Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

Shroomies are doing great. Much bigger fruits than the jar cakes, although the jar cakes were nice to start with. I'll try to get a pic as soon as I'm caught up on things here today.

Plants.....dunno. The light schedule got a full days' interruption, hopefully that won't make a big diff.
Just praying we have no more outages with the upcoming crap. There were 300 crews out there in the last 24 hours trying to clean up fallen trees that took out power lines. Weird thing is, there was only 3 or 4 inches of snow. It was just heavy azzed chit.

How is it going in Chicago @CaptainLucky ?
Fingers crossed for the Ladies. Glad the shrooms are unscathed.

We lucked out in my neighbor hood.....rain and heavy winds. Minor coastal flooding with heavy flooding to my north from snow covered ground and heavy rain. Streams and rivers are crazy.

Stay safe....I think theres another heavy hitter headed our way next week.

Shroomies are doing great. Much bigger fruits than the jar cakes, although the jar cakes were nice to start with. I'll try to get a pic as soon as I'm caught up on things here today.

Plants.....dunno. The light schedule got a full days' interruption, hopefully that won't make a big diff.
Just praying we have no more outages with the upcoming crap. There were 300 crews out there in the last 24 hours trying to clean up fallen trees that took out power lines. Weird thing is, there was only 3 or 4 inches of snow. It was just heavy azzed chit.

How is it going in Chicago @CaptainLucky ?
Nothing here yet but Friday is when. CL🍀

Update 1-11-24: Blue Meanies' dub tub

The tallest one is about 4" right now. These are much larger than the jar cake shrooms and they haven't opened the veils yet. A little bit of fuzzy feet, wondering if that wasn't due to the power outage with no air circulation in there. Dunno, but it's not bad.

Also, remember the APE jar from way last November? I have not given up. That was mixed into substrate a couple weeks ago and it's spreading little by little. I've read that some strains can take a couple months, so I will just keep it in there covered loosely with black plastic to keep it dark, and hope for something. Maybe by Summer..... 😆

The tallest one is about 4" right now. These are much larger than the jar cake shrooms and they haven't opened the veils yet. A little bit of fuzzy feet, wondering if that wasn't due to the power outage with no air circulation in there. Dunno, but it's not bad.

Also, remember the APE jar from way last November? I have not given up. That was mixed into substrate a couple weeks ago and it's spreading little by little. I've read that some strains can take a couple months, so I will just keep it in there covered loosely with black plastic to keep it dark, and hope for something. Maybe by Summer..... 😆

Lookin great! You not only have a green thumb.....You have a purple thumb too.

Blue Meanies resemble Purple Mystic when they first appear. CL🍀. :surf::woohoo:

Well, I guess we have to say now and again that it can't all be success.
The recent processed birdseed jars have cobweb molding starting on the top. And, some of the seeds appear to be sprouting.
Does this mean they weren't cooked long enough?
Yes possible didn't cook long enough maybe. I pc my grain jars @ 15 psi for 2 hours and then let it sit overnight usually.

Well, I guess we have to say now and again that it can't all be success.
The recent processed birdseed jars have cobweb molding starting on the top. And, some of the seeds appear to be sprouting.
Does this mean they weren't cooked long enough?
Sounds like not enough heat and time. When PC at 15psi, you're reaching temps of about 250 freedoms. Regular steam is only 212.

Thanks guys! I am going to try again today. Pretty sure I didn't do the pressure cooker for long enough. It was a busy day and things just kept going haywire. I'll throw the old seed outside and sterilize the jars again before starting.

Good news is, there are 3 shoeboxes with great mycelium and little balls going on now. In a few days I may go into fruiting conditions with them. Woo Hoo
Ape is still going slowly, but still going.

Whatever environment you got the first flush just continue that direction. Now those aborts.... those little jewels are strong!! They are full strength. Great for tea!! Some people toss them. Make sure your substrate is thoroughly hydrated or whatever and pop that sucker right back to where it was before!!! Happy Wednesday!! Rock and Roll!! 😎✌️🎸

Whatever environment you got the first flush just continue that direction. Now those aborts.... those little jewels are strong!! They are full strength. Great for tea!! Some people toss them. Make sure your substrate is thoroughly hydrated or whatever and pop that sucker right back to where it was before!!! Happy Wednesday!! Rock and Roll!! 😎✌️🎸
Thanks! I removed several of the aborts and they are drying.

I have two tubs of Tidal Wave that are now showing lots of little pins. They have gone into the Ecosphere as Dub Tubs. Should be seeing lots of shrooms in there by the weekend, or during the weekend. :yahoo:

Ya know....I've been trying to get Uncle Ben's brown rice here locally for the past two months. It's always out of stock.
I tried on a whim today with a grocery delivery and snagged two bags of it. Some other mushroom growers were sleeping on the job. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom