V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

Cherry Pie @Canuk Seeds
IMG_4132.jpeg

Cherry Pie @Canuk Seeds
IMG_4135.jpeg

Northern Lights
IMG_4138.jpeg
Looks great V4L how do they smell? Does it really smell like cherry pie? Cherry n blueberry are my favorite ❤️ pies. Key lime comes next. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:

Looks great V4L how do they smell? Does it really smell like cherry pie? Cherry n blueberry are my favorite ❤️ pies. Key lime comes next. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:
I am apparently nose blind… Last night I came in the house after being in the grow room, my wife said to me, “geez you smoking weed in the house now”?
I guess the smell about knocked her over. I had to explain to her that the ladies are in late flower and they are fragrant. If I put my face right up in the buds I get a slight sweet smell. Hopefully after I get it curing in jars I will be able to get a better whiff.

My son and daughter in law just returned from vacation in Japan and brought me back this hat
IMG_4141.jpeg

Ha! The Blimburn auto version does not. Something earthy and fruity but far from anything I would call cherry. Hope he has a better result there, but maybe I’ll get it on the taste. Not so far.

Good morning fellow Growers! Last Sunday my “fungal dominant tea” completed its 48 hour brew aeration. I fed each pot approximately 1 gallon. I am seeing a few thrips, I am only finding them on the critical kush. @Gee64 My Brix experiment is showing results, I am seeing damage on the leaves of mostly the Critical kush (low Brix 8). I see very minimal damage on the Cherry pie (high Brix 15 - 20) and I can’t find any Thrips on the Cherry Pie. I ordered some Rove Beetles a few weeks ago, then I received a email from the seller wanting to up the shipping charges to $60 US from $30 US, so I canceled that order. I ended up ordering from a seller on the Zon. My Rove Beetles finally arrived yesterday, so I released them last night, 100 Beetles, although it looked like more to me. I made the mistake of opening the bottle at my dining table, before I knew it they were all over the table. Took a few minutes to get them corralled. Here are a few pics from last night. If you zoom in you can see the thrip damage, especially on the critical kush.

Cherry Pie
IMG_4171.jpeg

Critical Kush on right
IMG_4175.jpeg

Cherry Pie
IMG_4179.jpeg

Cherry Pie
IMG_4180.jpeg

Panoramic view
IMG_4182.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

How’s about a couple pics of your Rove beetles 🪲 in action? I have much respect 🫡 with your natural approach to pest management. Very cool 😎.👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :goodluck:
I'll have to go hunting for some, they are tiny little buggers... The day after I added them to the garden I found 2 of them stuck in some trichomes...

The day after I added them to the garden I found 2 of them stuck in some trichomes...
Those are sacrificial beetles. Much like some island cultures sacrifice a virgin to the volcano gods to bring good luck and harmony to the rest of the system.

:thumb:

Those are sacrificial beetles. Much like some island cultures sacrifice a virgin to the volcano gods to bring good luck and harmony to the rest of the system.

:thumb:
Yes they definitely sacrificed themselves, they climbed to the tallest cola while partaking in my trichomes and succumbed to the light gods...

:rip::rofl:

:hookah:

Cherry Pie

IMG_4209.jpeg

Are your mercenaries earning their paychecks yet? lol CL🍀
I sure hope so! I’m not seeing any on the plants now, I did grab a small handful of soil last night and I saw one crawling around vigorously.

Beautiful V! That will be fine smoke... you know.... once you pick the beetles out🤣🤣. jk.. thats cool that you brought the beetles in. What do you do at harvest? Round up the remaining ones and put them in a jar?
I’ll leave them in the soil and start a cover crop. I’ll keep the soil alive until I start another grow, they should be fine. If I see any on the plants when I harvest I’ll throw them back in my pots.

I’ll leave them in the soil and start a cover crop. I’ll keep the soil alive until I start another grow, they should be fine. If I see any on the plants when I harvest I’ll throw them back in my pots.
Right👍. That makes sense. 🙏

How’s about a couple pics of your Rove beetles 🪲 in action? I have much respect 🫡 with your natural approach to pest management. Very cool 😎.👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :goodluck:
Ok here is a small handful of soil, can you spot the Rove Beetle?

IMG_4223.jpeg

A few pics from last night

:lot-o-toke:

Cherry Pie
IMG_4216.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpeg

Northern Lights
IMG_4219.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom