420 Girl - Valerie Corral

420RedHead

"Following an auto accident in 1973 that caused a brain trauma and resulted in my becoming epileptic, I began using marijuana as an adjunct medicine. This treatment replaced a rigorous pharmaceutical regimen. With deliberate application and mindful monitoring, marijuana was to eventually become the medicine that has continued to control my seizure activity." - Valerie Corral
WAMM (Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana) formally became a nonprofit in 1996, just after the passage of Prop. 215. Despite the perceived protection WAMM got under statewide legalization of medical marijuana and local de-prioritization ordinances, in the early morning hours of Sept. 17, 2002, thirty federal DEA agents drove up to Michael and Valerie Corral's property in the Santa Cruz Mountains, arrested them both and cut down 167 marijuana plants just before harvest. Few people in California have done more to help financially needy patients obtain medical marijuana than Valerie Corral. It is largely Ms. Corral's community oriented vision which allows for many indigent patients in Northern California to obtain free marijuana, and for others to legally grow their own without fear of governmental persecution. - PIONEER WOMAN: Valerie Corral co-founded WAMM, Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana.

Picture_1272.jpg

2HT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom