Bubba Cheesecake In Coco

Good Morning!

Day 20 (Veg Day 10)
Temps: 73 88 Current: 75
RH: 30 56 Current: 47

Ladies seem to be doing well. A bit droopy but they just woke up. Topped them this morning. Still not requiring daily feeds. I hope their roots are doing well. Other than that, just making sure the humidifiers are full.
If you want a peak at the roots, you can always turn the pot over, tap and have a cheeky look at them. I don’t think it hurts the plant at all.

Good Morning!

Day 21 (Veg Day 11)
Temps: 73 88 Current: 81
RH: 31 64 Current: 60

@Trala I should have used clear cups as well, will do for next run. I usually just wait until they start needing daily waterings. Probably wouldn't hurt to look, but I'd figure out a way to do more damage than good. I pulled out the support stakes and could feel the roots had wrapped around them so they should be good.

Gave them some nutrients this morning. 290 ppm at 5.8 pH. Might be starting to need more nutrients, but really I just wasn't able to dilute it any more in the 5 gal container. Shouldn't do any harm, I was expecting to raise the nutrients soon. Checked the ppfd and it was at 350 due to the growth. Turned the lights down to 250 ppfd. I'm hoping that's what is causing the droopiness. Decided to go with 2 gal fabric pots when I up pot them. It would be close whether or not I have enough coco made up for 10 3-gal pots. They will just need a bit more watering, but they will still be relatively small so still hoping to keep it to twice a day.

Veg Day 11.JPG

Good Morning!

Day 22 (Veg Day 12)
Temps: 72 88 Current: 73
RH: 35 69 Current: 63

The ladies are looking good this morning. I accidentally snipped a leaf somehow from one of them when I topped them but she's doing well. The cotyledons started yellowing yesterday so the bump to 300 ppm yesterday turned out to work well.

Veg Day 12.JPG

Good Morning!

Day 23 (Veg Day 13)
Temps: 70 81 Current: 75
RH: 41 69 Current: 56

Ladies were a little droopy this morning and were in need of water. Gave them 270 ppm at 6.0 pH. Going to build the second table this week. I will probably end up putting them in two gallon pots this weekend. A couple of them are really struggling to put out extra branches after the topping. Will be interesting to see the difference.

Veg Day 13.JPG

Good Morning!

Day 24 (Veg Day 14)
Temps: 68 81 Current: 73
RH: 30 61 Current: 38

Ladies are looking good. Finished up the second table. Just need to hook up the drain and the pump to extract the runoff. Also need to get some mesh wire for the trellis. Will most likely need to give some feed this afternoon. Will be up potting in the next few days. Other than that not much else is happening.

Veg Day 14.JPG

Here are the two tables set up
Two tables.JPG

And I figured I'd throw in a pic of the entrance to the room. Got 2 humidifiers, dehumidifier, and an AC. Will be putting a 55 gal can as well for nutes once I up pot. The hose is from the RO system. Was such a pain to carry water in and out of the room.

Front of room.JPG

Looks like a fine set up.
I should already know, but do you re run the solution, or do you get rid of it? :hmmmm: :bong:
I get rid of it. The AC drains in to a 3 gal bucket out back which has a pump/float that pumps it out the shed and in to the grassy area. I plan on hooking up the drain tubing from the runoff to that hose so the runoff solution gets pumped out to the same grassy area. Before I would just wet vac the runoff up and manually carry it outside to dump it.

I get rid of it. The AC drains in to a 3 gal bucket out back which has a pump/float that pumps it out the shed and in to the grassy area. I plan on hooking up the drain tubing from the runoff to that hose so the runoff solution gets pumped out to the same grassy area. Before I would just wet vac the runoff up and manually carry it outside to dump it.
Yeah, this will be easier. :)

Veg Day 15 Update

Up potted the ladies. The roots were spectacular (no pics) but definitely could have been done a few days ago. The roots were coiled about 6 inches at the bottom. I ran out of coco though. About 4 of the plants have 1.75 gals or so and the rest range down to about 1.25 gals. That's ok though, I wanted to bury a good amount of stem anyways. I have another brick soaking in 500ppm CalMag+ so will be able to fill in the rest of the containers in the next few days. Gave them the rest of the 270 ppm 5.8 pH nutrient solutions after repotting. The next feeding will be with 450ppm. PPFD is set at 400.

Veg Day 15 up pot.JPG

Looking good now that you put them in fresh soil as soon as they set new feeder roots they will thrive give them a week. I just drop a single plant on the same pot riser your using.

Very nice! Yeah figure a week for roots to grow, then maybe another 2 weeks of veg. At least hoping for that now.

Good Morning!

Day 26 (Veg Day 16)
Temps: 64 88 Current: 77
RH: 30 59 Current: 52

Topped up the ladies this morning with more coco/perlite and wetted them down with 450ppm 5.9 pH solution. The drains are pretty much working as intended. A little more solution collects around the actual drain than I'd like but not really going to worry about it. No apparent negative effects from repotting. Have mesh wire for the trellis coming on Tuesday as well as a 7 gal tote which I will use to collect the waste and pump it out. I still need to set that up. From what I've seen we are supposed to have another heat wave coming this month, but I'll need to make sure to figure out the heater situation by the end of it. I really don't want it getting much cooler than 64 at night. I hope all is well with everyone.

Veg Day 16.1.JPG

Veg Day 16.2.JPG

Good morning to you too!

Looking schmickey doo there bruv!

Where are you in this wide world?
In southern California, about an hour and a half from San Diego. I have a soft spot in my heart for Aussies. Spent a month in Townsville training with the Aussies out there, served a tour with an Aussie Cav Warrant Officer, and worked for an Aussie in the lab while going to school. Ended up going to Sydney for a week to help her train some students out there. Was a blast every time I went out.

Back
Top Bottom