Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

Lady Cannafan,

Can you post a picture of the lighting in the ecoshere? I think my recent grows may have too much light.....my golden teachers are lacking in size. I read too much light might be the culprit. Thank you
I will try to get a pic for you. I just last night put up the LED strip that came with the Ecosphere, and I have it set on a timer which is also provided with the kit. For the moment I have it set for 12/12, but I'm going to read up a little and see if I should change that. There is a small window behind it as well, but I might just black that off and use the LED light strips with the timer only. 🍄

I will try to get a pic for you. I just last night put up the LED strip that came with the Ecosphere, and I have it set on a timer which is also provided with the kit. For the moment I have it set for 12/12, but I'm going to read up a little and see if I should change that. There is a small window behind it as well, but I might just black that off and use the LED light strips with the timer only. 🍄
12/12 is good

I have to say, that Monsoon Humidifier is sweeeet! After I got it hooked up, I watched those little misty billows of moisture being swirled around the green house with the help of the fan from the climate control unit. This sets my mind at ease on one more thing I had worried on, how to keep the proper humidity during the winter months when the air in the house is drier.
Lovin' it!

It took some tweaking with the control button on the Humidity unit, but we are maintaining between 75 and 85% humidity in the Ecosphere 3.0. Per the instruction guidelines, I set the unit to come on for 30 minutes every two hours. I may adjust that to every 3 hours.
You can see the mist in the pic below. It definitely rotates around in there and falls all the way to the bottom shelf.
On the substrate jars, according to the guide you can remove the tin foil top if you aren't going to plan on handling the jars much, otherwise leave the tin foil on and make a little dome out of it for gas exchange. I found the tin foil to limit my view of the jar and it wasn't pretty to look at (LOL), so I put plastic lids on them. These lids came from the tops of cookie containers.

So, about the cookies.....a story.....
There was a fellow at work who used to drop off these little containers of cookies on my work station, almost every day. I got a little nervous about the possibility of him making his "move" soon and had been pondering how to handle that. I am a firm believer in the old saying "you don't Sh*t where you eat". Dating in the workplace...no no no.
After about a month he finally made his move and invited me to dinner at his place. I responded:
"I need to give you full disclosure and tell you that I have not had good luck dating with my bipolar disorder. Please give me a little time to think about this and I will let you know."
I never got cookies again.

It took some tweaking with the control button on the Humidity unit, but we are maintaining between 75 and 85% humidity in the Ecosphere 3.0. Per the instruction guidelines, I set the unit to come on for 30 minutes every two hours. I may adjust that to every 3 hours.
You can see the mist in the pic below. It definitely rotates around in there and falls all the way to the bottom shelf.
On the substrate jars, according to the guide you can remove the tin foil top if you aren't going to plan on handling the jars much, otherwise leave the tin foil on and make a little dome out of it for gas exchange. I found the tin foil to limit my view of the jar and it wasn't pretty to look at (LOL), so I put plastic lids on them. These lids came from the tops of cookie containers.

So, about the cookies.....a story.....
There was a fellow at work who used to drop off these little containers of cookies on my work station, almost every day. I got a little nervous about the possibility of him making his "move" soon and had been pondering how to handle that. I am a firm believer in the old saying "you don't Sh*t where you eat". Dating in the workplace...no no no.
After about a month he finally made his move and invited me to dinner at his place. I responded:
"I need to give you full disclosure and tell you that I have not had good luck dating with my bipolar disorder. Please give me a little time to think about this and I will let you know."
I never got cookies again.
I had a girlfriend that was bi-polar and she was such a sweetheart. But Omg 😳 she made my life very interesting when she wouldn’t take her meds.lol CL🍀

UPDATE: After a brief power outage here, I went to check that all the equipment was up and running in the shroom room. While I was there, I took one of the substrate jars out and inspected one injection site with a jewelers loop through the glass. My eye was greeted by a nice tiny mass of white fuzz. That means rhizomorphic growth has begun. I'm excited! 🤞

UPDATE: After a brief power outage here, I went to check that all the equipment was up and running in the shroom room. While I was there, I took one of the substrate jars out and inspected one injection site with a jewelers loop through the glass. My eye was greeted by a nice tiny mass of white fuzz. That means rhizomorphic growth has begun. I'm excited! 🤞
Keep a wary eye on it. Does it look like mycelium spreading?
Could you send some pics if you’re able to please?

Keep a wary eye on it. Does it look like mycelium spreading?
Could you send some pics if you’re able to please?
It looks like Mycelium spreading to me, based on what I've seen in photos. It's a bright white and fuzzy, what it's supposed to be. Right?
Tomorrow I will try to set up an extreme close up for you. It was only one jar I had checked, there may be others with more pronounced visual. 🍄

It looks like Mycelium spreading to me, based on what I've seen in photos. It's a bright white and fuzzy, what it's supposed to be. Right?
Tomorrow I will try to set up an extreme close up for you. It was only one jar I had checked, there may be others with more pronounced visual. 🍄
Lol bright white and fuzzy is good up to a point. Fuzzy will come to be your worse enemy as time goes by, one of the first symptoms of contagion.

It should firm up over the next few days, maybe too much moisture if it stays fuzzy. Just be vigilant 🤘

Lol bright white and fuzzy is good up to a point. Fuzzy will come to be your worse enemy as time goes by, one of the first symptoms of contagion.

It should firm up over the next few days, maybe too much moisture if it stays fuzzy. Just be vigilant 🤘
Gotcha. I'm going to adjust that humidity again, just to be cautious. I should be able to get a pic tomorrow. I checked several other jars a bit ago and they have the same going on. It's spreading in tiny itty bitty thin tendrils. The only thing that I can compare it to is cobwebs. LOL

Gotcha. I'm going to adjust that humidity again, just to be cautious. I should be able to get a pic tomorrow. I checked several other jars a bit ago and they have the same going on. It's spreading in tiny itty bitty thin tendrils. The only thing that I can compare it to is cobwebs. LOL
Lol. I hate to scare you but there is such a thing as cobweb mould, it spreads rapidly so you should know by morning

But at this stage just sounds like good old fashioned mycelium 🫶🤘🙏

Thanks for the info cause I thought it was good if fuzzy. Like what I get on top 🔝 of my soil when I add Myco, Frass and Bokashi. CL🍀

Thanks for the info cause I thought it was good if fuzzy. Like what I get on top 🔝 of my soil when I add Myco, Frass and Bokashi. CL🍀
That’s the annoying thing with mould and fungus.

Blue and yellow tinges are ok as long as they don’t look slimy. White is ok as long as it’s not powdery or cobweb looking. Pink and black also bad

Back
Top Bottom