Fuel D.OG And Memory Loss In Coco

Today is flip +49

The outside-in yellowing of new leaves from last week (still assuming potassium def) has shown up on a couple other colas on the same Fuel D.OG. I upped the feed to 1100 ppm at 5.8 last week, I'm not sure if I should raise it again. The Fuel D.OG should only have about two more weeks left so I'm not entirely sure what to do. About half the trichs are cloudy, but the leaves haven't started to fade yet.

The Memory Loss has started its fade, trichs also seem to be about half cloudy. These two should go another month (two weeks longer than the Fuel D.OG). Haven't seen any progression of potassium deficiencies on these two.

All 4 plants are drinking quite a bit less water now. They've gone from about 2 gallons a day (with runoff) to about 1.25 gallons (back to where they were before week 3 of flower or so).

Got a couple questions for everyone:

1) Should I raise the ppm from 1100 to about 1400 to try to prevent further potassium issues or is it too late for these girls?

2) I've heard they will start drinking a lot less when they are ready for the chop, but what does that look like? 50% less? 25% less? If I'm feeding 1.25 gallons per day now, is there a point where I can be confident they are most likely finished?

Thanks!!!
Room Flip +49
Room F 49.JPG

Fuel D.OG
Fuel D.OG F 49.JPG

Fuel D.OG FF 49.JPG

Memory Loss
Memory Loss F 49.JPG

Memory Loss FF 49.JPG

Yesterday I noticed some yellowing of the fan leaves on one of the Fuel D.OG plants. Initially started getting excited as I'm waiting for to start their fade. But a closer look and I don't think its a good thing.

Here are some pics:
Fuel D.OG F 51.JPG

Fuel D.OG leaf F 51.JPG

A closer look revealed that it is the veins that are yellowing first. The leaves most affected are fan leaves near the top of the colas, the lower fan leaves arent affected. What I'm thinking is a phosphorous excess now. I made a new batch of nutrients on Thursday, kept it at 1100 ppm at a pH of 5.8 (RO water with 250 ppm of CalMag+ added). Temps are staying between 73 and 80, with RH at 40 to 55%.

Plan is to dilute nutrients to 800 ppm and see if it continues. Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated.

I had to edit as I didn't notice the coco label on the photo above at first.
There are a lot of people on here that grow in coco so someone has probably seen this before.
I'm not much help diagnosing plant deficiencies or lock out. I've been lucky for the most part.

The buds look tremendous right now though. I hope mine look as good.

Good Morning!

Here are the ladies at flip +63 days. I was hoping to chop today, but I think they might have another week. Just waiting on the last of the trichs in the middle of the plants to cloud up. Started feeding 200 ppm at 5.8 about 3 days ago and switched the lights to 11/13 to hopefully ripen them up a little faster.

Room Flip +63
Room F 63.JPG

Fuel D.OG
Fuel D.OG F 63.JPG

Fuel D.OG FF 63.JPG

Fuel D.OG FF1 63.JPG

Memory Loss
Memory Loss F 63.JPG

Memory Loss FF 63.JPG

Just found two nanners on one of the Fuel D.OGs. Should that hasten my timeline to chop?
No problem. You will be harvesting before seeding could happen. I will be on high alert on mine now too.
If it happened earlier your buds would be making seed instead of more sticky buds. :rolleyes:

Harvested on Sunday. Took 8 hours to harvest and wash four plants. Ended up having to cut off more stem than i would like. I ran out of room. I have two of the hanging drying thingamajigs but ended up having to move trays and lights off of my soon to be microgreen racks so that I could hang the last memory loss to dry. Drying room is at 63 F and ranging between 55 and 70% humidity but sticking close to 60% for the most part. Gonna see if i can get that range to shrink a little more. Most likely looking at around a week to dry i think. Ill post some pics and weights once they are done!

Figured I would update on the curing of the Memory Loss and Fuel D.OG. Both have been curing for just under 3 weeks.

The Memory Loss smells just like i remember from the dispensary but slightly different. Smells like a grapefruit citrus but the longer its curing, Im starting to get a strong skunky/fuely odor when grinding it up that brings a smile to my face. Tastes like it smells. The high starts out very cerebral then morphs in to a couch lock/body high which can be pretty intense. I haven't had that type of body high since smoking in high school.

The Fuel D.OG smells like a mixture of rotting fruit and rotting meat. At least that's how i can describe it. One of the plants has a very strong blueberry scent mixed in as well. I started to worry about the smells as they are pretty new to me, but they are supposed to have a strong skunky/garlic smell which I'm assuming is what I'm getting. These buds are absolutely covered in crystals, however, it seems a lot of it is also filled with seeds. I haven't gone through it all but what I've broken open has been seeded. I don't think all of it was but I'm assuming most of it was. I'll pull what buds out that I think are good and will make kief/hash and gummies with the rest.

Back
Top Bottom