5-Gal Soil: Dark Devil Auto or White Widow Auto

I was going to grow 14 miscellaneous auto-flowering plants in two-liter pop bottles, but then someone was kind enough to arrange with GeoPots for me to receive their GeoPots contest prize. I wish to use at least one of them as a way to show my appreciation - but that has, of course, thrown a monkey wrench (spanner, for the British in the audience) at my plans.

So now I'll have an unknown quantity of plants in small containers, and one in a five-gallon GeoPot full of soil. I want to take as full advantage of the large container as I can - and I'm guessing that these two are my two best auto strains. I'm thinking that, if one of them is more likely to fill the larger root-space than the other, that I'll plant that one in the Geopot.

Has anyone grown one or both of these strains in soil? Did you grow in a five-gallon bucket and, if so, did it look like the root system took full advantage of the available space? Or in a three-gallon bucket, and find yourself thinking that it could have benefited from more soil/root-space?

I'm leaning towards putting the White Widow Auto into the 5-gal. container, but that's not firm.

It's almost-- oh, oops, it is daylight; I can't remember where I... ate last.

My autos always did better in a 3-5 gallon pot, so I think you’re good no matter what TS. The WWA would be good pain meds, from what I hear.

What she said. :battingeyelashes:

I haven’t grown either yet but I’ve been seeing posts with very inconsistent results from DDA seeds (some might’ve been homemade seeds though). I got a five pack and was going to do one at a time but now I think I’ll do all five. Can’t wait to read about how yours do.

:passitleft:

And I ate... Just a little.
Think both of us need to take care of ourselves a bit better.

I ate something yesterday. And I only had to prime and paint some interior doors, so I'm done and can either exist in a mental fog all day and try to sleep at a more appropriate time, or crash soonest.

I'm voting for option B, because I already managed to leave my heavy zip up hooded thing at the customer's house on the other side of town. Did the same thing with an almost sort of practically a coat yesterday at Mom's house. I'm down to pullover sweatshirts now, and cannot afford to go leaving any of those somewhere.

Maybe I should try to go back to working a midnight-shift job. I've already got the... something something for it.

Back
Top Bottom