Bubba Cheesecake In Coco

Long Time Coming

Greetings Everyone!

Starting this journal a tad early. I will be soaking the seeds this weekend. Just finishing up some enhancements from the last grow. So the plan:

Bubba Cheesecake Feminized by Seedsman

Bubba Cheesecake is a cross of Pre-'98 Bubba Kush with Cheese Cake (Wedding Cake x Exodus Cheese). It is 70% Indica with flowering taking between 60 and 65 days. THC content >20% with a Licorice/Moss/Sweet taste/flavor and physical/sedative/strong effect.

I love both cheese and wedding cake so I'm really excited to grow this cultivar. I can't say that I've had Bubba Kush but from what I've read, it's supposed to be a winner too.

I'll be soaking 10 seeds this weekend (first in an H2O2 solution for 10 mins and then in RO water) until the seeds crack at which time they will be germinated in a moist paper towel. The plan is to finish at least 8 in the 4x8 space. They will be in 70/30 coco/perlite using Blue Planet Nutrients and lit by 1320 watts (mixture of 4 Electric Sky 300 V2/V3s LEDs). I built a table on wheels for the 4x4 flood trays (one now, will finish second by flowering) so I can stop having to vacuum out the runoff. This cut off about 30 inches of height but Ill have a total growing height of 36 inches maybe more so I should be able to fill out the 4x4 trellis's with 4 to 5 plants each. Will adjust next run if need be. But, the table is going to make a huge difference. More room on the sides when working, tray will drain in to a 3 gallon bucket which will be pumped out of the room, more room underneath for storing nutrients and tools. Theoretically at least.

Seedlings will be started in plastic cups and will most likely end up in 3 gal fabric pots. I haven't decided yet between 1 and 3 gallons. Last run I had 4 in 3 gal pots and ended up feeding 3 times a day, although they were much bigger than these will be. So I'm hoping I'll be able to get away with 1 maybe two feedings per day with smaller plants in 3 gallon pots. Once I automate the feeding I'll go down to 1 gallon, but that's in the future. First I wanted to get the drainage taken care of.

I'll get some pics up today or tomorrow once I finish up the room.

Got off my lazy butt and finished cleaning up the room. Here is the new drain table. Still have to get the pvc/trellis up but there will be time for that. Aside from the table being able to drain, my other main priority this grow is to make sure all cords are off the floor. Little bit better every time.

One thing I do need to figure out this grow is room exhaust. Its a total of about 750 cubic feet (6 ft wide x 15 ft long x 8 ft tall or so). I have a 6 inch AC Infinity exhaust fan in the upper left portion of the room. You can see the intake on the right side by the fan. There is a large HEPA air filter on the other side, but I havent been forcing air in, just use it passively. We have really dry air here so I've been only running the exhaust fan for an hour every other hour while lights are on. I put the exhaust fan and the reservoir air pump on the same timer. So theoretically, the fan is on for half the time the lights are on, instead of intermittently to let the humidifier re-humidify the air before its exhausted again. I've been able to keep the range of the temp and RH in a good range doing this, I just want to make sure that I'm not stunting the growth for the last 15 mins before the exhaust fan turns on. Anyone have any thoughts?

Room Enhancements.JPG

Decided to start soaking the seeds tonight. Turned on the humidifier and lights in the room, this will give me a few days to dial in the temp/RH before having to plant the seedlings. Soaked 10 seeds in half a cup of reionized RO water with 2 tsp of 3% H2O2 solution for 10 mins while I took a shower and just transferred the seeds to a half-cup of reionized RO water to soak until they crack. Will resoak the coco in come CalMag tomorrow as well for a day. I rinsed and soaked a bunch of coco about a month ago but its been sitting out in trays so will resoak to be sure and hope no pathogens floated on the trays. They were sitting out in the room that I dried the last harvest in which is small and pretty air tight so feeling good about it.

(only 9 beans in the photo, i didnt see one stuck under the lid of the container, but it got its peroxide quick soak and is with its friends)

Bubba Cheesecake soaking.JPG

Tagging some folks from the last journal. Would love any thoughts and opinions. But don't let that fool you, all are welcome to join! @gwhunran @Bill284 @Tokin Roll

At least a few of the seeds have cracked and are showing their tap root. Got their coco soaking in 500ppm CalMag+ right now. Will transfer seeds to moist paper towels tonight or tomorrow.

