Fuel D.OG And Memory Loss In Coco

Long Time Coming

Starting a journal for my current grow which is 15 days from flip. I currently have 4 plants in a 4x8 foot space. I was actually planning on putting them outside this year but i started them way too early as I can't plant outside until at least June 1, but no complaints. The 2 Fuel D.OG are from Seedsman and were grown from seed. The 2 Memory Loss are clones from a local dispensary.

Fuel D.OG by Seedsman
Chemdog (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) x Fuel OG (Diesel x Headband)
70% Sativa/30% Indica with a flowering time of 65 - 70 days

Memory Loss
No info from the dispensary but from what I can gather it is a cross of Amnesia Haze x Face Off OG and is also 70% Sativa/30% Indica with a flowering time of 70 to 84 days.

Each plant is in a 3 gallon fabric pot with 66% coco and 33% perlite being fed with Blue Planet Nutrients high yield formula with their CalMag+. I am currently watering twice a day, just after lights on and 2 hours before lights off. I mix 150 to 200 ppm of the CalMag+ and then the nutrients which is then diluted to 600 to 650 ppm currently. I'm thinking about bumping it up to 700 today as I need to make more nutrients, but the plants aren't showing any signs of deficiencies I can see.

The plants are lit by 4 ES300s (mix of v2 and v3) from the Green Sunshine Company which i just learned went out of business a bit ago. Thats too bad, seemed like a really nice company and great lights. Keeping the ppfd (pretty sure those are the units) at 650 to 700 at the majority of the canopy, but is getting as high as 850 on the highest buds. Ill slowly ramp it up to 900/1000 over the next few weeks as long as they dont show any stress. The room is kept between 72 and 80 degrees and 45 to 55 % humidity.

I flipped on March 23 and I'd say they had flowers 5 days later on the 28th. The first set of photos are 10 days from flip.

Fuel D.OG 10 days from flip
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower2.JPG
Fuel D.OG 2 weeks flower3.JPG

Memory Loss 10 days from flip
Memory Loss 2 weeks flower.JPG
Memory Loss 2 weeks flower.JPG

Love it! Mine are moving right along. I changed the reservoir for the first time after 16 days.

Mine are just now touching the screen. I'll fill the screen a bit before flipping.

I've noticed the stems/branches are thick as stated in the descriptive material from the breeder. They say even after they get tall the thick branches will support the heavy buds. We will support them anyway huh?

It looks like you have a hard time getting to the back of the grow too. Once mine get tall, I can forget about doing anything in the back until harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Got a couple questions for everyone. Currently at 23 days from flip and making a new batch of nutrients today. I've been keeping it at 700 ppm at a ph of 6.1 still watering twice a day (just under 3/4 of a gallon for each plant which gives about two cups of runoff). The light intensity is 850 micromoles/m2/second (think thats ppfd) at the tallest colas and no less than 500 at the lowest part of canopy. So the questions:

1) I thought I read on Coco for Growing that you want to raise the ph for the first 4 weeks of flowering to around 6.1 and then lower it again to 5.8 for the rest of flower but I can't seem to find the article. The article i did find suggested to raise it to 6.1 for seedlings and ripening and keep around 5.9 for the majority of the plants life. So the question, is there a target pH for the last half of flowering?

2) Should I keep the ppm of the nutrients at 700 and wait for any deficiencies to show up before upping it to 800?

3) From what I've read, without CO2, the plants can only really use up to 1000 ppfd before photoinhibition starts and light burn starts. Is it worth raising the intensity up at the tops to 1000 so that the lower canopy goes from say 500 to 600 ppfd and chance light burn up there or will 500 be enough?

Thank you!!!

Wish I could help but of your questions the only thing I'm pretty sure about is you are doing fine with your PH.

I like to raise my nutrient load slower than many other growers. I've burnt plants before and it's not pretty. I always seem to grow plenty and have leftovers when the next harvest rolls around so why push it?

Yeah my last two grows were disastrous. Everything from overfeeding, wrong ph, chasing every deficiency under the sun due to lockouts, severe calcium deficiency i thought were thrips. Pretty much lost two grows in a row, but it got me to actually read hah. So I'm probably a little hypersensitive this grow because its actually going really well.

I've got an extra Fuel D.OG that I keep in a tent in the garage, when it's not fit to be outside. It's in veg.
Anyway, lately I've caught myself looking for a fuel leak in the garage :hmmmm: , until I remember the plant in the tent. When you smell it up close it just smells intensely like weed.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here are the girls at 35 days post flip. I had to open up the Fuel D.OG a little, the inside of the two was getting pretty thick with not much air flow so added another fan in the middle pointed at the floor as well. Little too strong to hit the plants. I also started giving them a quart of nutrients at noon as well. They've been drinking a lot more. Plan on staying at the same nutrients and pH, not really seeing any issues at all.

Room
Room F 35.JPG

Fuel D.OG
Fuel D.OG F 35.JPG
Fuel D.OG FF 35.JPG

Memory Loss
Memory Loss F 35.JPG

Memory Loss FF 35.JPG

42 Days from flip. Feeding 880 ppm at 5.9 pH.

Room
Room F 42.JPG

Fuel D.OG 42 days
Fuel D.OG F 42.JPG

Fuel D.OG FF  42.JPG

Memory Loss 42 days
Memory Loss F 42.JPG

Memory Loss FF 42.JPG

I did notice this yesterday, looks to be the start of zinc deficiency? The CalMag I use has 0.01% zinc and the micro portion of the nutrient formula has 0.015% zinc. I mix the CalMag first to 200 ppm which I think should be high enough. It's only on this one cola out of all the plants which gets a ppfd of 900. As of now, not going to change anything unless it progresses.
Fuel D.OG FFa 42.JPG

Back
Top Bottom