Fuel D.OG, Hydroponics, By Gwhunran 2023

Fuel D.OG

Hydro grow harvested on June 27th, I think.

I've been sampling it for a while now. It's just now starting to taste good, but still has some time to finish the cure. I am getting some of the fuel taste but it's more of a piney fuel than Diesel. It hits the head and body but it's more of a narcotic buzz than a uplifting buzz. Good for relaxing.

I decided to break out the DabPress and make a little rosin from the Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG.
I used two 7gr pucks of flower in 160micron filter bags pressed at 180F/82C until finished, to make one disk of rosin.
So one disk of Fuel D.OG rosin represents 14gr buds and one disk of Acapulco Gold rosin represents 14gr buds.
The disk will be in the refrigerator for a week or so normally and then I'll switch them into parchment paper sleeve and put them in a ziploc in a tupperware in the freezer. My freezer tupperware has mucho rosin stored in it. It keeps for at least a year that way, as some of mine is older than that and still fine. These first disk will probably go straight to their own little silicone containers for smoking after a few days in the frig.

Rosin FDOG T, AG B (2).JPG

Dabpress 6ton, Rosin disk of Fuel D.OG(back), and Acapulco Gold(front). Each disk represents 14 grams of bud.

Rosin FDOG T, AG B (1).JPG

Dabpress 6ton, Rosin disk of Fuel D.OG(back), and Acapulco Gold(front). Each disk represents 14 grams of bud.

FDOG first press 14g bud.JPG

Fuel D.OG rosin, 1st press, disk represents 14gr buds.

FDOG first press 14g bud2.jpg

Fuel D.OG rosin, 1st press, disk represents 14gr buds. Close up of previous photo.

Fuel D.OG
See the harvest of the hydro Fuel D.OG on page 11.

The outside 5th Fuel DOG is continuing to build flower.

I am continuing to make rosin from the harvested hydro Fuel D.OG. I sort my buds by size so the last jars are the designated rosin jars. Both the Fuel D.OG and Acapulco Gold are turning out to be good rosin makers.

5th Fuel D.OG 7-28-23 (2).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG. 7-28-23

5th Fuel D.OG 7-28-23 (1).JPG

5th Fuel D.OG. 7-28-23

Fuel D.OG hydro harvest page 11.

Outside, 5th Fuel D.OG

Plants chugging right along. Colas are building nicely and smell mostly piney at the moment.

DSCN4556.JPG

Outside 5th Fuel D.OG 7-31-23

DSCN4551.JPG

DSCN4552.JPG

DSCN4553.JPG

DSCN4555.JPG

Amazing grow homie!! fat, frosty, and dense buds... :passitleft: and now outdoor, this promise!! :ganjamon:
Thank you, :) I am already consuming the hydro harvest, not finished curing but good enough.:rolleyes: You guys hit the nail on the head with your description of it's effect.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheer: It is very relaxing.:cough: :cheesygrinsmiley: The aromas are still changing so I'm not sure of it's cure finish smell and taste.:hmmmm: I am very happy with the rosin production.:) I haven't tried it yet, I like to let it sit for a while in the fridge first. It won't be long. :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Thank you, :) I am already consuming the hydro harvest, not finished curing but good enough.:rolleyes: You guys hit the nail on the head with your description of it's effect.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheer: It is very relaxing.:cough: :cheesygrinsmiley: The aromas are still changing so I'm not sure of it's cure finish smell and taste.:hmmmm: I am very happy with the rosin production.:) I haven't tried it yet, I like to let it sit for a while in the fridge first. It won't be long. :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Speaking of rosin production, i've been meaning to ask you what you'd recommend. I want to get a rosin press for my FD I'm just not sure what you really need to get started. I was looking at a 10 ton hydraulic with a 5.5 x 7 inch plate I think that was around 400 bucks. I think they are even a sponsor here. Really wouldn't want to spend any more than that. Got any recommendations?

Nope I was wrong. It looks like it was an upgraded 6 ton press by Dabpress with dual heated 3 x5 inch plates for around 400.
I'm using the Dabpress 6t and am happy with it. I think @DeltaDubie is running the next size up Dabpress with a pressure gauge. Mine came as a full kit. I believe Delta had to buy the pump with gauge separate.
If I were to get good harvest on each tray, I would end up pressing about a third of it and doing four grows a year. Two at time, I would end up pressing about 1.3lbs each year. It keeps perfectly in the freezer. I put the disk in a parchment paper sleeve then put them in a ziploc by strain and put the ziploc in a tupperware, then into the freezer. I keep my silicone containers containing a disk of each strain in the fridge for consumption.
I think I paid about what you shared for the 6ton.
If I was pressing any more, then I think I would get the upgrade. If you are pressing about the same or less, the 6 ton will get it done. If you've got plenty of disposable income, I would get the one with the gauge, It should shorten the learning curve.

Things you'll need : and I'll forget some things.
  • filter bags
  • a mold for shrinking the flower down to fit in the filter bag
  • scale to weigh the flower and get the proper amount to put in the mold.
  • silicone mats, it's very sticky, especially when at room temp. or warmer. It's easier to handle out of fridge or freezer
  • rosin tools, like dental tools and having at least one silicone tipped tool helps too, rosin doesn't stick to it.
  • parchment paper- it's sold in the bake area of the grocery store like aluminum foil or wax paper.
  • Delta uses a cold plate, I get by just putting it in the fridge to cool down before trying to get it off the parchment paper.
I'm sure there's more, but I'm blank now.:rolleyes:

I'm using the Dabpress 6t and am happy with it. I think @DeltaDubie is running the next size up Dabpress with a pressure gauge. Mine came as a full kit. I believe Delta had to buy the pump with gauge separate.
If I were to get good harvest on each tray, I would end up pressing about a third of it and doing four grows a year. Two at time, I would end up pressing about 1.3lbs each year. It keeps perfectly in the freezer. I put the disk in a parchment paper sleeve then put them in a ziploc by strain and put the ziploc in a tupperware, then into the freezer. I keep my silicone containers containing a disk of each strain in the fridge for consumption.
If I was pressing any more, then I think I would get the upgrade. If you are pressing about the same or less, the 6 ton will get it done. If you've got plenty of disposable income, I would get the one with the gauge, It should shorten the learning curve.

• filter bags
  • silicone mats, it's very sticky, especially when at room temp. or warmer. It's easier to handle out of fridge or freezer
  • rosin tools, like dental tools and having at least one silicone tipped tool helps too, rosin doesn't stick to it.
  • parchment paper- it's sold in the bake area of the grocery store like aluminum foil or wax paper.
  • Delta uses a cold plate, I get by just putting it in the fridge to cool down before trying to get it off the parchment paper.
Awesome! No that amount sounds about right per year or so. I went ahead and ordered the 6 ton bundle kit. I think it comes with 20 bags, a round mold, and a few other things. I think even a tool although I have a dab tool laying around somewhere. Got the scale and parchment paper so should be set. The press will be here on Tuesday so we shall see.

Awesome! No that amount sounds about right per year or so. I went ahead and ordered the 6 ton bundle kit. I think it comes with 20 bags, a round mold, and a few other things. I think even a tool although I have a dab tool laying around somewhere. Got the scale and parchment paper so should be set. The press will be here on Tuesday so we shall see.
get the 10 tonn 5x3 .. and the pump with guage.. get the rectangular pre mold .. and a cold plate..

well worth the extra ..

• filter bags

just want to point out i can press 1/2 pound of flower into rosin and smoke in a month, its too tasty

I think you'll be happy with it. Just remember to press very very slowly and let the heated plates do their job while your squeezing. I just barely press on the handle. Right before you bottom out, it gets harder to press the handle. Keep going slowly until it bottoms out and stop. I blew a seal on my jack by pressing too hard, trying to get the last bit. Dabpress sent me another, no charge, and didn't make me send in the busted jack.
When I first started I was going too fast and depending too much on my arm and shoulder to to the pressing. I blew a few filter bags. (material escapes the bag and gets in your clean rosin. Doesn't hurt it, but we spent the time and money to raise the flower, so let's get the best product we can, huh.

Outside 5th Fuel D.OG and deck Wedding Cake.

It's rained the last couple of days and as is my practice, I'll grab the tomato cage around the 5th Fuel D.OG and give it vigorous shakes to get some of the water off the buds. After that I go to individual stalks and grab them below the bud and shake them a little too. Have any of you guys took out the leaf blower and blown the plant from a distance? It looks like it would work. :hmmmm:
It left my hands sticky and after going in the house and stopping by the wife's office, she's questioning why I smell so strongly of weed. :hmmmm: :rolleyes: It's triching up nicely.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Concerning Fuel D.OG. I've been having a difficult time with the Crohns lately and the Fuel D.OG buds grown in hydro are really amazing at shutting down my nausea, better than most weed. It doesn't last that long, but I can repeat the dose as often as necessary. :bong: :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Wedding Cake is just now really getting started in flowering but has stopped stretching.

Fuel D.OG 8-4-23.JPG

Fuel D.OG, 8-4-23

Wedding Cake 8-4-23.JPG

Wedding Cake, 8-4-23

and the Fuel D.OG buds grown in hydro are really amazing at shutting down my nausea, better than most weed
Good to hear!
Have you tried any of its parent strains for that?
I think you said you like variety, so I'm wondering if they would give you a good starting point to find other strains that work for you.

i only grew one plant of wedding cake .. from one seed. the plant look great .. weed joints smoke nice with different
after taste and smell in house when i come back in nice..

but this wedding cake did not produce rosin for me very little out put..

back to the Do si dos :)

Good to hear!
Have you tried any of its parent strains for that?
I think you said you like variety, so I'm wondering if they would give you a good starting point to find other strains that work for you.
Chemdog (Sour Diesel x OG Kush) and Fuel OG (Diesel x HeadBand).
Parents of Fuel D.OG above

Of the parents, I've grown OG Kush and smoked Headband once. Most strains help with nausea, but the Fuel D.OG is the best of all I've tried so far. The Crohns is at horrible stage at the moment. I actually have two different auto-immune conditions and take Humira once a week. My usual progression is right before my shot, the Crohns gets worse and after the shot it gets better for a few days. When it's good, life is mostly normal. The last few weeks it hasn't gotten much better even with the shot. When my intestines get inflamed, stuff stops moving and the pain starts.
When we were discussing your planned grows, I'd mentioned that I was going to grow Sour Diesel and while I was searching for seeds, I came across Fuel D.OG and picked it instead. I will probably try to grow Sour Diesel or Chemdawg sometime in the future. Nothing wrong with OG Kush, It's the only strain I've grown twice. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

i only grew one plant of wedding cake .. from one seed. the plant look great .. weed joints smoke nice with different
after taste and smell in house when i come back in nice..

but this wedding cake did not produce rosin for me very little out put..

back to the Do si dos :)
The outside Fuel D.OG is only there because the person who usually takes my extra plants that won't fit in the Flood and Drain, declined to take plants this year. So, rather than throwing it out, I decided to grow it in soil. The Wedding Cake was a planned deck plant grow outside, I was give one female photoperiod seed and thought it would be a good one to grow. The Wedding Cake is the smelliest plant I've grown. Just go out onto the deck and you can smell it. It stunk in veg too. The outside Fuel D.OG smells a little if you get close, but today I was holding onto the stems and giving the colas a shake, not even touching the flowers to get some of the water off the buds. I came back in the house and stopped by the wife's office before going about my business. A few moments after I walked off, she called to me and wanted to know why I stunk so much of weed. Touching not smoking. :oops: :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

Fuel D.OG hydro harvest on page 11.

Outside 5th Fuel D.OG is still flowering nicely. The hydro plants finished earlier than expected, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one is ready in September. We're supposed to get severe weather later, fingers crossed. At least it's tied down good. @Melville Hobbes

The Wedding Cake on the deck has really just started flowering, but shes on her way now.

5th Fuel DOG 8-7-23 (2).JPG

Outside 5th Fuel D.OG, 8-7-23

5th Fuel DOG 8-7-23 (1).JPG

Outside 5th Fuel D.OG, 8-7-23

Wedding Cake 8-7-23 (2).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, 8-7-23

Wedding Cake 8-7-23 (3).JPG

Deck Wedding Cake, 8-7-23

Back
Top Bottom