9 day old clones, not showing roots yet?

RandyL

I cut some clones from my Granddaddy Purple and Bubba Kush plants last week. I did the 45 degree cut, scrape off the outer layer of the base of the stem, dip in Clonex gel real good, and put them in 1-1/2" rockwool cubes.

The first 4 days they were under a 125 watt 2700K CFL bulb until it died, then they were put under a 400 watt Metal Halide with about 2 feet of clearance.

9 days now, and no roots coming out anywhere! I gave them their initial watering with PH 6.0 RO water, and have been watering with 6.2-6.4 PH RO water since then. The leaves have been green, until today, whan a couple started to show signs of what I think is nute deficiency. The "lines" in the leaves are green with yellow in the rest of the leaf.

I didn't think it would take this long for the roots to get through a 1-1/2" rockwool cube. Perhaps nute deficiency is a problem, and I can understand if it is. I can dip them in water tomorrow, maybe with a bit of Fox Farms Grow Big 6-4-4 added.

sounds like they are just taking their time. maybe 1/8 strenght nutes, a little yellowing is ok. just dont let them bleach out. by the way are you keeping them warm ?they are tiny babies and don't like the cold.

everything I say is heresay and a lie:Rasta:

The temperature at the plants is in the 70-75 degree range. I checked all the clones this morning and about 8 were showing roots. Looks like I made some mistakes with the rockwool. I didn't push the holes open all the way to the bottom of the cubes, it looks like the roots had to fight their way out on top, on the side, a few on the bottom of the cube, anywhere they could get through.

I always used to keep the rockwool at or about the 77-82 degree range it hurts in dessication,but helps in rooting(a week or less). It seemed that clones not on the mat rooted a lot slower than the ones who were warmer. You should definately mist them at the elevated temps though..Next time you cut some try it, it always worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom