420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Joe Grows Cherry Pie & Strawberry Banana

Thanks for your concern @Carmen Ray, I put some of my cannabis lotion on & used my back support up higher to isolate the muscle. Seemed to be much better after a few days
Been busy making more concentrated cannabis oil also did a trichome shake in the cold
IMG_5290.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG
Which method did you use for the oil?

Thanks for your concern @Carmen Ray, I put some of my cannabis lotion on & used my back support up higher to isolate the muscle. Seemed to be much better after a few days
Been busy making more concentrated cannabis oil also did a trichome shake in the cold
IMG_5290.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG
I'm impressed as ever by your home industry skillz Joe. You live the life and that kief looks fantastic. So does the oil ♥

Which method did you use for the oil?
What else but the cold quick wash alcohol method. It goes by many names My setup is in the greenhouse/wood shed
This time I took 51 grams of trichome shake, put it in a jar outside overnight (-30c or more) next day add -30c alcohol
shake for 3-5 min pour into double coffee filter, in my coffee pot as strainer
let drain pour more alcohol on top, drain & a 3rd time
I have to run it thru the distiller now to get my alcohol back

Try this method next time you buy dry ice red dragon

Do services get interrupted with extreme low temps?
Jinxed me! Woke this morning feeling cold wondering why my setback thermostat didn't kick on. Looked it's 62f :eek: First thing build a fire 🔥🔥 Well the furnace is not running. Power is on.
Most people would call the heating guy, not me

For some reason the pilot lite was out. Didn't want to lite 1st & 2nd match.
Gave it a scrub with a wire brush & a tap. Lite right up Probably all the natural gas being used during the cold spell loosened something up in the line.
Panic over for another day
Was going to take pictures, of the plants this morning, but sh*t happens
Might be cutting wood later today, see how I feel tonight

Jinxed me! Woke this morning feeling cold wondering why my setback thermostat didn't kick on. Looked it's 62f :eek: First thing build a fire 🔥🔥 Well the furnace is not running. Power is on.
Most people would call the heating guy, not me

For some reason the pilot lite was out. Didn't want to lite 1st & 2nd match.
Gave it a scrub with a wire brush & a tap. Lite right up Probably all the natural gas being used during the cold spell loosened something up in the line.
Panic over for another day
Was going to take pictures, of the plants this morning, but sh*t happens
Might be cutting wood later today, see how I feel tonight
Glad you got that lit! I've had that happen to me, and I've had to replace the damn igniter twice in the last few years.
Not fun waking up cold. Brrrrr

What else but the cold quick wash alcohol method. It goes by many names My setup is in the greenhouse/wood shed
This time I took 51 grams of trichome shake, put it in a jar outside overnight (-30c or more) next day add -30c alcohol
shake for 3-5 min pour into double coffee filter, in my coffee pot as strainer
let drain pour more alcohol on top, drain & a 3rd time
I have to run it thru the distiller now to get my alcohol back

Try this method next time you buy dry ice red dragon
I'm sure you've been asked this before......what distiller are you using? Prices have dropped a bunch in the last few years. I'm looking into it. That damn Everclear is sky high priced around here.

I am not going to have any time to build one anytime soon. Farther down the road maybe.
That one looks nice, who sells that?
I think vevor but do a search for distiller on amazone & sure lots will pop up, seems to be lots of copy cats

Joe, those thin leaved plants are so healthy, must smell great in there. Cheers
The room is starting smell, I 'm starting to see some lighting of some of the big fan leaves
May have to give both a bit more nitrogen because I think they will go closer to 10 weeks to finish.
Update at 7 weeks Things are doing well, buds are swelling. Watering still at 1/2 strength micro, grow, bloom, calnesium, royal gold & now bud boom future harvest schedule

The room is starting smell, I 'm starting to see some lighting of some of the big fan leaves
May have to give both a bit more nitrogen because I think they will go closer to 10 weeks to finish.
Update at 7 weeks Things are doing well, buds are swelling. Watering still at 1/2 strength micro, grow, bloom, calnesium, royal gold & now bud boom future harvest schedule

They're looking good

I got behind but I'm all caught up now. Your plants look great, Joe! So leafy.
Thanks, I don't like to remove leaves unless I have to, they are the photo electric cells that power the plant.
Sorry I don't post much on other journals, but I do see what's going on :cool:

Thanks, I don't like to remove leaves unless I have to, they are the photo electric cells that power the plant.
Sorry I don't post much on other journals, but I do see what's going on :cool:
Joe, I keep every fan that isn’t in the dirt, facing inward, or shading a flower site. Agreed, photo panels and later storage for mobile nutrients. I flipped today. The fans will yellow and fall off progressively upwards. I’m looking forward to late yellowing that will happen when I transition to flower nutes. Plants looking nice. Cheers

Winter is back 😞😓had to shovel snow this morning. Not too bad for temp but next week gonna get colder
Ready because week before I got another 3/4 cord of wood. Was cutting splitting & stacking

8 week update good thing I took pics last night feeling beat
Straw Berry Banana is starting to get heavy so had to add some bamboo to help hold them up
Took a few big leaves off also to open it up a bit
Still feeding 1/2 strength nutrients every watering about 3 days
Cherry pie is starting to bulk up nicely, looks to have a couple weeks to go

Back
Top Bottom