Tangerine Dream Autoflower

GPCannabis

Hello everyone đź‘‹

Second grow journal here. Honestly, this will be tough to manage as I have what we think is an auto inflammatory/autoimmune disease, good days are manageable, bad days I am hanging on.

Tangerine Dream is a plant that caught my eye, being described as a more energetic and cerebral Blue Dream, I had to grow one. Blue Dream has been my favorite…not sure why I have not grown it…

Germinated, popped, out of soil in like 36 hours. 4 TD seeds prior failed.

Soil: Fox Farms Happy Frog.

Fertilizer: Will be Fox Farms Big Bloom until flower, then I need to switch to lower nitrogen.

Not sure which tent this will land in, everything I have read, from all seed banks, say 60-70 day total life span, 350-500 grams for indoor.

My hope is LST early, control all growth, all branches, make an even canopy of all branches prior to pistils.

Well, this shall be fun

G & P ✌🏻

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3439.jpeg

Tangerine Dream front and center.

I really hope she and her 5 friends make it!

Tangerine Dream was the first seed I wanted to grow. I found it as I searched for strains similar to Blue Dream (why the F haven’t I grown Blue Dream yet?) but stronger. This is said to be a more cerebral BD at 24%.

Being an auto flower I have no clue what to expect. For those of you that grow Autoflowers, I welcome the advice 🙏

IMG_3557.jpeg

I don't grow auto's so I won't be much help but @Jon grows killers autos routinely like its nothing. He like to train them in a style he invented called "Sombrero Training" which is essentially topping above node 4 and then training the lowers out in a ring around the main two colas.

He describes it in some detail starting in This post. If you're not already following his thread and you grow auto's, you should be.

Hello đź‘‹

Been away from home so someone else is watching my plants. There was confusion on instructions, little Tangerine Dream was just about killed!

She started showing pistils 2 days before leaving town, but got a combo of drowning and starving…dont ask 🤦‍♂️

Anyways, water and nutes are correct, lets hope this little girl can get moving. Once home I am going to do a clean up of the brown leaves, get it clean and healthy.

Anyone have recommendations for topping an autoflower? especially one so small and with issues right out of the gates?

I will get better pics asap.

71302446593__D5469407-99E4-40A6-89AB-C4638876E574.jpeg

IMG_4050.jpeg

71302407142__F45FC7AF-96E8-4428-A8FF-D78852560ACC.jpeg

Anyone have recommendations for topping an autoflower?

Yes - do it as soon as you can get your snippers in there and take care to just take the tip out, not the side shoots
Be careful not to FIM autos
What node do you prefer? Topping over LST?

What does FIM stand for?

🙏

If anyone actually reads this, I am copying this first intro to my three current grow journals. Been a hell of a time since I have been able to think about anything other than working, not being sick, and going to Doctors.

Officially have been diagnosed with Non Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis. It is both autoimmune and auto inflammatory, starts in the spine, moves to the axis (hips, si joints, shoulders). Been a hell of a 30/40 days.

The plants however have not been neglected. Sorry I missed a 25 day window of growth!

Tangerine Dream!

I switched to 12/12 lighting on August 18th.
This plant has grown and grown! I topped it to node 6, the bottom two nodes were really undeveloped, wasnt sure if they would produce. Seems like all six branches are going to give a god amount.

The plant is currently about 48” tall, flowering beautifully, literally smells like tangerines and grapefruits. The leaves are lanky, totally different than the past plants I have grown. Lots of THC spreading out to even the fan leaves. Sugar Leaves are popping up, and are wide, thick, and curling up.

Check out pics from the last 30 days, I will do my best to stay updated here.

I tried to line up pics newest to oldst.

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

IMG_4639.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4543.jpeg

IMG_4542.jpeg

Plants are looking good! Sorry to hear of your health issues.

If I haven't already suggested it, add some CBD strains to your mix for the inflammation issues.
Yo! Is what it is, good news is I am getting somewhere. With days of the best meds available 🤙🏻

I love mixing in CBD strains. We have chat before, can’t remember if I asked:

What strains of CBD Flower do you like?
What seed bank do you use?

My next grow is going to be Josh Blues Mayberry and Lemon Berry Shake Up, LBSU is 1:1 CBD:THC, he says it will test out between 8-15%.

I've recently switched from ACDC to Strawberry CBD from WSE, though I'm moving over to their Blueberry CBD because the latter has many more terpines, all of which bring more medicinal value to the table.

It's a 15% CBD and less than 1% THC strain which I prefer to a mixed strain because that gives me the most flexibility when mixing with say a high CBG or high THC strain. So I can create a 1:1 mix, but can also do any other combination based on what's called for.

So, if you grow a high THC / low CBD strain in addition to a high CBD / low THC one you get to create your own mixes which you can change at any time when you consume it. If you grow a fixed ratio strain, that ratio is pretty much what you're stuck with.

About a week since the last TD update.

This plant is growing beautifully. I have been pruning off all fan leaves once there is enough stem to easily cut. The remaining single leaf leaves and sugar leaves are covered in trichomes.

The pistils started giving color change about 3 days ago. Hoping about 3-4 left until harvest.

The aroma smells like a soft citrus fruit. Where I grew up we had tangerines and tangelos growing for miles and miles. This plant smells like those mornings. BAM smells like pure lemon citrus , TD smells like its name, tart, green leaves and skin of a tangerine or tangelo tree, in the morning, when the mist is still there and the sun light is just waking everything up. Crazy how cannabis can truly smell not only like citrus, but varying forms of citrus.

More to come 🤙🏻
IMG_4686.jpeg

IMG_4907.jpeg

IMG_4906.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

IMG_4900.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom