400hps grow room heat...yup another one

bmarcb

Hey guys, I know thats a subject thats been gone over before but here I go;

My grow box is 19.5"d x 47"w x 52"h. I wish it was deeper to use the light better but thats what I got. I have a dimmabe 400w ballast and run MH for veg and HPS for flowering. It is a new setup, coming from my closet cfl dwc grow (link in sig) heat is a bit of a new game. When running the MH @ 250w temps are OK @78-80. But if I run the HPS @ 400 for not even an hour it gets in the 90s,

I was originally hoping to have a cooltube scrog than changed my mind to vert cool tube, than read a bunch about vertical bare bulb and after texting both vert and vert cool tube im finding the room to be too warm.

I am running a 4" vortex. I tried it hooked up to the tube and scrubber. The tube was nice and cool (could touch it) but the temps got up to 90-92 fast.

I also tried to use only the socket end of the tube hooked to my vortex then pushed through scrubber and still quite warm.

I have six 2.5" holes and about twelve 1" holes for passive intake, which if I do the math seems a bit small compared to what folks suggest about having it 3 times the size of your exhaust. Could do another 6 holes but wanna make sure thats a part of the isue before butchering the box some more.

I think I may need more cfm (currently at 175) but also could vent the tube seperatly but would need to buy a new fan.

How many cfms do you guys run if using only one fan to exhaust and cool light AnD/OR when doing them seperatly.

Loong post, sorry getting late haha! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom