Lady Cannafan Puts On The Gloves - RQS x Mike Tyson 2.0 -Clash Of Titans 3 Strains

Looking great! RQS caught way up! Definitely interesting. You seeing much variety between the RQS strains? I seen you had a few heavy sativa's.
Thanks OG! There were only 3 strains to choose from for photo period at this time. The other three choices were Autos.

The Dynamite Diesel is the Sativa dominant @ 65% Sativa. Punch Pie is 90% Indica, and the Gelato 44 is at 75% Indica.
There isn't too much of a difference in them, the Indica have slightly broader leaves and are a little deeper green than the Sativa. They are all growing pretty much the same rate and fullness at the moment.

HAPPY 4/20 TO ALL!
:passitleft:
Get your cameras out while you are enjoying the day and be sure to post up a photo for the annual 420 Magazine 4/20 photo contest! Enter before midnight tonight.

Update 4-21-24

Water/Feed/minor defoliation/training.....and troubles.

While I was tending to the kids late this morning, I found two broken branches on the Punch Pie (Kimberly). I don't have a clue how they got broken, and it appears it was sometime yesterday based on the browned edges of the breaks. Surprisingly they were still alive, just hanging there by a small amount of "skin".
So, I went into a bit of grafting mode and gently moved the ends back together and put micropore tape around them. They are propped up to hold them there with sticks.
Let's hope they grow back together and get a knuckle going. If not, well.....I'll attempt clones from them.

Edit: Almost forgot, I put a couple drops of water on the broken ends before taping them up. Just for moisture, because the ends looked dried out a bit.

Update 4-21-24

While I was tending to the kids late this morning, I found two broken branches on the Punch Pie (Kimberly). I don't have a clue how they got broken, and it appears it was sometime yesterday based on the browned edges of the breaks. Surprisingly they were still alive, just hanging there by a small amount of "skin".
So, I went into a bit of grafting mode and gently moved the ends back together and put micropore tape around them. They are propped up to hold them there with sticks.
Let's hope they grow back together and get a knuckle going. If not, well.....I'll attempt clones from them.

Edit: Almost forgot, I put a couple drops of water on the broken ends before taping them up. Just for moisture, because the ends looked dried out a bit.

Nice visual, I know it will happen sooner or later, and now I know what to do about it. Micropore tape on Amazon here I come… lol

Nice visual, I know it will happen sooner or later, and now I know what to do about it. Micropore tape on Amazon here I come… lol
I have to go back through my grafting projects from years ago to see what I had used before. Micropore tape is the only thing I had available today. I hope it works. It's a good item to have around though, I use it for all kinds of things.
I didn't wrap too tightly, I want to be able to remove it if the plant knuckles and heals.

Update 4-21-24

Don't mind me as I sit here in the corner looking through the Kaleidoscope of grow journals. Ouch on the broken branches with them still being in a vegative state I hope they form nice fat knuckles for you as these plants are tuff ! I have never tried micropore tape on the broken limbs only electrical and duct tape .lol But I see you are bringing in the mycology weapons , Nice !

Don't mind me as I sit here in the corner looking through the Kaleidoscope of grow journals. Ouch on the broken branches with them still being in a vegative state I hope they form nice fat knuckles for you as these plants are tuff ! I have never tried micropore tape on the broken limbs only electrical and duct tape .lol But I see you are bringing in the mycology weapons , Nice !
:welcome: @No Pain
Yeah, the mycology supplies are coming in useful for growing weed too. LOL
I figured the micropore tape would allow a little "breathing" on the boo-boo too.
I used to tape a small toothpick with the pointed ends broken off, or part of a popsicle stick onto a broken branch to keep it straight while healing. That was usually outdoor grows, critters getting at the plants. No shortage of critters here, that's for sure.
Grafting was fun, but I have forgotten so much of it!

Thats awesome news! Great job!
Thanks! So far, so good. I think I'm just going to leave the tape on the branches. It won't hurt anything, and I don't want to chance breaking them again taking off the tape.
I may have broken them during the LST training. Too much pressure on the bend, and it took a while to finally give in and break. I'm pretty much done with training now, other than what might be needed during the stretch.

Thanks! So far, so good. I think I'm just going to leave the tape on the branches. It won't hurt anything, and I don't want to chance breaking them again taking off the tape.
I may have broken them during the LST training. Too much pressure on the bend, and it took a while to finally give in and break. I'm pretty much done with training now, other than what might be needed during the stretch.
Don't mention it :) . Yeah I generally leave tape on and let the branch handle it, kind of like Bruce banner turning into the hulk and his clothes ripping. lol The biggest thing about the breaks in my opinion is you caught them in time to give them the attention they needed. Like I said these things are tuff as i am sure you know. I still get chills when I'm super cropping all the snapping crackling and popping. In my current grow when i put them in the net I bent over(90 degree bends) about 18' worth of stalk on each lady ,snap crackle pop (please don't snap in half) and electrical tape it was .

Update 4-27-24

Ending Week 6

These good girls have caught up with the seedsman banana jealousy plants, so they will be getting flipped to 12/12 schedule next Sunday with the rest of the grow.
The Boo-Boo branches are holding strong and look as healthy as the rest of them. I am trying not to disturb them, so I'm really careful when I water/feed and rotate the plants.

And I am very happy to report that the three clones I took on 4/20 all have roots started! They will remain in the tent where the humidity is at 75-80% for another three days to allow the roots more progress, then get potted into solo cups.

Back
Top Bottom