Bud's Flowers With The Viparspectra KS5000

Looks awesome as always Buds. I can definitely see a sip in the near future.:passitleft:
SIP's are awesome ! I'll never go back to Fabric Pots on a regular basis. I'll still do a Fabric once in a while, but SIP's are the way to go. Hydro type results in a soil grow rocks my world. Who doesn't want a fool proof watering method that produces huge plants ? I mean it's so simple even a first timer can grow huge plants with ease. Kind of like plants on steroids.

That’s a great looking piece of equipment you got there Buds. I wish I had gotten one instead of my current light 💡 that doesn’t have a detachable driver.@ViparSpectra makes an amazing product. Imho CL🍀.
Yes Indeed ! I wasn't a big fan of Viparspectra before I got this KS5000. After 1 grow with it I was very impressed & that changed my mind about their lights. This light only runs about $450 so I figure anyone who buys one will easily make their monies worth back in product on their first grow. Almost like getting a Free Light.

Any reason in particular why you didn’t top or do any training? Fantastic looking garden btw. Any new music equipment purchases? lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
I didn't Top because of recovery time. Didn't want to slow down growth on a quick grow. Didn't LST / Quad-line this time because I have to squeeze 4 plants in the tent & felt there wouldn't really be room if I bushed them out as I usually do.
Music Equipment ? I'm actually trying to get a hold of someone who is selling an Epiphone Acoustic / Electric for only $200. I looked the guitar up & it runs about $550 new & it looks like it's in new condition. Decided I wanted one because I learned how to play my new favorite song.... "I Need A Favor" by Jellyroll. Also learning Blue on Black by Kenny Wayne Shepard & Saving Grace by Everlast (Theme song from the show Saving Grace). I've been getting into more acoustic music lately.
Have you heard the song "I Need A Favor" ? Watch the video & it will rip your heart out. The song has a lot more meaning once you see the video.

I didn't Top because of recovery time. Didn't want to slow down growth on a quick grow. Didn't LST / Quad-line this time because I have to squeeze 4 plants in the tent & felt there wouldn't really be room if I bushed them out as I usually do.
Music Equipment ? I'm actually trying to get a hold of someone who is selling an Epiphone Acoustic / Electric for only $200. I looked the guitar up & it runs about $550 new & it looks like it's in new condition. Decided I wanted one because I learned how to play my new favorite song.... "I Need A Favor" by Jellyroll. Also learning Blue on Black by Kenny Wayne Shepard & Saving Grace by Everlast (Theme song from the show Saving Grace). I've been getting into more acoustic music lately.
I saw KWS with Satriani and Vai, great show. I’ve been listening to a lot of John Prine lately and I was looking at this Johnny Cash model acoustic. The reviews make it sound great but Idk about synthetic wood. A buddy of mine has an Ovation balladeer that plays +sounds fantastic. I’m kind of leaning towards a used one. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the tag Buds, I always enjoy your grows!

Well most of you know me as the guy who likes to grow large plants. Yes, that is my favorite way to grow. But for this grow I just wanted to get a little variety of weed so I decided to what I consider a quick grow. 30 Days of Veg & Flip to Flower.
I am growing in the store bought GroBuckets in 5 gallon buckets. For those unfamiliar with the store bought ones, here are some pics. The 3rd pic are the actual bucket inserts I have.
17.jpg
19.jpg
18.JPG

(Pic was from a past grow) I will not be using So-Hum Soil this grow. Didn't really care for the organic grow style.

Here is how I mixed my soil for this grow. Yes, it's out of the ordinary, but I've always been one to test things out to see what happens. I used..... 2/3rds Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil mixed with 1/3rd Coarse Perlite. Then added about 1.5 teaspoons of Triple Super Phosphate per 5 gallon container of soil. I also added the recommended amount of Dynomyco to the soil. I can't remember off hand what the amount was. But I did use what the bag instructions recommended. Unfortunately, I'm currently out of it & have thrown the bag away.
20.JPG
21.JPG
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.JPG

I added the Triple Super Phosphate because I always got yellow leaves in flower. I was using extra Nitrogen, but that didn't seem to completely eliminate the yellowing so thought I'd try this out & see what happens. So far... So Good.
Hmm.. Are you sure it’s P you’re struggling with and not K? P for me usually shows as purpling on the leaves.. almost like they’re dirty in the middle.. K shows more yellow for me. Do you have any examples of what you’re talking about?

Also, that high level of P may make it difficult for your myco to take hold depending on how available it is.. myco hates available P but loves it bound up.

I use Rock Phosphate and Soft Rock Phosphate to handle my P issues.. However I reuse soils so it may be best for you to go with the higher level stuff.. Can’t wait to see how the inserts work for you, they always catch my eye at the store

It's been 12 days since I flipped to flower so I did a Pistil check at lights on today. The "Mint Kush" has the most & seems to be putting them out in more places than the other 3 right now. The "Forbidden Fruit" is right on it's ass though as I can see Pistils starting to come out from several nodes. "Apple Betty" just has the 2 hair thing going on still. I only see Pistils on the tops of the "Banana Pudding" so far.
These girls should be closing in on the end of their stretch. 3 out of 4 have about tripled in size since the flip. Wont be long till I have to tie some branches up.

Have you heard the song "I Need A Favor" ? Watch the video & it will rip your heart out. The song has a lot more meaning once you see the video.
Great song 🎶 and video, lot of truth in those lyrics too. CL🍀

Thanks for the tag Buds, I always enjoy your grows!

Hmm.. Are you sure it’s P you’re struggling with and not K? P for me usually shows as purpling on the leaves.. almost like they’re dirty in the middle.. K shows more yellow for me. Do you have any examples of what you’re talking about?

Also, that high level of P may make it difficult for your myco to take hold depending on how available it is.. myco hates available P but loves it bound up.

I use Rock Phosphate and Soft Rock Phosphate to handle my P issues.. However I reuse soils so it may be best for you to go with the higher level stuff.. Can’t wait to see how the inserts work for you, they always catch my eye at the store
Well to be honest I'm not sure if it's P or K. My go to growers (growers with at least 10 years experience) both have differing opinions. I figure there's only one way to find out. Test it myself. I do have Terpinator 0-0-4 on hand that I'll be adding around week 4 of Flower.
So far the plants have been looking pretty good. The 3 big ones drink about 1 gal. each per day & the small one takes 2 days to drink a gallon. I'm upping the nutes to 5.5 grams per gallon on the next feed. I usually don't go over 5.5 gr. but I may try 6 this go around.
I also forgot to mention that the day I flipped to flower I fed each plant (Top Feed) with a gallon of Recharge.
Like I said, I'm trying some things out of the ordinary on this grow. If it all ends up going south I'll know not to try that again.... lol. No big deal. Just plants & I can grow more. But I'll never know if it works if I don't try it... So I'll be the guinea pig so to speak. I have enough weed to lose a crop if that were to happen.

My go to growers (growers with at least 10 years experience) both have differing opinions

Oof 😂 that sucks but also at the same time gives you an excuse to buy some stuff and try something new so not all bad 😂

I’m intrigued to see how it works.. that triple phos is the only stuff I can find in stores, I had to order my Soft and Rock Phosphate online

That's what drew me to the song. That song is on Country, Rock, Alternative & Rap stations. This guy nailed it for it to be played on so many different radio stations. Funny that he's actually a rapper.
I can’t read music 🎼 so anything that I want to learn I have to either read tab or try by ear. But I’m learning to play Dream On. First time I ever heard it that song it moved me but I got the opening riff nailed after reading the tab. CL🍀

Oh, one other thing I haven't mentioned. So far this has been a "NO pH" grow. Tap Water that sits out for 24-48 hours, mix nutes & feed. Trust me, didn't want to go this route as I've always ph'd every time for the past 6 years. But for some reason my Blue Lab wont calibrate the 4.0 solution. Calibrates the 7 just fine. Tried a fresh bottle of solution but that didn't work.

Oh, one other thing I haven't mentioned. So far this has been a "NO pH" grow. Tap Water that sits out for 24-48 hours, mix nutes & feed. Trust me, didn't want to go this route as I've always ph'd every time for the past 6 years. But for some reason my Blue Lab wont calibrate the 4.0 solution. Calibrates the 7 just fine. Tried a fresh bottle of solution but that didn't work.

How old is your BL?

Never mind just read 6 years.. damn.. may be time for a new one

I can’t read music 🎼 so anything that I want to learn I have to either read tab or try by ear. But I’m learning to play Dream On. First time I ever heard it that song it moved me but I got the opening riff nailed after reading the tab. CL🍀
Tabs & Video's are the way I learn most things. I do have a lot of Guitar Lesson CD's I bought on Zon though. I use to read music when I was younger. But I only remember some of it. Once Tab came out it took over. Way easier for everyone to learn from.

How old is your BL?

Never mind just read 6 years.. damn.. may be time for a new one
No, it's my 3rd one in 6 years. First one was given to me by a friend who quit growing. 2nd & 3rd ones I bought on Zon.
This one is probably 1.5 years old. Someone said there's a battery inside & if it's weak it wont calibrate. Since it's not working anyway I may as well open her up & see. I'll do that today.

No, it's my 3rd one in 6 years. First one was given to me by a friend who quit growing. 2nd & 3rd ones I bought on Zon.
This one is probably 1.5 years old. Someone said there's a battery inside & if it's weak it wont calibrate. Since it's not working anyway I may as well open her up & see. I'll do that today.

I would definitely look into the battery.. for the price you’re paying you should get more than 1.5 years.. I’m gonna tag @seaofgreen18 he’s always recommending the Blue Lab pens, we’ll see if he has any tips

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are kind of new to the site so I'd like to introduce you all to @Preston9mm . Right now he's just been liking, but I'm sure he'll comment eventually. He was a member here when I first came to the site & he did some really great grows. Well, he was gone for a while.... but now he's back. So when he starts a journal you all might want to check it out. There were some good ones in the past that were a lot of fun like @Trala journals. Right now I think he's just getting a feel for how much the site has changed. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy his grows.

are your running all four 5 gal buckets in one 4x4 Buds ?
i've got five 5L hempys stuffed into one 4x4 and i'm thinking i should only go 4. i don't know if i could fit 4 5gal sips. would like to try the style this fall. maybe try 2.

another question - do you have a favorite bucket size for sips ? i might try smaller buckets but it would mean a faster flip, and i don't know how quick i'd run into problems. 5 gal seems to be pretty standard.

Music Equipment ? I'm actually trying to get a hold of someone who is selling an Epiphone Acoustic / Electric for only $200. I looked the guitar up & it runs about $550 new & it looks like it's in new condition.

decent guitar. mostly a jazz guitar. it's the junior guitar to the gibson, but is it's own thing. at one point they were separate companies.

i have a friend who has a couple epis.

But for some reason my Blue Lab wont calibrate the 4.0 solution. Calibrates the 7 just fine. Tried a fresh bottle of solution but that didn't work.

i quoted this for the battery issue

blue labs are pretty easy to maintain. it shouldn't be a problem. post up if there is an issue.

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are kind of new to the site so I'd like to introduce you all to @Preston9mm . Right now he's just been liking, but I'm sure he'll comment eventually. He was a member here when I first came to the site & he did some really great grows. Well, he was gone for a while.... but now he's back. So when he starts a journal you all might want to check it out. There were some good ones in the past that were a lot of fun like @Trala journals. Right now I think he's just getting a feel for how much the site has changed. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy his grows.
Hi Buds :)

P is a right grow legend. He helped me when I first joined too. Taught me about defol and how hot a Texan accent is… lol

What do you mean “were”?! My tent is still full of fun, farting and skull fuckery! Well I think it is lolling!

Oii and I got a joke for ya!

What do you call a rabbit with weed?!

BUDS BUDDYYYYYYYYYY!

🐰🪴🐰🪴🐰🪴

Back
Top Bottom