Fuel D.OG, Hydroponics, By Gwhunran 2023

Fuel D.OG
Harvested

Buds were just perfect for me to jar today. :cheesygrinsmiley: I probably start the jarring earlier than most and I can say that I've never had a problem doing so. I may spend more time opening them at first but I'm retired and what else have I got to do. :hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

They are denser than they look and very resinous. Not a giant harvest but it looks to be quality bud.:cheesygrinsmiley:
DSCN4261.JPG

Fuel D.OG right before being put in jars.

FDOG nugget post.jpg

Fuel D.OG dried and going in the jars. Just a single shot of one next to a tequila shot glass for scale.

Fuel D.OG
Harvested

Buds were just perfect for me to jar today. :cheesygrinsmiley: I probably start the jarring earlier than most and I can say that I've never had a problem doing so. I may spend more time opening them at first but I'm retired and what else have I got to do. :hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

They are denser than they look and very resinous. Not a giant harvest but it looks to be quality bud.:cheesygrinsmiley:
DSCN4261.JPG

FDOG nugget post.jpg

Fuel D.OG dried and going in the jars. Just a single shot of one next to a tequila shot glass for scale.
Congratulations on a successful harvest GW. Nice looking buds. CL🍀. :thumb: :bravo::welldone::cheer:

I filled 11 qt jars with buds going from very large to fairly small. The calyx are swollen and rock hard even on a lot of the lower flowers. They don't appear that way to the eye, but in the hands it's obvious. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong: They smell good but on the pungent side.🦨 Caryophyllene maybe? :hmmmm:

From Seedsman... Fuel D.OG...

1688430574797.png

Fuel D.OG = Chemdog (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) and Fuel OG (Diesel x HeadBand)

Chemdog has caryophyllene dominant, and very low pinene. Pure caryophyllene smells like cloves. Limonene and myrcene would give some citrus/fruitiness. Look at the pinene, though! It's through the roof. I think that, in combination with the others, would give a strong skunky odor.

My guess is that Fuel D.OG would be very bud rot resistant.

From Seedsman... Fuel D.OG...

1688430574797.png

Fuel D.OG = Chemdog (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) and Fuel OG (Diesel x HeadBand)

Chemdog has caryophyllene dominant, and very low pinene. Pure caryophyllene smells like cloves. Limonene and myrcene would give some citrus/fruitiness. Look at the pinene, though! It's through the roof. I think that, in combination with the others, would give a strong skunky odor.

My guess is that Fuel D.OG would be very bud rot resistant.
Thank you, There is no trace of any disease. There is real uniformity to the flowers, more so than normal for my grows.
I left the jars closed last night and opened them this morning. Very nice smell at the moment. I smell inside the jar before I even touch it for wetness. The nose will quickly pick up the different smell of too much moistness.
I wish I was better at describing what I'm smelling. There's a little fruitiness, but in a good way with the spicy skunkiness.

Outside, 5th Fuel D.OG

It's neat to see this plant develop. It started flowering early, before the solstice. :hmmmm: It will probably get a little taller than most desirable for stealthiness,:rolleyes: but the neighbors are okay with our favorite plant.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
There are lots of bugs feasting on it and there's a mantis that's been living on it for a while.:cheer: I water it, fertilize it every so often, and just watch it flower. Should have used a bigger pot.

FDOG Early July 23 (1).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG, Early July, well into flower.

FDOG Early July 23 (2).JPG

FDOG Early July 23 (3).JPG

Outside, 5th Fuel D.OG

It's neat to see this plant develop. It started flowering early, before the solstice. :hmmmm: It will probably get a little taller than most desirable for stealthiness,:rolleyes: but the neighbors are okay with our favorite plant.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
There are lots of bugs feasting on it and there's a mantis that's been living on it for a while.:cheer: I water it, fertilize it every so often, and just watch it flower. Should have used a bigger pot.

FDOG Early July 23 (1).JPG

FDOG Early July 23 (2).JPG

FDOG Early July 23 (3).JPG

Those guy lines are a good idea. It'll be good to see how being grown outdoors in soil will compare with the hydro buds!

You bet Mel. I know from growing vegetables that once they get a little tall, and a strong wind comes along, the plant acts like a big sail. It's on a down slope and it might roll for for 25 meters before stopping, leaving itself all along the way. :oops:

Congrats on the harvest GW. I'll take nice hard buds over big fluffy buds any time. They look really nice.

Thanks LKA. In trimming them I got a good idea of how solid they are. :cheesygrinsmiley: So far it's one of those strains without the dull hay smell,:hmmmm: it's had a nice fragrance the whole time. Already in the jars. :)
I've tested some uncured and it's real narcotic for a mostly Sativa strain.:bong:

Outside 5th Fuel D.OG and the porch Wedding Cake.

This looks like the best place to update these two for now.
The Fuel D.OG is well into flowering and the Wedding Cake is just now getting started and stretching hard still.

The harvested hydro Fuel D.OG is still curing in the jar. The testers are giving me a pretty narcotic effect, not gogo smoke for sure.

FDOG Mid July 2023 (1).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG. 2nd week July.

Wedding Cake Mid July 2023 (2).JPG

Wedding Cake, 2nd week July, 2023. Stretching hard and just starting to throw pistils.

Fuel D.OG
Hydro harvest day info and pictures on page 11.

Pictures of Outside plants.
5th Fuel D.OG that didn't get picked to go in the flood and drain. She's flowering nicely, if nothing happens, it will be the biggest outside plant that I've grown. The plant was started in late March and moved outside for good once the threat of frost was over. Early May.
Wedding Cake, the deck plant. The seed was planted late April. She's stretching and throwing pistils.

5th FDOG 7-18-23.JPG

5th Fuel Dog, picture taken 7-18-23

Wedding Cake 7-18-23  2.jpg

Wedding Cake on 7-18-23, stretching and throwing pistils.

Fuel D.OG

Pictures of Outside plants.
5th Fuel D.OG that didn't get picked to go in the flood and drain. The plant continues to flower and they are getting larger. It will be interesting to see how big she will get.

The wedding cake is really just starting to flower and may be still stretching.

5th FDOG 7-23-23.JPG

5th Fuel D.OG still flowering hard.

Wedding Cake 7-23-23.JPG

Wedding Cake, may still be stretching, just starting to flower.

Looking great! Keep forgetting you have the outside FD. Will be really curious on the destinction.
I like to look at it. :) I'll get a few pictures up soon of her colas a little closer.:bong: She smells nice.:cheesygrinsmiley: The wedding cake upstairs is a real stinker.:oops: She stunk in veg.:oops: and she still stinks going into flower.:rolleyes: Very skunky.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

Fuel D.OG

I remembered to take a few close ups of the 5th Fuel D.OG top colas. It's really hard to get a good picture of the inner bud, too many leaves in the way of a good focus.:rolleyes: My eyes see them fine.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

The Wedding Cake is just chugging right along.

5th FDOG 7-24-23 (1).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG this morning. Just catching those powerful rays peaking above the fence. :cheesygrinsmiley:

5th FDOG 7-24-23 (2).JPG
5th Fuel D.OG, top cola close ups. They are already sticky and have a piney smell.:cheer:

5th FDOG 7-24-23 (3).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG, top cola close ups. They are already sticky and have a piney smell.:cheer:

5th FDOG 7-24-23 (4).JPG

5th FDOG 7-24-23 (5).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG, First sun rays of the morning on the cola.:cheesygrinsmiley:😯

Wedding Cake July 24 (1).JPG

Wedding Cake deck plant. Stretching coming to an end, now it's time to see th flowering.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Awesome job they came out great 👍
Fuel D.OG
Harvested

DSCN4261.JPG

FDOG nugget post.jpg

I keep forgetting its only July. The FD seems to have a bit higher leaf ratio outdoors. Have you noticed any major differences at all? Can't wait to see the Wedding Cake in bloom, one of my favorite indica dominate strains.
It has plenty of leaves and I hope it uses them to build big buds. :cheesygrinsmiley: The plant looks different outside.:hmmmm: For one, as you mentioned, lots more leaves.:) It smells more piney than pungent when I brush against it.:hmmmm: I hope it finishes well, I am enjoying the hydro versions. :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I don't think I've ever smoked Wedding Cake.:hmmmm: It's a smelly plant:oops:. It smelled skunky🦨 in veg, :oops: and it still smells skunky🦨 at the beginning of flower.:rolleyes: My wife is always commenting on it.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Back
Top Bottom