Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

100% NO with a flame. With an induction stove, every window and door in the apartment open, and the exhaust fan over the stove venting to the outside? Your call. :)

Without growing your own meds, I'm not sure you save much money given the price of Everclear depending on how much you're trying to produce for your hands.

Any reason you can't keep reusing the RSO you bought over and over since you're not actually consuming it?
I wish I could go, but I would lose my housing because of the situation. And when you say reuse the RSO, not sure what you mean when I have the RSO in the syringe instead of doing sublingually I put it on my hands because they're not working they're stiff and very painful and then I take like a smoosh coconut oil so it rubs into my hands and then within literally like three minutes I can move my fingers and I'm not screaming in pain, so how would I reuse it do tell??

100% NO with a flame. With an induction stove, every window and door in the apartment open, and the exhaust fan over the stove venting to the outside? Your call. :)

Without growing your own meds, I'm not sure you save much money given the price of Everclear depending on how much you're trying to produce for your hands.

Any reason you can't keep reusing the RSO you bought over and over since you're not actually consuming it?
If I could grow my own 😫 I'd be all over it. In the 90's we had a few houses up in Seattle ( in the good ol dayz) but things changed a lot , and cancer & lupus don't discriminate, and I kinda have to play by the rules or I could not have a place to live without being TMI or pretty party kind of situation if you know what I mean cause I'm not victim and I don't like to be pity but it's been rough, but I'm trying to work it like I always do thank you for all the input

Good thing you're a legal state then, so at least you can buy your meds!
so how would I reuse it do tell??
I was thinking of coating the insides of nitrile gloves and seeing if that would work on repeated uses.

If not that, then you need to find the minimum effective dose of RSO for your hands, so you'll need to get more exacting about how much you are using and how much coconut oil you're blending it with. Start with the least amount of coconut oil you need to rub into your hands, and then blend in a grain of rice amount of RSO to see if that amount works and for how long. If the lupus won't enable you to move the syringe that finely, you could heat the syringe until it drips out and use one or two drops.

RSO has got to be really expensive wherever you buy it, so treating it like the expensive medicine it is would be my suggestion.

I would never ever take the chance.

Sure has buddy, lmao.....too long! But when I see something g popup on my email about a possible explosion, I thought I'd chime in, lol.

Good thing you're a legal state then, so at least you can buy your meds!

I was thinking of coating the insides of nitrile gloves and seeing if that would work on repeated uses.

If not that, then you need to find the minimum effective dose of RSO for your hands, so you'll need to get more exacting about how much you are using and how much coconut oil you're blending it with. Start with the least amount of coconut oil you need to rub into your hands, and then blend in a grain of rice amount of RSO to see if that amount works and for how long. If the lupus won't enable you to move the syringe that finely, you could heat the syringe until it drips out and use one or two drops.

RSO has got to be really expensive wherever you buy it, so treating it like the expensive medicine it is would be my suggestion.
Well, I just been sayin, serendipitously, I found out that RSO would work topically.
because like you stated, with my hands, I could not push the syringe up for the dose I was going to do sublingually.
I had the blow dryer in the bathroom and I thought," oh just for two seconds I'll heat it up and then will come out"
and that's exactly what I did.
Though, cause I can't tell how much pressure I'm using in my hands it came out a lot🙄
like probably half the syringe and I panicked because I'm like, this is no washout. I'm screwed and had a flashback to a dead show at Shoreline where somebody puddled me. ( not with RSO)
Obviously not quite the same thank goodness

but I didn't know what to do,
because, I couldn't obviously get it back into the syringe.
so I took, I don't know maybe like a dime size of coconut oil, and I just rubbed it in with like a mini amount of castor oil castor ,
oil really helps with inflammation, and I rubbed it all in, and it took quite a bit of time to get it all absorbed into my skin without wasting it

it was like this rush and then within about five minutes I could feel my hands. I had no pain and I was loving life.
but definitely could've done less. It was just so fast and there was nothing I could do at the moment, except just wait for the ride.
I'm kind of irked at the dispensaries because before "Black Friday" as they call it,
I can get a nice amount for about $17.50 US
but after Black Friday everything went up like five dollars.
But then they said they're having the BF sale and gave you two dollar discount🙄
which in the end still was more than what I'm paying.
I have an agent card, (mandatory to work in the dispensary or trimming, etc.) so, because I worked in the dispensary pre-cancer, that gives me discount and plus my local discount it works out OK.

But until they can get my thyroid levels proper, and I find a medicine that doesn't cause this drug induce lupus as they're calling it. It's uphill .
I'm not sure if you're in the states or in Canada. But the insurance that I have is Medicare and they just stopped making the thyroid medication affordable. The FDA decided that this medication that had the least side effects as these two main thyroid medication that literally were killing me but if I don't have the thyroid hormones, that will kill me too.
( I don't know how much you know about thyroid)
It's a really long confusing story
if you don't know about thyroid
not many people understand how very, very important and very much you need the thyroid
I never did until I found out I had Hashimoto's, which is auto-immune disorder that eats your thyroid
and if I would've known that I was going to be this screwed I would've kept the cancer and thyroid and I would've been better off.
But so much for the doctors treating people
they don't!
they treat diseases
and that's all I have to say about that
but it is reasonable to get the RSO ( kinda)
I just I'm shocked that you mentioned gloves
I don't know if you saw that in one of my other post but I want to make infused arthritis/lupus, gloves infused With RSO, then wrap it with some sorta plastic wrap, maybe in some castor oil. It would be my dream

Except that would be a lot of money and flower and I don't have either, but that is my goal to find a way to get infused gloves to wrap my hands and be able to function and society.
I can't imagine I'm the only one that has this problem . With lupus and medication's etc.
I hate to sound like a victim. I'm really not.
I'm just kind of trying to explain myself w/o sounding either
but thank you for reaching out all your help.
It's much appreciated.
This is an amazing site. It's like a little family and family is everything when you're like the tie-dye sheep of your family you know what I mean?

You're the famiy's pothead ! welcome .. But over here the rarity is the pot sober relative.. What may be of some help with relief for your hands is to make an alcohol tincture from your bud and use that like rubbing alcohol. I have a Mexican friend and he told me that his granma makes the tincture and uses it for her overall pain needs .

Happy Growing

MotaMan

Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!​

Hello Grandpa, going to start at the beginning, going to try to make some oil. Cheers

First run. Started with 9.5ozs of MTPC and MTTS, about half and half. Used just a bit over 1/2 gallon of EtOH then did a vacuum evap with about 85% EtOH recovery. It's still a bit soupy due to being warm. Only 6 pounds to go! o_O

@Rider509 Can you break down MTPC and MTTS, im thinking trim or a special flower. Cheers

@Rider509 Can you break down MTPC and MTTS, im thinking trim or a special flower. Cheers
Rider hasn't been here in a couple of years now, but those two are Mama Thai x Pineapple Chunk and Mama Thai x Thai Stik. You can read his journal on those two here:

Rider hasn't been here in a couple of years now, but those two are Mama Thai x Pineapple Chunk and Mama Thai x Thai Stik. You can read his journal on those two here:
Thanks in the shed, he is a pretty interesting read, a bit above my pay grade but interesting non the less, would make some quality goods, happy brother I am sure. I sure could have searched it, did not come to mind. I appreciate your help. Will drop in to see your long lasting thread, no way i am starting that one at the first page. Lol Cheers

Red Dragon Oil
1st how much cannabinoid Oil is there ???
(( What percentage of cannabinoid Oil is in Trichomes
VS non desirables such as fats, waxes, Lipids, etc. in the Trichomes.
Answer—1 Trichome is ~67% cannabinoid net Oil,
30.5 % wax/fats (mostly wax)
& 2.5% plant fiber ))
There you have it…
Take 10 grams of Trichomes (Kief) soak in 190 Proof Alcohol & you’ll get approximately 6.7 Grams of pure Cannabinoid oil after filtering (coffee filter is fine).
***BULLSHIT…
6.7 Grams of pure oil &
NO UNDESIRABLES “ONLY” IF YOU DROP “EXTRACTION TEMPERATURE” to Minus -45 or lower…I prefer minus -55
How ???…
Dry ice-190 Proof Grain alcohol-Mason jars-Kief (or Marijuana)-Food cooler-Thermometer-
Metal Screen (holds Dry ice above mason jars-why?, Because of a process called sublimation
yes, we need a few more items for evaporation, but that’s later.

Red Dragon Oil Pics
1703687573280.png

1703687640715.png

1703687717216.png

1703687750168.png

1703687836540.jpeg

1703687871869.png

Nice Ho Ho Ho
1703687959436.png

1703688066808.png

1703688154511.jpeg

Bubbles you see here are not alcohol. It has long evaporated. This is the residual water left over from the alcohol & at this point, you can naturally let it evaporate off or continue to heat it until all micro bubbles are gone.
1703688536580.png

Red Dragon Oil

How did I learn how to do this?
Forums like 420, & extensive research !
Best article (this article was the catalyst for me to take action & develop a technique based on the information given to me)
Article:
CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER
Hash Oil Test Results Room Temperature method vs
Super Cold method:
—I’ve done my own testing, here r results:
(because I want to know how much of the waxes, fats, chlorophyll and other lipids, & undesirables are in room temperature oil VS super -50f low temperature extraction used for vaping in CCell vape carts,
honey Straw or other methods of vape/smoking etc.
Used the Same strain GSC Auto for experiment (Girl scout cookies) for the test rated at 22% Thc.
Performed two batch runs with 2 different temperatures…1 Oz each.
Test Batch #1:
Using Room Temperature of 74f.
Using 1 Oz of very dry herb & ground up using a hand crank nut grinder slightly larger than joint material, After allowing cured herb to dry for one more week covered with cheese cloth on a cookie sheet, thus removing most moisture !)
14 Oz generic Everclear at 74f.
Mix herb/alcohol together in mason jar, shake several times over 25 min time period.
Result after alcohol evaporated & “ALL” Micro bubbles disappear from fluid & residual water evaporated out.
7 grams black oil.
Net Yield of ~
24–25% of Black Tar Oil

Test Batch #2:
QWET method -55F
Using 10lbs dry ice inside of a food cooler placed above (on a metal screen) over herb & ethanol (Generic Everclear) filled Mason jars
for 3Hrs. to cool.
Cooler temperature minus -50 to -55f
Herb & Ethanol temperature of -55
Mix both mason jars in cooler & leave in cooler for 25 minutes, put dry ice back in cooler & close lid, stir 4-5 times.
Drain extract “ASAP” immediately using 75u
bubble bag or other filtering screen,
then use a 25u bubble bag or brown paper coffee filter for 2nd fine sediment filtering.
Evaporate Ethanol off…using a hot plate @ 160f or lower, double boiler, or naturally evaporate.
Result after “ALL” alcohol & residual water evaporated on coffee hot plate is…
4.3 grams oil…
Net yield ~ 15.4% Red Dragon Oil

*Conclusion: So I’ve removed about ~38% of undesirables (fats, waxes, chlorophyll, other lipids, etc) mentioned above in test batch #1.
((I have run this test using GSC, Tangie’matic & Northern Lights with similar results ~ 34-36% of undesirables removed using Super Cooled QWET
method.
Results—Vapes great, even without emulsions or Terps added.))

I can post the entire process if anybody is interested, but if you read that article several times, I believe you can come up with your own technique…
🎶😎🎶

Thanks Birdies! I was wondering if you do the straining at room temperature or back in the cooler?
Outside of cooler—
Since my first round of straining goes through a much larger filter, like 75-80u micron… it drains almost immediately & even do a couple of hand squeezes…again
Outside of the cooler.
(that’s a great question though, because this is the most critical part of the process, keeping in mind, we don’t want any undesirables in the mixture)!
I also use a very large wide glass container to drain into, because I use one of my dedicated Bubble Bags 80 µm for the first strain drain It has a 9 inch wide bottom. (my strain time is about 30 seconds.)

Outside of cooler—
Since my first round of straining goes through a much larger filter, like 75-80u micron… it drains almost immediately & even do a couple of hand squeezes…again
Outside of the cooler.
(that’s a great question though, because this is the most critical part of the process, keeping in mind, we don’t want any undesirables in the mixture)!
I also use a very large wide glass container to drain into, because I use one of my dedicated Bubble Bags 80 µm for the first strain drain It has a 9 inch wide bottom. (my strain time is about 30 seconds.)
That's quick! Do you find you can vape the results in a cart without any liquidizers? That's the goal of a few of us here (like live resin), but it always seems that the waxes clog the cart just over halfway through it.

Back
Top Bottom