Blueberry In Hydro By Gwhunran In 2023

I will be growing Blueberry feminized photoperiod seeds by Seedsman.

All are welcome. That being said, @Bill284 has mentioned the strain a few times since I've been on 420Magazine:rolleyes::cheesygrinsmiley:, I particularly enjoyed @Melville Hobbes grow with Blueberry.

A little information about the strain:
Blueberry is a mostly Indica variety from Seedsman and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days), outdoors and in the greenhouse. Seedsmans Blueberry is a THC dominant variety and is/was only available as feminized seeds.
Seedsmans Blueberry Description
Blueberry was originally created by Canadian DJ Short and dates back to the 1970s. It is a 3-way indica-dominant hybrid cross of an Afghani strain together with Thai and a Purple Thai. When grown in good conditions it can grow into a fairly large plant displaying a range of red, purple and blue colors and producing very good yields.

Unsurprisingly when fully-cured Blueberry has an incredibly fruity perfume along with the unmistakable sweet flavor of blueberry. The effect is a pot smokers dream - a very potent yet happy high which is very euphoric yet relaxing and enduring. Another quality of Blueberry is that, although taking a while to cure out, when correctly prepared and packaged it has a very long shelf-life compared with many strains available today.

THC CONTENT 19.5
YIELD 400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT up to 225 cm
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTH October
TASTE / FLAVOR Berry, Blueberry
EFFECT Long-lasting

I received the seeds as freebies over period of several years. I planted all six seeds on June 16th in rapid rooter cubes in a domed tray that was placed on top of a heat mat set to 75F. All six sprouted within 5 days and the dome was removed. They were just kept moist and a couple of days later they were transferred to 6" net pots using clay pebbles as an inert medium. They were then placed in a diy DWC using the nutrient concentration recommended by GH for three part liquid nutes for Seedlings/Clones. Hydroguard was added in the recommended amounts. The small reservoir was PHed to about 6.0-6.5. They were grown under
ViparSpectra XS1500pro led grow lights when being sprouted and in the diy DWC. The light has way more potential than what I'm using them for, but they fit the smaller tents well and can be turned/dimmed down just right for growing the little ones.
On June 27 the Fuel D.OG was harvested and that opened up the Flood and Drain hydro tray for the Blueberry(Day 6 veg), so after a grow area cleanup, re locating the upper hanging fan, and better centering the 600w led light, I had to choose four out of the six Blueberries and moved them into the flood and drain.

I will attempt to grow them spread out more than usual if they are as wide leafed as the ones I've seen growing. This will be very hard for me because I always end up growing them more densely than desired. :hmmmm: :rolleyes:
I'll veg them until it looks like time. Fill the space but let enough light penetrate down a little lower.

The business end of the flood and drain grow area is a 4'x4' (122cmx122cm) Scrog screen, mounted 7inches/18cm above the tray cover, a piece of flat pvc with four 6" holes for the net pots. I use a piece of fence for the screen. I have also added a 2nd screen to even the colas out and provide support if necessary. The vertical height of the 2nd screen is determined by four pieces of 3/4"pvc pipe. I will mount the 2nd screen 12"/30.5cm above the 1st screen for the Blueberry. The screens will be installed when needed.

The grow area has it's own AC and exhaust system controlled by an inkbird, to only come on if the AC malfunctions. I have a 2nd grow area that's also in use but still on a flowering light schedule(Acapulco Gold), that grow is currently getting the de-humidifier during lights out. During lights on, I can open the door between the grows and share it.

Everything is pretty well automated in that I use a lot of mechanical timers. I use them to turn the lights on and off. I use them to turn the reservoir pump on for 15 minutes every two hours during lights on and at least once during lights out. I don't even know if running it during lights out matters, but I've always done it and it doesn't seem to hurt.

Blueberry Day 5 since planting (1).JPG

Blueberry, Day 5 since seeds planted. All six spouted.

ViparSpectra1500pro.JPG

ViparSpectra XS1500pro The light used for sprouting and in the DIY DWC. More of a light than necessary, but it can be dimmed down just right.

Blueberry Day 7 veg.JPG

Six Blueberry plants in the DIY DWC in 6"/15cm net pots with inert clay pebbles. In a weak nutrient solution. Under a
ViparSpecta XS1500pro Again, overkill with the light but it can be dimmed down for the young plants.

old veg side after FDOG chop.JPG

The grow area being cleaned up. The fan was moved to the middle back up high. I probably gained 3"/8cm or more of light height maximum. I also slightly re-positioned the light for better centering.

old veg ready for Blueberry.JPG

Room has been set up and is ready for the Blueberry. Day 7 of Veg.

Blueberry Day 7 veg (4).JPG

Blueberry Day one in the tray, Day 7 veg.

Blueberry Day 7 veg (5).JPG

Blueberry, Day 7 veg.

Blueberry Day 11 veg (1).JPG

Today, Blueberry, Day 11 veg. I should have bumped up the nutes already but did so today. I will be slightly increasing the nute load every couple of days until Early Grow nute load is reached.[/USER]

Blueberry
Day 12 in veg.

The grow area is running normally.

I have made a couple of bumps to the reservoir nutrient load. I'm slowly approaching the recommended amounts for GH three part liquid nutrients in Early Growth for 17 gallons.

They are continuing to grow. No issues at the moment.

The first Scrog screen was installed today.

Blueberry Day 12 veg (1).JPG
Blueberry, Day 12 veg.

Blueberry Day 12 veg (3).JPG

Blueberry, Day 12 veg.

Thanks, I do believe the roots have hit that magical spot where foliage growth starts that hydro kick in. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Note added on edit. I forgot to take pictures of the Blueberry. :hmmmm::rolleyes: Maybe I was still stunned from all that light reflection from the Acapulco Gold trichomes.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Blueberry
Day 14 veg.

The grow area is running normally. I mention this everyday, to say that all the equipment is functioning correctly.

The Blueberry seems to be keeping their nodes close together so far.

The plants are growing nicely and have a good color. I have been adding nutrients in small bumps to go from GH recommended amounts for Seedlings to Early Growth, 17 gallons of reservoir. I have one more bump to go and will decide during the afternoon check whether to add the last one. I don't think it will matter but I don't want to injure them this early in their development.:bong:

Blueberry Day 14 veg (1).JPG

Blueberry, Day 14 veg. View of whole Blueberry grow area. From reservoir to high mounted fan. They are just starting to get enough roots to take off.

Blueberry Day 14 veg (2).JPG
Blueberry, Day 14 veg. A little closer look.

Blueberry Day 14 veg (3).JPG

Blueberry, Day 14 veg. I wish I'd gotten them all completely in the picture. :rolleyes:

Blueberry
Day 15 veg.

The grow area is running normally.

The little ones are progressing nicely. I made the final bump up on the GH three part liquid nutes into the 17 gallon reservoir to take the concentration level from Seedlings to Early Growth. I won't be in any hurry to change the reservoir as they don't drink much yet. As long as the PH doesn't start wild swings and things smell right, I'll let it ride for two weeks. There is also a half dose of Calmag+ and a little epsom salts added to each reservoir. The Calmag+ will be increased next change.

Blueberry Day 15 veg (1).JPG

Blueberry, Day 15 veg.

Blueberry Day 15 veg (2).JPG

Blueberry, Day 15 veg.

Blueberry Day 15 veg (3).JPG

Blueberry, Day 15 veg.

I will be growing Blueberry feminized photoperiod seeds by Seedsman.

All are welcome. That being said, @Bill284 has mentioned the strain a few times since I've been on 420Magazine:rolleyes::cheesygrinsmiley:, I particularly enjoyed @Melville Hobbes grow with Blueberry.

A little information about the strain:
Blueberry is a mostly Indica variety from Seedsman and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days), outdoors and in the greenhouse. Seedsmans Blueberry is a THC dominant variety and is/was only available as feminized seeds.
Seedsmans Blueberry Description
Blueberry was originally created by Canadian DJ Short and dates back to the 1970s. It is a 3-way indica-dominant hybrid cross of an Afghani strain together with Thai and a Purple Thai. When grown in good conditions it can grow into a fairly large plant displaying a range of red, purple and blue colors and producing very good yields.

Unsurprisingly when fully-cured Blueberry has an incredibly fruity perfume along with the unmistakable sweet flavor of blueberry. The effect is a pot smokers dream - a very potent yet happy high which is very euphoric yet relaxing and enduring. Another quality of Blueberry is that, although taking a while to cure out, when correctly prepared and packaged it has a very long shelf-life compared with many strains available today.

THC CONTENT 19.5
YIELD 400-600 gr/m2
PLANT HEIGHT up to 225 cm
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 8-9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTH October
TASTE / FLAVOR Berry, Blueberry
EFFECT Long-lasting

I received the seeds as freebies over period of several years. I planted all six seeds on June 16th in rapid rooter cubes in a domed tray that was placed on top of a heat mat set to 75F. All six sprouted within 5 days and the dome was removed. They were just kept moist and a couple of days later they were transferred to 6" net pots using clay pebbles as an inert medium. They were then placed in a diy DWC using the nutrient concentration recommended by GH for three part liquid nutes for Seedlings/Clones. Hydroguard was added in the recommended amounts. The small reservoir was PHed to about 6.0-6.5. They were grown under
ViparSpectra XS1500pro led grow lights when being sprouted and in the diy DWC. The light has way more potential than what I'm using them for, but they fit the smaller tents well and can be turned/dimmed down just right for growing the little ones.
On June 27 the Fuel D.OG was harvested and that opened up the Flood and Drain hydro tray for the Blueberry(Day 6 veg), so after a grow area cleanup, re locating the upper hanging fan, and better centering the 600w led light, I had to choose four out of the six Blueberries and moved them into the flood and drain.

I will attempt to grow them spread out more than usual if they are as wide leafed as the ones I've seen growing. This will be very hard for me because I always end up growing them more densely than desired. :hmmmm: :rolleyes:
I'll veg them until it looks like time. Fill the space but let enough light penetrate down a little lower.

The business end of the flood and drain grow area is a 4'x4' (122cmx122cm) Scrog screen, mounted 7inches/18cm above the tray cover, a piece of flat pvc with four 6" holes for the net pots. I use a piece of fence for the screen. I have also added a 2nd screen to even the colas out and provide support if necessary. The vertical height of the 2nd screen is determined by four pieces of 3/4"pvc pipe. I will mount the 2nd screen 12"/30.5cm above the 1st screen for the Blueberry. The screens will be installed when needed.

The grow area has it's own AC and exhaust system controlled by an inkbird, to only come on if the AC malfunctions. I have a 2nd grow area that's also in use but still on a flowering light schedule(Acapulco Gold), that grow is currently getting the de-humidifier during lights out. During lights on, I can open the door between the grows and share it.

Everything is pretty well automated in that I use a lot of mechanical timers. I use them to turn the lights on and off. I use them to turn the reservoir pump on for 15 minutes every two hours during lights on and at least once during lights out. I don't even know if running it during lights out matters, but I've always done it and it doesn't seem to hurt.

Blueberry Day 5 since planting (1).JPG

Blueberry, Day 5 since seeds planted. All six spouted.

ViparSpectra1500pro.JPG

ViparSpectra XS1500pro The light used for sprouting and in the DIY DWC. More of a light than necessary, but it can be dimmed down just right.

Blueberry Day 7 veg.JPG

Six Blueberry plants in the DIY DWC in 6"/15cm net pots with inert clay pebbles. In a weak nutrient solution. Under a
ViparSpecta XS1500pro Again, overkill with the light but it can be dimmed down for the young plants.

old veg side after FDOG chop.JPG

The grow area being cleaned up. The fan was moved to the middle back up high. I probably gained 3"/8cm or more of light height maximum. I also slightly re-positioned the light for better centering.

old veg ready for Blueberry.JPG

Room has been set up and is ready for the Blueberry. Day 7 of Veg.

Blueberry Day 7 veg (4).JPG

Blueberry Day one in the tray, Day 7 veg.

Blueberry Day 7 veg (5).JPG

Blueberry, Day 7 veg.

Blueberry Day 11 veg (1).JPG

Today, Blueberry, Day 11 veg. I should have bumped up the nutes already but did so today. I will be slightly increasing the nute load every couple of days until Early Grow nute load is reached.[/USER]
I’m loving your setup and you have it down to a routine so salutations GW. I’m have to admit @ first I wasn’t that interested in Blueberry but after reading about the lineage I like it 👍. I’m in for the ride again. Happy growing. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Capn! I've got the first Golden Tiger sprout going out of three :cheesygrinsmiley: . Day 4 since planting in root riot cubes. The GT will go in where the Acapulco Gold is now. But before I move them in, I will install a new fan up high and I've figured out where to mount it to get a few more inches of clearance for the light.

Both grow areas will be Thai influenced this run. Blueberry and Golden Tiger.:cheer:

Need a little flag of Thailand to hang on each scrog frame.:bong:

Thanks Capn! I've got the first Golden Tiger sprout going out of three :cheesygrinsmiley: . Day 4 since planting in root riot cubes. The GT will go in where the Acapulco Gold is now. But before I move them in, I will install a new fan up high and I've figured out where to mount it to get a few more inches of clearance for the light.

Both grow areas will be Thai influenced this run. Blueberry and Golden Tiger.:cheer:

Need a little flag of Thailand to hang on each scrog frame.:bong:
This is going to be a great show especially with the GT she’s a monster grower but very temperamental with the nutes so a word of caution that less is more. I like the flag idea n I have been wanting to go to Thailand 🇹🇭 since I first smoked Thai Stick. lol Happy growing GW. CL🍀. :thumb: :circle-of-love::morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:

I too had visions of Bangkok. As young stoners the Thai stick legend was strong and of course there was the Rush song Passage to Bangkok and the visions of traveling the world sampling the offerings. 🤩 :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Me and a couple of buddies got some weed that was tied on a stick with colored thread. It was good weed with seeds too. But I doubt if it had been anywhere near Thailand. Two of those friends took the seed and grew a beautiful plant with it. It was in mid flower and was stolen before harvest.:oops::(

I too had visions of Bangkok. As young stoners the Thai stick legend was strong and of course there was the Rush song Passage to Bangkok and the visions of traveling the world sampling the offerings. 🤩 :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Me and a couple of buddies got some weed that was tied on a stick with colored thread. It was good weed with seeds too. But I doubt if it had been anywhere near Thailand. Two of those friends took the seed and grew a beautiful plant with it. It was in mid flower and was stolen before harvest.:oops::(
We had several different types but all were outstanding. One was with a flat type of twine and some with threads n some were just fermented like on a stick. I don’t ever remember seeing any seeds though. I’m a life long Rush fan and have also dreamed about being on the Thailand Express. (Cool song) CL🍀. :hookah::cheesygrinsmiley:

Blueberry
Day 16 veg.

The grow room is running normally.
The de-humidifier which spends the night with the Acapulco Gold and is shared with the Blueberry during lights on, was full and paused again this morning. :oops: The AG is still drinking that straight water and putting out a lot of moisture. :oops:

The Blueberry seems very happy in the flood and drain. The foliage production is in high gear and fans are going to be very wide so far. :bong:
I will do my best to stay hands off for a while and let the plants grow through the screen.:rolleyes: I want to let them hopefully space out some of the nodes before I start bending branches and tying them to the 1st scrog screen. The idea being to have more spacing between nodes on the screen.:hmmmm: It will be very hard to keep these from getting too thick and keeping light from penetrating all but the very top canopy.:oops: That's my working theory at this point. The back will end up thicker just because I can't reach them well.:rolleyes: I would like to keep some light penetrating the top screen which is set at 12"/30.5cm when the colas grow through the 2nd screen.

The plants will be started on a CO2 supplement soon. I have a mixture of caramelized barley, rough ground yellow corn, back set from a previous run (sour mash), sugar, and regular baking yeast, that I let bubble off CO2 for a week to 10 days in the grow area. The bucket is further processed:rolleyes: after it finishes and a fresh one is made up. I will do this till the main part of flowering is finished.
My room is not sealed but it is reasonably tight. I will put the ACs in recirculate at a little higher temperature and have fans blowing in the area that should keep the CO2 molecules from settling on the floor.:cheer:

I already love these fat little bushes.🤩:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Blueberry Day 16 veg (1).JPG

Blueberry, Day 16 veg.

Blueberry Day 16 veg (2).JPG

Blueberry, Day 16 veg.

Blueberry Day 16 veg (3).JPG

Blueberry, Day 16 veg.

Be sure and check out @LKABudMan and his hydro scrog work , his desert grow is underway now.
Thanks GW, but I'm just copying you. I'm using a nylon net which makes it a little more difficult, and I always use a second net to hold the buds.

Thanks GW, but I'm just copying you. I'm using a nylon net which makes it a little more difficult, and I always use a second net to hold the buds.
You have jumped up several levels on the hydro grows above me. I just try to keep the rooms environment right and follow the recipe on the nute bottles :rolleyes: :hmmmm::bong:

Back
Top Bottom