V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

80F with 78F leaf temps and 55% RH is only a VPD of 1.35. Thats close to optimal. I run in that area all the time with no CO2. It would be cool to see what a monitor says. 👍.
I just checked temp and Humidity again after lights have been on for 2 hours, 49% humidity 84f. I may raise dehumidifier up 5%. CO2 meter should arrive by next Thursday.

Here is another Brix reading that Is from now. Changes from last week are, #1 - I top dressed last week. #2 - temperature is higher. #3 - Humidity is lower.

IMG_3975.png

Here is another Brix reading that Is from now. Changes from last week are, #1 - I top dressed last week. #2 - temperature is higher. #3 - Humidity is lower.

IMG_3975.png
Whoa. Damn. That’s high even in Geeland. Well done!

I just noticed a few of these critters on the bottom sides of my leaves… I do believe they are thrips… I definitely do not want to spray. I’m hoping my Brix levels are high enough that they won’t become a issue. @Gee64 what do you think? Pic below, they are about the size of a pin point. There is a pic of one next to my finger for size reference.

IMG_4006.jpeg
IMG_4007.jpeg

Yes, thrips so your brix level is probably not that high.

I spray with Dr Bonner's Organic Soap and plan on a bud wash after harvest. The soap will dry them out and kill them.

Spray daily for three days, then every three days for a couple of weeks to disrupt their breeding cycle.

Yes, thrips so your brix level is probably not that high.

I spray with Dr Bonner's Organic Soap and plan on a bud wash after harvest. The soap will dry them out and kill them.

Spray daily for three days, then every three days for a couple of weeks to disrupt their breeding cycle.
Thanks for your reply, yeah I've done that in the past with Dr Bonner's. I hate to spray during flower. The good news is that so far I am seeing them on the Northern lights and critical kush, which I checked the brix last week on the Northern lights and it was only 8 or 9. I will check the cherry pie again in a little while and see if I can spot any of those little f*uckers...

Definitely check your brix. If it's under 12, that's what you need to fix.

If you keep your soil on the damp side let it dry a bit. That promotes more oxygen, and lowers nitrogen synthesis. Both those things will increase brix, so if your soil is too wet, drying it is a two-fer.

You know calcium is good and I really doubt you have a phosphorus problem as your brix were high before, so over-watering/slow VPD, which can drop brix, is a likely cause.

High RH can too as it slows the plant, thus reducing photosynthesis, thus reducing sugar content.

So do a brix reading and if it's low, there are some good starting points to look at.

If you get brix back up you will get rid of them.

I looked at a bunch of leaves and did not see anymore 🤞

Here is Brix reading from a few minutes ago…

Cherry Pie
IMG_4010.png

Northern Lights
IMG_4011.jpeg

Critical Kush
IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4020.png
IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg
IMG_4019.jpeg

Weird. @Gee64, if @Vegan4life (‘s) Brix readings are accurate, why does he have thrips? His readings are significantly above 12 on all the plants. Are thrips especially high Brix resistant or something?

Thanks for your reply, yeah I've done that in the past with Dr Bonner's. I hate to spray during flower. The good news is that so far I am seeing them on the Northern lights and critical kush, which I checked the brix last week on the Northern lights and it was only 8 or 9. I will check the cherry pie again in a little while and see if I can spot any of those little f*uckers...
Just try to avoid any buds when you spray and you should be fine V4L. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Weird. @Gee64, if @Vegan4life (‘s) Brix readings are accurate, why does he have thrips? His readings are significantly above 12 on all the plants. Are thrips especially high Brix resistant or something?
If the thrips are feasting, then his brix has gotten low. All the plants need a brix check as it may only be one that is attracting them.

This fellow, Thomas M. Dykstra, has done a ton of research into brix, this is a good watch. It's 90 minutes long and has lots of good info in it. It tells you what bugs like what brix levels, etc... as well as a bunch of other good stuff.

Looking good mate 🤤 ,which one is the Cherry Pie. I have the Cherry Pie strain and im wondering what it's going to looks like mines just been flipped a week ago and just starting to tip.
Thank you! Here is a pic of the Cherry Pie

IMG_4016.jpeg

I was looking again last night and was not finding anymore 🤞. I am hoping that they will not be able to take over due to the fact that the Brix level is high. The thrips that I have found have been on the Northern Lights and the Critical Kush. Last night I only tested Brix level on one of the Cherry Pie plants, I pulled one random top leaf and tested that. As @Gee64 said I should check each plant. This afternoon I will pull a leaf from each Cherry Pie plant and re-test Brix.

Just try to avoid any buds when you spray and you should be fine V4L. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
I think that I will hold off on spraying for now and put my Brix levels to the test...

I think that I will hold off on spraying for now and put my Brix levels to the test...
Excellent! I was hoping you would say that.

If you youtube Soilworks LLC, you get an old guy named Glenn Rabenberger.

Some of his longer videos are really educational from an organic view, and he touches a few times on what will increase brix.

He's also a calcium junkie so I must admit, I'm a little predjudiced towards his views, as we see a lot of things the same way, but his real value is in his ability to dummy everything down so it's easy to understand. He's also a bit entertaining with his ways, so it's not a hard watch.

Back
Top Bottom