Off season Outdoor growing?

NDERGROUND

so a buddy of mine has a little set up growing indoors and a yard that he grew some outdoors last season. he's vegging some plants right now and had the idea of putting a couple plants outdoors soon. i said 'but its winter, the days are too short, it'll go straight into flower'... so? the plants will be vegged for at least a month already and big enough to switch. we live in so-cal and we will still get bright sun off and on through the winter and it rarely freezes... maybe we'll get one light frost and that's about it... today is winter solstice so if he gets them out soon they should finish before the days get long enough to confuse it back to veg or anything, right?

any reason this is a bad idea? of course they wont be like the summer outdoor crop but they should do okay huh? if anything it should prove an interesting experiment as i haven't seen anyone else do it....

As long as they get far enough into flower before the days get long again, you won't have a problem. I've flowered outdoor plants in the spring, that finished in the middle of summer... In South East Texas... It can be done.

If bottom tempretures will go under 15 degrees celcius ....your plant will go on strike.....it will stop functioning ....but if you could build a nifty system to keep that soil temp up, you will have a good chance your experiment succseeds.:thumb:

If bottom tempretures will go under 15 degrees celcius ....your plant will go on strike.....it will stop functioning ....but if you could build a nifty system to keep that soil temp up, you will have a good chance your experiment succseeds.:thumb:

15c? thats only 59f. thats not very cold, it will get colder than that every night fursure, and half the time it will stay under all day. but thats the first time i've heard that tidbit, i think it varies a lot strain to strain. these are hardy little plants that want to live, i think they can take weather in the 50's. maybe they will slow down a bit... indicas are more cold tolerant than sativas, right? he's got too many little plants going under his little 250w MH anyway, so it makes since to stick a couple outside to see what they do.

Back
Top Bottom