Tagging some folks from the last journal. Would love any thoughts and opinions. But don't let that fool you, all are welcome to join! @gwhunran @Bill284 @Tokin Roll

At least a few of the seeds have cracked and are showing their tap root. Got their coco soaking in 500ppm CalMag+ right now. Will transfer seeds to moist paper towels tonight or tomorrow.
Woohooo, beans a poppen :woohoo::yahoo:
Love me some coco hehe.:thumb:
Hope everything is going well my friend. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I like what you're doing. With your building skills, you'll be able to try lots of stuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Why are you not pumping air into the reservoir 24/7?:hmmmm:

It may not be needed in the dark? I really don't know.:hmmmm:

I like what you're doing. With your building skills, you'll be able to try lots of stuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Why are you not pumping air into the reservoir 24/7?:hmmmm:

It may not be needed in the dark? I really don't know.:hmmmm:
No specific reason on not aerating 24/7. I could. I just assumed that roughly 9 hours in veg and 6 hours in flower was enough. But no reason not to, so will try it out this run. I have plenty of electricity to spare.

Getting stuff ready to plant the seeds today. Strained the coco, squeezed it so it wasn't saturated and mixed in the perlite. Filled up 10 solo cups and am now just waiting on the seeds. Going to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning to plant them.

Still having the exhaust run at 100% 24/7. Temps are staying right around 75 and RH around 55%. Put the second humidifier in the room and ordered the control for the AC Infinity fan. My original one had broken so I ordered a new one. I figure once I lower the fan to 75% that should allow the RH to creep up to 60 while still exchanging enough air. Other than that, not much else. I'll post pics once the ladies are firmly tucked in.

Good Morning! Seedling Day 2
Temps: 64 - 84 Current 68
RH: 41-54 Current 51

I was using an oil heater to keep the night time temps up. I had taped all the lights up but yesterday morning i happened to be in the grow room before lights on and noticed a faint orange glow coming from the inside of the heater kinda towards the fins. At the same time I noticed the sensor for the Autopilot controller had a very faint white light that would pulse from inside the sensor. I never noticed that before, even during my lights out tests. But thinking about it, I probably didn't have it plugged in because it emits a good amount of green light. Anyways, both of those items happened to be close to the Fuel D.OG which happened to have seeds last harvest. Whether or not that's the reason, both have been unplugged. I can deal with the low temps for a bit as its hot here but will need to find a good grow room friendly heater before the winter time. Why on earth a grow sensor would emit any light, besides green, is beyond me.

Here are the ladies this morning. Removed the domes to let some air movement toughen up their stems.
Seedlings Day 2.JPG

Good Morning!

Not much had changed in the past week so haven't been posting much. Cut up a coat hanger for some supports early on as the seedlings stretched quite a bit. Have the ppfd at just over 200. Gave them some 200 ppm feed two days ago with their second set of leaves. Today would be seedling day 11. 3rd set of leaves are emerging, not really sure what the consensus is on transition to seedling/veg so will also call this Veg day 1.

The exhaust fan stopped two nights ago so the RH got up to 80. I have 2 humidifiers in the room so i can keep the exhaust constant. The only problem is, when you plug them in you have to hit the on switch, so I can't hook them up to a control device. And of course no sensors ever have close values, so one stays continuously on. The other is set to 60 but doesnt turn on until the RH gets down to under 50 or so (if you set them to 65, the highest setting, they never turn off). Anyways, the fun of trying to get the climate right.

Temps: 70 82 Current 77
RH: 36 81 Current 50
PPFD Just over 200

Veg Day 1.JPG

A bit about my feed. I've been using Blue Planet Nutrients for awhile. They seem to work great, but I really don't have anything to compare them to. I also don't see many people using them but I have a good amount so will at least use it up. I checked the site recently and noticed the ratios were tweaked slightly, so I'm going to go off what they have now. I also use their Gold Shield Silica supplement 0-0-1 and their CalMag+ which is supplemented with additional chelated iron, chelated manganese, chelated copper, chelated zinc, boron, and molybdenum. RO water is used and verified to be 0 ppm prior to mix. I don't use the Easy Weed or the Root Magic (although I do add mycorrhizae when i plant/transplant).

For Veg I start with about half the water I think I'll need and use measurements for that amount of water as I know I'll be diluting it.

First I mix the CalMag+, aiming for between 250 to 300ppm and let it sit for a few minutes. Check the ppm to see if its stable. Then I add the Gold Shield (silica), Micro, Grow, Bloom, VitaBlue in that order mixing in between. Check the ppm and dilute to my target ppms. That way I know the ratios of the nutrients are correct. Finally, adjust pH to 5.8 for now.

Gave them just under 200ppm feed the other day. The goal this run is to not change the ppms until the plant asks for it. I think I have a tendency to give too much N during veg. Saw someone recommend upping the ppms by 50% when they start showing signs so will give that a go this run.

Elite_HYS_Cannabis Feeding Chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom