Doob's DP Fem Blueberry!

Pics of Day 70 chop!

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

:allgood:

Nice buds you got there dude,is that little purple on those buds? I also see a lot of white hairs on them not a lot of orange/brown. You know i still havent heard someone say that the buds smell like berries,wonder why...i heard they have to be toped in order for them to reach full ripness.

Hey, man. Yeah, lots of white pistils...it had me worried because all of the trichomes were milky-white/opaque, and there were only a few brown pistils. I chose to chop using the resin glands as my guide, and I've decided that pistil color truly has nothing to do with the proper time for harvest. As Akorn has noted, the colors of the pistils merely indicates that the time for ripeness is near.

Edit: I noted small hints of purple...that's interesting!

Thanks, mate! Next time I will attempt to improve my picture-taking skills and include more views of the entire plant. I just love taking macros, though. :)

Everyone stay tuned for a smoke report soon! And watch out for my yet-to-be-posted mid-flowering report on Dutch Passion's Femenized Power Plant. :bong:

Hey, man. Yeah, lots of white pistils...it had me worried because all of the trichomes were milky-white/opaque, and there were only a few brown pistils. I chose to chop using the resin glands as my guide, and I've decided that pistil color truly has nothing to do with the proper time for harvest. As Akorn has noted, the colors of the pistils merely indicates that the time for ripeness is near.

Edit: I noted small hints of purple...that's interesting!

All the white pistils turn red/orange when they are dried and cured so no worries!

Thanks for the reassurance, beensmokin! I can already validate your statement because I see the pistils turning colors as they dry. I wonder if the blueberry will cure to "shades of lavender" as marketed by Dutch Passion.

Can I make a suggestion here. So many growers are so keen to harvest that they hang on that old adage of harvesting when 75% of pistils have turned brown. Fuck that! Wait till ALL your pistils have turned brown. There is no dimunition of potency to do this, and your yield and quality of smoke will increase profoundly. That's why I always let my flowers go the extra 10 days - just as Arjan from Greenhouse recommends.
In that extra 10 days, the plant does an amazing transition. All the calyxes swell as if they were seeded, and resin production is maximal. The buds ripen.
Picking plants when 75% of pistils are brown is like picking a green Jonathon apple and expecting it to taste like a red apple. Let your fruit ripen my friend. I know this goes against conventional thinking, but trust me, you will never go back once you have seen "ripe" buds.

Excellent! I'll test it out with my power plant, which will be ready shortly. :)

Good to hear, berrydizzle! I checked out the buds, and they look quite silverish with all the trichomes. Reminds me of super silver haze somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom