Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
It was my mistake a company named skyy out of Ca. jumped in and they don’t have it only there own vodka. Illinois New York is the biggest dealers for it . Specs doesn’t even list it .We're plum out of luck here on anything higher than 120 proof.
Lol! Don't want to drink it.
I never considered tasting it! lol
S’up! I hope it works for you. I’m going to make a batch from some rosin pucks soon. I’ll post here.What a great bookmark, Gramps!
I hope you are still active and get this.
I tried you-tube tutorial and was crap. Looking forward to trying your method in the near future.
Why not use a distiller? that everclear is too expensive to just evaporate into the air. with my homemade one, I don't even smell the alcohol much less dangerous. Is that fan explosion proof? even turning on a light switch or running electric motor, in room filled with fumes is dangerous. Pm me if you want to build oneI posted this in my Rosin thread, but I’ll put it here too.
As it would have it, today I made some very potent Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO), or close enough. A great deal of people are always asking me what I do with the leftover Rosin Pucks. Well, I freeze them and today I decided to make some FECO with one jar of pucks and about a 1/2 bag of some fresh frozen trim. Here’s what I do:
1. I used Everclear for this extraction. All I do is half the pucks into two jars and cover slightly with the alcohol. Then back in the freezer until I’m ready to filter. I normally shake this two or three times before it’s ready.
2. All I do is use a strainer and a coffee filter to get all the big contaminants out. I use an old Folgers Coffee can to filter it all:
3. Then, I use the same filtered alcohol/extract to get the goodness from the fresh frozen trim. I let it sit in the freezer for about 15 minutes; shaking the mixture two or three times. Same as with the pucks. I had two bags for fresh frozen trim, but I only used about 3/4 of one bag for this batch.
4. This is what it looks like after another filtering. All i do is place it in a Pyrex pan that is in another larger Pyrex pan that is 1/2 filled with water. The larger pan is sitting on a griddle. I keep the heat at a medium to medium low and let it evaporate. (Please remember that this stuff is volatile. Alcohol fumes can blow-up! As in BOOM! No open flames PERIOD! Let’s be safe out there kiddies!) I am doing this in my garage, with the garage door 1/2 open, I also have a screen on my garage, so no bugs can get in, and I have a large fan oscillating the fumes out. Safety first!
4. It takes about 1.5 - 2 hours depending on how much you have naturally, to render down most of the alcohol. I use razor blades to scrape/collect the oil. It’s very sticky stuff so I always use gloves. The final product is some purple/black-tar-like substance. Vey potent!
That’s it! That’s what I do with my rosin pucks. A little bit goes a long way. I put a dab or two in my coffee. Or, I’ll make some gummy’s, or even cook with it.