Let's Give Pan Cyan And JMF A Spotlight

Thank you for stopping by @BeccaBuds

I mixed the substrate on Feb. 24th and I noticed the first pinning on the 7th of March.
Basically about two weeks from substrate to mycelium growth to pinning.

I have a APE and Red Boy in 32oz. Rye grain jars as of the 9th.
I received 15 jars of Rye grain and I can't refrigerate all of them, so I am inoculating more than I should be.

The grain jar with Pan Cyan has kind of stalled at about 60% percent colonized with little or no change over the last few days. I did a shake and break with an earlier grain jar of Pan Cyan that still has not recovered.

TR

I understanded it is a difficult spore to cultivate and I am determined to bring this one to fruit. I need to do some research and fine out what prime conditions are. I seem to have issues getting beyond the mycelium growth stage. It gets to 60 - 65 % colonization and seems to stop. The mycelium is thick, just not spreading.

Where did you find the cooler temperature reading?
Maybe that's where I am having a fruiting issue.

Tok..

Just a couple images of this morning results

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends.
Tok..
Nice tub of shrooms!
I was looking around the net this morning with my cuppa investigating mycelium growth stopping. I keep coming up with poor gas exchange in the jars. I'm wondering if that's what kept happening with my APE.

I'm going to pay closer attention to how I put my lids on the jars when I process them. A lot of people put the mason jar lid (flat piece) on the jar upside down and then put the ring on. This is supposed to allow better gas exchange. I did that with my jars a couple months ago.
In addition to the holes in the lid covered with micropore tape or whatever is being used.

I may have had the tin foil too tight on the jars also. This would restrict the gas exchange. The tin foil is really only to prevent water dripping onto the top of the jar, which could seep into the jar through the micropore tape or polyester stickers over the holes causing too much moisture in the jar during processing.

I understand exactly what you mean @Lady Cannafan , I am having the same issue with my first jar of Pan Cyan. I did the shake and break and it never really re-colonized, by there is a golf ball size piece of mycelium in the center. @BeccaBuds mentioned that Pan Cyan requires lower temperature to fruit, so I am going to dig deep of growing Pan Cyan and I will tag you with my info. Just incase there is any other similarities.

My second jar is about 60 to 65% colonized and I don't want to do a shake and break until I have answers. At least the mycelium is getting thicker.

I understand exactly what you mean @Lady Cannafan , I am having the sample issue with my first jar of Pan Cyan. I did the shake and break and it never really re-colonized, by there is a golf ball size piece of mycelium in the center. @BeccaBuds mentioned that Pan Cyan requires lower temperature to fruit, so I am going to dig deep of growing Pan Cyan and I will tag you with my info. Just incase there is any other similarities.

My second jar is about 60 to 65% colonized and I don't want to do a shake and break until I have answers. At least the mycelium is getting thicker.
If you find out anything worthy, be sure to tag me. I appreciate that.
I have two or three jars of Pan Cyan that I just inoculated a few days ago.

Looking great tokin 🤩.... I haven't mastered plants yet ...... otherwise growing these mushies looks fun.

Are these of the mentally visual sort or food?

I'd love to try growing some Cyanescens but maintaining the lower 50-60F fruiting temps would be challenging for me.
You definitely DON'T need temps that low. 70-80f works just fine!! Give it a shot. Wayyyy stronger than cubensis!! Happy Friday to you!! Would love to see you poppin some cyan in the future!! 😎✌️

f you take 4 grams you may well grow not only wings, but jet engines as well! Low & slow until you establish tolerance & dosage. 0.5g is a typical microdose.
That's funny I retired from the U.S. Navy and I worked on the flightdeck of Aircraft Carriers, I will feel right at home. :rofl:
But, thank you and I will heed your waring and go a little easier.

You definitely DON'T need temps that low. 70-80f works just fine!! Give it a shot. Wayyyy stronger than cubensis!! Happy Friday to you!! Would love to see you poppin some cyan in the future!! 😎✌️
How have you been @Scottay

Just finished harvesting my JMF which turned out really well and plentiful. I made some nice spore prints also. Right now I need to grow three different mushrooms and get one harvest and take prints, before my syringes get old. I keep those and the rye grain jars in a refrigerator, so they store longer.

Right now I have JMF ready to be re-hydrated, APE and Red Boy inoculated in Rye grain jars, and Pan Cyan that seems to have stalled at about 65% colonization.

Here are some of the last images from the first tub of JMF.

Time for a dunk.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Hey there Tokin!! Happy Sunday! Everything is looking fine in your tubs!! Nice spore prints too!! You're rockin and rollin!! 😎✌️

No images, but I dunked the JMF cake yesterday; to try and get another harvest.

On Saturday my son and I did a couple grams of JMF. My son did two grams and I did three. I was pleasantly surprise at the high I had with just 3 grams. My son kept saying how high he was with just taking such a small amount (2 grams). On three grams I experienced heighten color and visual stimulation. My son did not mention it, but I had mild hallucination also. Like stadium seating in my garage and I blinked my eyes and everything look cubistic which was wild.

You might say we bought in St. Patrick Day riding the rainbow. The event lasted about 5 hours, so I am totally happy with the results.

Tok..

edit: Until the next trip.

Well the JMF is starting to come back after her dunk.
I am going to play with JMF until my Red Boy and APE show up for the party.

Here are a couple current images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
They are reaching up like Arnold Horshack on an old "Welcome back Kotter" show waving his hand in the air. "Pick me! Oo ooh Pick me!"

Back
Top Bottom