Fuel D.OG, Hydroponics, By Gwhunran 2023

Hydro Fuel D.OG harvest on page 11.

The 5th Fuel D.OG COB will come out of the ferment stage tonight and will be inspected before going into the cure stage. :)

The deck Wedding Cake is quickly ripening. :) We are supposed to have cool nights so maybe a little more color before harvest. :) May get rain tonight also but the winds are supposed to pick up afterwards, so things should dry out.:hmmmm: just hope the winds don't break the now heavier branches.

Wedding Cake 10-5-23.JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, yesterday.

Wedding Cake 10-6-23.JPG

Deck Wedding Cake today. 10-6-23

Wedding Cake 2 10-6-23 .JPG

Wedding Cake 10-6-23 (1).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-6-23 (1) Close up.JPG

Deck Wedding Cake today. 10-6-23 Close up of previous bud.

Wedding Cake 10-6-23 (2).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-6-23 (2) close up.JPG

Deck Wedding Cake today. 10-6-23 Close up of previous bud.

do you look at the trichromes under the microscope for cloudy amber lots of cloudy ..

do you look at the trichromes under the microscope for cloudy amber lots of cloudy ..
I do look at them. :) I can zoom in on a high resolution picture, or cut a piece off, and put it under a usb microscope.:)i also have a jewelers loop. I will usually wait until the plant/buds look finished despite what the trichs look like. :) If it is a little too amber, it will still be good for me. :hmmmm: I don't want to miss out on any of that ripening bud swell. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have harvested early,:hmmmm: either by not knowing any better in my early grows,:rolleyes: or something happens that makes an early harvest necessary.:hmmmm::bong:

I do look at them. :) I can zoom in on a high resolution picture, or cut a piece off, and put it under a usb microscope.:)i also have a jewelers loop. I will usually wait until the plant/buds look finished despite what the trichs look like. :) If it is a little too amber, it will still be good for me. :hmmmm: I don't want to miss out on any of that ripening bud swell. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have harvested early,:hmmmm: either by not knowing any better in my early grows,:rolleyes: or something happens that makes an early harvest necessary.:hmmmm::bong:

i think later better than too early :)

Removed one 5th Fuel D.OG COB at day 8 of ferment stage. It was examined, a canary(removed piece to show color) made, and it was resealed.
This COB was put aside to start the cure stage. Resealed COB being kept in cannabis humidor for cure.
The other six COBs will stay in the ferment stage, and be removed one by one over the next week or so, and the same process as above will be followed. I want to get a better idea how varying the ferment time affects the COB. :hmmmm:

The Wedding Cake made it through the storm last night without any apparent damage.:) It's cool but the suns shining and the wind is blowing, so they should dry out quickly.:) Picture taken before the storm.

COB FDOG Cure start 10-7-23 (3).JPG

COB of 5th Fuel D.OG on Day 8 of ferment stage. COB was opened after photo.

COB FDOG Cure start 10-7-23 (4).JPG

What the 5th Fuel D.OG COB looks like after eight days of ferment. After a canary was taken, the COB was re-wrapped and resealed.

COB FDOG Cure start 10-7-23 (5).JPG

COB FDOG Cure start 10-7-23 (1).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG COB re-wrapped and resealed with canary inside.

Wedding Cake 10-6-23.JPG

Wedding Cake, taken before storm last night. It's okay today, standing strong.

We usually get a frost in Oct., next four nights in the 40s F.

lows at 3 c this coming week 37.4f chilly was 30 c a few days ago here way too hot.. for october record breaking heat..
planet earth is in serious trouble for 9 billion humans...

will not be enough food.. will happen fast one day soon..

back to marijuana lots of strains can take some mild frost s

dont know if mine is one.. afghani can take it.. cold in the mountains

Hydro Fuel D.OG harvest page 11.

The 5th Fuel D.OG COBs are in both fermentation and cure. Took number two out of ferment and started cure after 10 days in ferment. It may smell a little more and be a little less green than the 8 day ferment. A canary was created from the 10 day ferment COB. It was re-wrapped and resealed. It was placed in the cannabis humidor with the other COB in cure. Another one will be taken out of ferment on day 12 ferment.

The deck Wedding Cake is almost finished. :) We are having cool nights in the 40sF/4-7C but no frost in the forecast.:):bong:

COB 5th FDOG (2).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG COB fermented for 10 days opened up. The sealed one behind it was fermented for 8 days. A canary(visible sample) was created and the 10 day COB was resealed with it's canary.

COB 5th FDOG (3).JPG

Resealed COBs and placed in cannabis humidor for curing phase.

Wedding Cake 10-9-23 (6).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, Almost ready to harvest. 10-9-23

Wedding Cake 10-9-23 (2).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-9-23 (3).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-9-23 (4).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-9-23 (5).JPG

The deck Wedding Cake could be harvested at any time. :) It's ready. :cheesygrinsmiley: We were rained on last night but it's sunny now and we have a mildly windy day today so it should dry out. :hmmmm: I've already been out there shaking the excess water off the buds.:rolleyes: They are still frosting up and coloring a bit too.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (2).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake 10-10-23. Will be harvested soon.

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (1).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake 10-10-23.

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (4).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (5).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (6).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (7).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-10-23 (8).JPG

The deck Wedding Cake will be harvested in a couple of days unless something changes. :hmmmm: It's supposed to rain after that for a couple of days on and off.:oops: The weather is in the 40sF/4-7C at night and staying cool during the day so I'm good until then.:) I've cut the lower limbs and trimmed it up. It's pretty flower.:)

Removed another 5th Fuel D.OG COB from fermentation stage. Three now in cure stage, four still in ferment stage. I'll probably take two out of ferment on day 14 and save the other two until day 21. The COB smells good and I can't tell a lot of difference between them at this point. I may have started with my material too dry for a proper ferment, we'll see.:hmmmm::bong:

COB 5th FDOG 8 10 12 ferment in cure (3).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG COB. Third one taken out of ferment at Day 12 and put into cure. Others taken out at Day 8 and 10.

COB 5th FDOG 8 10 12 ferment in cure (2).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG COB. Third one taken out of ferment at Day 12 and put into cure. Others taken out at Day 8 and 10.

COB 5th FDOG 8 10 12 ferment in cure (1).JPG

COB 5th FDOG 8 10 12 ferment in cure (4).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-11-23 (1)2.JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, Lower limbs have been harvested, the rest will be harvested in two days.

Wedding Cake 10-11-23 (7).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, Lower limbs have been harvested, the rest will be harvested in two days.

Wedding Cake 10-11-23 (5).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-11-23 (6).JPG

The Wedding Cake will be harvested tomorrow. :) I plan on doing a rough wet trim after this post. I'll post another picture of the naked plant, before it's harvested.:)

Wedding Cake 10-12-23 (5).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, 10-12-23

Wedding Cake 10-12-23 (3).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-12-23 (4).JPG

Wedding Cake 10-12-23 (2).JPG

I put two more COBs in cure after 14 days in ferment. :) I have two remaining in ferment and plan on letting them go another week to 21 days in ferment and they will be put in cure. No pictures today.:oops:

The deck Wedding Cake will be harvested today.:) It was wet trimmed yesterday and spent the night naked.:oops: The buds turned out denser than the outside 5th Fuel D.OG but not nearly as large. :hmmmm: The plant was a couple of months younger though.:hmmmm:

Wedding Cake harvest day 10-13-23 (7).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, harvest day, 10-13-23

Wedding Cake harvest day 10-13-23 (2).JPG

Wedding Cake harvest day 10-13-23 (1).JPG

Wedding Cake harvest day 10-13-23 (3).JPG

Wedding Cake harvest day 10-13-23 (4).JPG

Wedding Cake harvest day 10-13-23 (5).JPG

I must mention the cured hydro Fuel D.OG is fantastic smoke. :) It's smooth and flavorful. :) Although plenty strong, it's one of those smokes that has one packing the bowl, just one more time.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

The deck Wedding Cake was harvested yesterday afternoon and the stalks are hung for drying. :)

Harvested Wedding Cake.JPG

Harvested Wedding Cake 10-14-23

The Wedding Cake has started curing. :) i mostly filled two, 1/4lb Grove bags and one quart glass jar. The composition ended up being about a quarter lb of large buds and a quarter lb of medium and smaller buds. So, not bad for me and my outdoor growing experience. :hmmmm::)

Finished up, putting the last of the 5th Fuel D.OG COB in cure today. These last two have been in ferment for 21 days. The breakdown on the 5th Fuel D.OG COB is as follows. 7 total
1 = 1 week ferment
1 = 10 days ferment
1 = 12 days ferment
2 = 14 days ferment
2 = 21 days ferment

I'm already sampling the one week ferment that has cured for two weeks. :rolleyes: It's not earth shaking but requires more testing.:bong:😎

COB 5th FDOG 21 ferment (1).JPG

Last of the 5th Fuel D.OG COB in ferment. 21 Day ferment starting cure today.

COB 5th FDOG 21 ferment (2).JPG

Last of the 5th Fuel D.OG COB in ferment. 21 Day ferment starting cure today.

COB 5th FDOG 21 ferment (3)2.JPG

Last of the 5th Fuel D.OG COB in ferment. 21 Day ferment starting cure today. Wrapped back up with canary, ready to be vacuum sealed again.

COB 5th FDOG 21 ferment (4).JPG

Last of the 5th Fuel D.OG COB in ferment. 21 Day ferment starting cure today. Vacuum sealed back up and put into cure.

Four months after harvest.

Had good conditions for a picture; sunlight, smallish tip of the spear bud, and camera at hand.
I'm really enjoying this smoke. :cheesygrinsmiley: Great taste and relaxation mode.:)😎

FDOG 4 months after harvest (5).JPG

Fuel D.OG by Seedsman. Four months after harvest.

FDOG 4 months after harvest (7).JPG

FDOG 4 months after harvest (6).JPG

Back
Top Bottom