5 gallon bucket colour

My plants never seemed to notice they were growing in white and orange buckets. But come to think of it, more were in orange than white. Nonetheless, I'm lucky they weren't well read, or they would have known not to grow so well. Who knows though, maybe I'd have gotten even better results with black buckets.

My nephew and I are moving to Tidy Cat kitty litter buckets! I checked and they are 5 gallon buckets but I like that they are rectangular (great for tight spaces), have a handle and 2/3rds of the lid flips up (where the plant will go so you can check inside) and 1/3rd is stationary (where the air line and feed line will go). I need to buy kitty litter already so it's great to get a free grow bucket in the deal. The plastic isn't totally opaque so they need to be wrapped or painted.

Green is also good because the only light that gets through, if any, is light that the algae rejects. Plants are green because that is the light they don't use. So it acts as a kind of filter.

But really just using good HDPE buckets typically are good enough. More important are light leaks.

Through in some beneficial bacteria and fungus and you will have a better tea anyway and not have algae issues.

Back
Top Bottom