A question about fluorescent

malashanko

so im a grower on a budget and so far what i have been doing has been working. im just slightly curious as to wether the fluorescent tubes im using are the wrong time for the wronge stage.

so i got some aquarium lights because they are supposed to help plant growth as well and it seems to be working but the light that is emiting is a soft pink. Im slightly worried that those lights should be used during flowering not vegitative. should i be using soft white tubes instead?

the tubes on the packaging says its the full spectrum for plant growth but i just want to make sure Im not fucking this one up haha

The pink looking lights are more for flowering but it won't hurt. Heres a link to any fluorescent question you might have. :peace: CFL Light Tutorial

cheers man.

well appreciate it. ill have to hace a look at it in abit. i got it book marked.

is it possible to grow a plant all the way through with fluorescents anyway?

for veg use 4' 32w 8t use a soft white and a daylight, daylight preference 6100k, and soft white 3500k best way to go, keep lights cm from tops of plants. also 1 plant per two feet of tube, so you have two tubes its 1 foot per plant... need more lumens for flowering. a 150w HPS light is key, but only about 80w for 1 plant. best way and only good way to produce good quality... unless you wanna hook up 20 CFL lights LOL

hope that clears things up, and ive been told using CFL lighting is just the same as using your bic lighter to flower your plants...... check this my 150w hps is 16,000 lumens, my cfls together are less than 5,000 lumens so you can see the difference... only grow quality!

YxKill,I am not trying to sound like a smart ass but almost all your info is incorrect. Check out that link to the CFL Light Tutorial. 6500k is optimal for veg and 2700k is for flowering. Some people mix spectrum at about 4:1 ratio (4; 6500k and 1; 2700k to veg). :peace:

so my info? lol works great under a budget, I just said what I use for cheap, and my info is correct this is only for veg and wouldn't suggest it for flowering. if you wanna break it down scientifically go ahead but I'm using what I found to be best .. "not to sound like a smart ass".

so my info? lol works great under a budget, I just said what I use for cheap, and my info is correct this is only for veg and wouldn't suggest it for flowering. if you wanna break it down scientifically go ahead but I'm using what I found to be best .. "not to sound like a smart ass".

Finding what works best for your individual area and needs is always good. And if you have HID and can cool it that's as good as it gets! But as far as his question, it was about florescents and the best compilation of info available ANYWHERE is in that CFL Light Tutorial. I have researched this extensively and found that guide to give the best results. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom