Bud's Flowers With The Viparspectra KS5000

Well..... From a business standpoint I can understand you wanting data. You want that to improve or make new products. If I had a large grow op I'd want that data too.
But in a small grow tent set up.... I find it kind of unnecessary. I did everything according to the book / manual for a while. Had all the controllers & light meter. Plants did OK. I averaged 4-6 oz. per plant.
When I stopped following the rules & experimented with higher temps & not caring about what the RH was during VEG my plants grew faster & bigger. My yields increased to 8-10 oz. per plant.
Then when I switched to SIP Planters with the higher temps my yields went up again. Now I'm averaging a pound per plant.
With that being said.... I see no use for all the fancy controllers that will get me less yield & take longer to grow.
That could all change once I move & I'm in a more humid part of the country. But where I live now... The way I'm doing things seems to work well.
As far as the manuals that are out there. I think someone needs to write new ones based on LED lighting & not MH / HPS. I feel the manuals are outdated & need revisions. The best info I've found are Dr. Bruce Bugbee videos.
There is some misunderstanding, it's not we want your data to improve new products. The data I mean is from your says "I don't know anything at all about DLI. ", and " Have no idea what my LUX is as I sold all that equipment as I never used it“, actually, I mean, it's not necessary, you also can grow without them. The book or manual only provides us with a general reference method or range. The instructions or other equipment are just aids. Some other people use it to know more about plants. We should adapt the planting method to the needs of the plant, keep tweaking, and keep trying, to grow bigger buds and get more yield.
It's chop day. It's a little bit on the early side, but really have no choice. Only have a week left till the 1st & I have to be shut down by then.... or take a chance on getting evicted. Boy oh boy, I can't wait to move & get out of this place.
Anyway, for the past 2 days I've been removing most of the fan leaves. Figured I'd post a few pics of the defoliated
plant. Easier to remove leaves while it's still a plant then it is to cut off branches & then trim. I do a final trim after I cut the branches off & then hang to dry. Right now the plant is in it's 24 hours of dark time prior to the chop. 24 hours is my minimum. Sometimes I go 48 hours & once in a while 72. Just depends on how much time I have. But this one has to come down quick so it has dry time. I want this all jarred & out of sight by the 30th. Have no idea whether or not management will want to take a look around. But if they do, I want to look like it's all good.
So here are the pics of the defoliated plant. Looks like a decent harvest.
DSCF3092.JPG
DSCF3096.JPG
DSCF3097.JPG
DSCF3098.JPG
DSCF3099.JPG
DSCF3101.JPG
DSCF3103.JPG
DSCF3104.JPG
DSCF3106.JPG
DSCF3108.JPG

Smoked the test bud I used for Trich shots. This weed has a very fruity smell & taste to it. I could taste the fruitiness all the way down to the roach. The high is more of a medium level high. Not super stony, but I nice relaxed chill type of weed. Probably would be really good when you get pissed & need to chill out type of stuff.... lol. I can use this for sure (Ha-Ha). That bud was taken about a week ago, so it may be a little more potent now.
I'll post some Trich shots when she finishes her 24 hours of darkness.
See you then !
She was a pretty heavy yielder. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom