used to get back in the 90s
Job well done, I have Sour Deisel growing now it is nothing new been around for a while and everyone is selling it.

Job well done, I have Sour Deisel growing now it is nothing new been around for a while and everyone is selling it.
That strain is in my top 3. I used to get some really fantastic sour d back in the late 90s

That strain is in my top 3. I used to get some really fantastic sour d back in the late 90s
I will be harvesting into October again. I hope they can handle it. My family grows late in the fall, or should I say winter and he has had snow on his plants, and they still produced.

Day 14 in the 4x4
Sent out leaf samples today so should have sex results back this weekend then I can transplant them. I'm really liking these new nutrients so far. If anyone is looking to try a new fertilizer brand I highly recommend crop salt, it took me almost 3 years to find my nutrient and this is the one. The biggest difference between this stuff and the others on the market is that this fertilizer has 2 sources or calcium. Most companies just use calcium nitrate as their calcium source and as calcium goes up nitrogen goes up as well decrease nitrogen and you deal with calcium deficiencies, this company seems to have solved that problem but we will see in the end results. I'm gonna be running sterile on this run so no microbes or organics, will also be using. 02 ml of a product called runclean that prevents scaling and buildup in the medium I'm hoping this helps my issues when I get to week 3 of flower and the root zone starts stacking thats always when I screw up so hoping this resolves that issue

20230515_184717.jpg

20230515_184713.jpg

20230515_184708.jpg

20230515_184705.jpg

20230515_184702.jpg

20230515_184654.jpg

20230515_184638.jpg

Man that's easy! Congratulations Constanza! Over and over! :party:
yeah its the easiest method, it sucks that it costs as much as it does but I am trying to look at time and effort and equate it to money and for 130 bucks to sex 11 plants its not too horrible. That way I can flip these plants earlier and get them to fit in the tents.

Ok so here is the final lineup after sexing. 1 each of Blackout Bobby (Gelato x Rainbow Chip), Lemon Drip (Lemon tree x grease monkey), Gary Poppins ( Gary Payton x Red Runts), Mac dragon bx1 ( Mac dragon #7 x Orange Dreams), Hazelnut Cream ( Miami Haze x Cookies n Cream), and Wolfman Haze ( 95 Silver Haze x Lieu Hanh) . Then I have 2 Chocolate marshmallow ( GG4 x Mint Chocolate Chip), and 3 Sawa IBL (Lemon Thai X [Lime1 BX x SBSE]).
I might light them go for a few weeks in the 4x4 and see which two look like they're gonna grow shorter and put those 2 in the shorter 3x3 tent, on the last run I had a sativa in that tent and it was running out of room quickly so I'm gonna make sure those haze varieties go in the tall 4x4 to be on the safe side

Transplanted all 11 into 1 gal fabric pots.
Gave some plain ph water with .02ml per gallon of Runclean
I was cheap and instead of buying another bag of promix for 60 bucks I recycled the soil from the last grow pots, so I wanted to make sure I used the runclean the first couple waterings to try and eliminate any salt buildup in the peat. I should be ok I purposely flushed with ph water the last week of flower for this reason only so I could be cheap and reuse my soil. I forgot to add the Dynomyco and didn't realize it until after I transplanted all 11, but I added enough to the solo cups when I planted these that I think I will be ok. Gonna let these go for a week then top once then let them grow for 10 days then flip to flower. so its looking like the flip will happen around June 4th

1684594969223.png

yeah its the easiest method, it sucks that it costs as much as it does but I am trying to look at time and effort and equate it to money and for 130 bucks to sex 11 plants its not too horrible. That way I can flip these plants earlier and get them to fit in the tents.
I see it on line for 15 a leaf but my local lab wants 50 bucks each! That's robbery! You have a reasonable lab!

Nice setup! Neat as a pin!

I see it on line for 15 a leaf but my local lab wants 50 bucks each! That's robbery! You have a reasonable lab!

Nice setup! Neat as a pin!
they actually give a decent discount if you buy multiple tests, I got 11 for 130.
The company is called Farmer Freeman, the best part is it takes less than a week. I received the envelopes on Monday, and sent the leaf samples the next day they arrived by Thursday and I had my results by Friday afternoon. Sure as hell beats growing them out for 6 weeks before they show signs, and the last batch I had 2 plants were slow to show sex signs so I figured I would save some time on this run

they actually give a decent discount if you buy multiple tests, I got 11 for 130.
The company is called Farmer Freeman, the best part is it takes less than a week. I received the envelopes on Monday, and sent the leaf samples the next day they arrived by Thursday and I had my results by Friday afternoon. Sure as hell beats growing them out for 6 weeks before they show signs, and the last batch I had 2 plants were slow to show sex signs so I figured I would save some time on this run
You'd spend half that on lighting and nutes and have wasted the time! Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom