V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

Good evening fellow farmers! Tonight I watered the ladies with 4 gallons of RO water to which I added Rootwise microbe complete and 1 tablespoon of molasses. Each pot received approximately 1 gallon. Here is a quick peek from tonight.

IMG_4081.jpeg
Forgot, I also added SNS 209 , I doubled up on it and added 1 tablespoon per gallon due to the thrips. Outdoor humidity dropped last night due to high winds... I just checked outdoor humidity is 30%. I'm heading to the grow shed to turn off AC and dehumidifier and turn on exhaust.

Here is a panoramic view from last night.

:hookah:

IMG_4090.jpeg

Hello fellow Growers! Tonight I watered the ladies, to 4 gallons of RO water I added 2 tablespoons sns-209, 1 teaspoon Rootwise microbes, 1 tablespoon molasses, 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut water, 1 teaspoon BuildaBloom. Each pot received 1 gallon.

@Gee64 I made my fungus culture for fungal dominant tea. I am brewing it right now. Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4121.jpeg
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4127.jpeg

Hello fellow Growers! Tonight I watered the ladies, to 4 gallons of RO water I added 2 tablespoons sns-209, 1 teaspoon Rootwise microbes, 1 tablespoon molasses, 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut water, 1 teaspoon BuildaBloom. Each pot received 1 gallon.

@Gee64 I made my fungus culture for fungal dominant tea. I am brewing it right now. Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4121.jpeg
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4127.jpeg
:headbanger:

IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4121.jpeg
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4127.jpeg
Awesome! I have a fungus farm that I started last week. So how much fungii dirt do you add?

Awesome! I have a fungus farm that I started last week. So how much fungii dirt do you add?
I used this batch in two buckets, approx 4 gallons RO water in each bucket. It was probably 4 or 5 cups of the fungal culture into each bucket.

I used that recipe that you posted as a guide, I used worm castings from my worm bin and also some from a store bought bag. I also used some composting leaves and dirt that I sourced from under a tree near my house. I added BuildaSoil craft blend instead of Azomite and I added Mykos wettable powder. I added 1 teaspoon of soluble kelp powder and a tablespoon of fish hydrolysate to each 4 gallons. I watched a video on making fungal dominant tea and they tested the tea for fungal activity after brewing for 24 hours and again at 48 hours, 2 different batches, one of the with a heater set at 80 degrees F. The bucket with the heater set at 80 degrees F had the most activity by far. 48 Hours also seemed to be the sweet spot. I have a aquarium heater, I put it in one of the buckets and set it at 80 degrees F.

I bought a nice shadowing microscope last month, in the future I will have it set up to check my teas and soil for Microbes and fungal activity. I have not had the time to set it up yet, another rabbit hole...

I forgot to add that my microscope has a camera, so I will be able to post pictures or videos.

I used this batch in two buckets, approx 4 gallons RO water in each bucket. It was probably 4 or 5 cups of the fungal culture into each bucket.

I used that recipe that you posted as a guide, I used worm castings from my worm bin and also some from a store bought bag. I also used some composting leaves and dirt that I sourced from under a tree near my house. I added BuildaSoil craft blend instead of Azomite and I added Mykos wettable powder. I added 1 teaspoon of soluble kelp powder and a tablespoon of fish hydrolysate to each 4 gallons. I watched a video on making fungal dominant tea and they tested the tea for fungal activity after brewing for 24 hours and again at 48 hours, 2 different batches, one of the with a heater set at 80 degrees F. The bucket with the heater set at 80 degrees F had the most activity by far. 48 Hours also seemed to be the sweet spot. I have a aquarium heater, I put it in one of the buckets and set it at 80 degrees F.

I bought a nice shadowing microscope last month, in the future I will have it set up to check my teas and soil for Microbes and fungal activity. I have not had the time to set it up yet, another rabbit hole...
Awesome post!👊 I was thinking along the same lines for ingredients, but without leaves as they are frozen under the snow right now.

I didn't know 80F was the sweet spot. I can get 80 on a heat mat. Perfect timing too, my fungii farm is pretty much ready for harvesting.

I will use kelp and fish hydrolysate for sure, as well as ewc, and probably some molasses for the ewc microbes. I like alfalfa too, and likely some dried weed leaves crumbled into a meal.

After that I'm still undecided. It's going into a new 40gal pot that I hope to make perpetual. Most everything else should be in the soil. So I need to read back through all my notes to cover all bases.

My cover crop is almost tall enough to be able to mulch around it. Once I get the mulch on I will brew the tea.

Thanks for going 1st👊🤣

Interesting range of grow styles here. What temp room do you keep your worm farm? Odor level? I’ve been thinking about a farm in my unfinished basement area. It’s about 65F ambient, low humidity. All lookin great. Cheers
I keep mine in a basement. No smell unless you're doing it wrong (too wet, too much food at one time, etc).

Interesting range of grow styles here. What temp room do you keep your worm farm? Odor level? I’ve been thinking about a farm in my unfinished basement area. It’s about 65F ambient, low humidity. All lookin great. Cheers
My worm bin is outside in Southern California, I may get fruit flies showing up once in a while, but not to bad. Odor not bad either, some odor after I add my kitchen scraps for a few days until the worms get going at it. I usually add about 8 coffee cans of food scraps at a time.

I keep mine in the pantry room right beside the kitchen. Once in awhile, from pumpkin or something very wet, usually a squash of sorts, you get a slight musty smell, similar to good finished compost, but otherwise no smells.

I keep mine in the pantry room right beside the kitchen. Once in awhile, from pumpkin or something very wet, usually a squash of sorts, you get a slight musty smell, similar to good finished compost, but otherwise no smells.
Azimuth, V4L, Gee64, thanks for the worm wisdom, will start searching this weekend. Any recommendation for an out of the box set up or bucket like hacks to recommend? Cheers

Azimuth, V4L, Gee64, thanks for the worm wisdom, will start searching this weekend. Any recommendation for an out of the box set up or bucket like hacks to recommend? Cheers
I use a Wormfactory 360. It produces 4.5 gallons of EWC every 2 weeks once you get it up and running.

That's not gonna travel well if word gets out, so maybe keep this discussion between us here?

😂
As long as it doesn’t live, you know, on his body, he’s probably okay….
:rofl:

I use a Wormfactory 360. It produces 4.5 gallons of EWC every 2 weeks once you get it up and running.
That sounds like what Bart Simpson would use. Wormfactory 360. Love it. Lmao!!!

Back
Top Bottom