A Question About Store-Bought Tinctures

I don't have access to Everclear and besides that I don't like the burn of a tincture. However, I do like concentrated cannabis products because I have a high tolerance.

All this said, I want to make cannabis-infused sugar and a tincture is the required ingredient. All the tinctures I've found online list these ingredients: MCT Oil, THC distillate. Will it relatively be the same effects when using a homemade tincture?

MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil is a binder and thinner. Also rough on the system if you're not used to it. It is the fastest cell energy known to man. Everclear is also a thinner. It will make the tincture thinner than MCT oil, but much harsher to the taste, you are right. Sugar is water soluble so I'd be interested in the final consistency if you mix it with two oils. What is your homemade tincture made with if you don't have access to Everclear ? Sometimes I use MCT oil in my coffee with sugar.......why do you want to infuse the sugar?.....just add them separately. Good luck. Let us know how it works!

:Namaste:

I also wonder if the online tinctures ingredients of "MCT Oil and THC distillate" still contain any of whatever solvent was used to make the distillate. It would seem reasonable as an additional thinner. And does sugar dissolve in alcohol ? I guess so since alcohol is sugar to the body. Also sugary alcohol drinks have no problem dissolving the sugar !!!

MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil is a binder and thinner. Also rough on the system if you're not used to it. It is the fastest cell energy known to man. Everclear is also a thinner. It will make the tincture thinner than MCT oil, but much harsher to the taste, you are right. Sugar is water soluble so I'd be interested in the final consistency if you mix it with two oils. What is your homemade tincture made with if you don't have access to Everclear ? Sometimes I use MCT oil in my coffee with sugar.......why do you want to infuse the sugar?.....just add them separately. Good luck. Let us know how it works!

I actually had Everclear when I made the tincture but I have none now and no way of getting anymore. The bud was infused in the alcohol for about 1 month at room temperature and another month in the freezer.

I don't really like oil in my tea. I have a high tolerance and I would have to add 5 teaspoons of oil to my tea to get any effects. I want to make canna-infused sugar because I'm making more edibles now and infused sugar with infused butter will make my edibles stronger.

You can mix all the ingredients at the time you make the edible, I don't see how it makes it stronger if you infuse first. You can add as much oil as you want. I believe you're just making more work for yourself. I may be misunderstanding. Are you using oil and tincture (the terms) interchangeably ? My understanding is that you use oil not tincture to make edibles. You want to get the alcohol out before you try to bake anything. Otherwise butta-bing butta-BOOM !
What am I missing ?

"5 teaspoons of oil" is where I'm confused. That is far more oil than you could do and live. You'd pass out for days and dehydrate. You MUST mean tincture. Also the oil (even in the tincture) will NEVER mix with your tea. Water and oil. As I said before, I use MCT oil in my coffee occasionally. It does not mix. I froth it and drink fast as it will unfroth and float to the top. Suggestion: put oil in a capsule, eat it, drink your tea. Simple.

I don't really like oil in my tea. I have a high tolerance and I would have to add 5 teaspoons of oil to my tea to get any effects. I want to make canna-infused sugar because I'm making more edibles now and infused sugar with infused butter will make my edibles stronger.
How about using vegetable glycerin as the carrier? @bluter 's got a post Here .

You can mix all the ingredients at the time you make the edible, I don't see how it makes it stronger if you infuse first. You can add as much oil as you want. I believe you're just making more work for yourself. I may be misunderstanding. Are you using oil and tincture (the terms) interchangeably ? My understanding is that you use oil not tincture to make edibles. You want to get the alcohol out before you try to bake anything. Otherwise butta-bing butta-BOOM !
What am I missing ?

I'm talking about using a alcohol-infused tincture to make canna-infused sugar. But, the ingredient list of all the tinctures I've found online say the ingredients are THC distillate and MCT oil. When I made my tincture, I didn't use any oil so I'm wondering if the ones I've found are as strong/as effective as the tinctures made without oil.

"5 teaspoons of oil" is where I'm confused. That is far more oil than you could do and live. You'd pass out for days and dehydrate. You MUST mean tincture. Also the oil (even in the tincture) will NEVER mix with your tea. Water and oil. As I said before, I use MCT oil in my coffee occasionally. It does not mix. I froth it and drink fast as it will unfroth and float to the top. Suggestion: put oil in a capsule, eat it, drink your tea. Simple.

Why does 5 teaspoons of oil confuse you? I take 5 teaspoons (25 ml) of oil when I want to get high. I add the oil to my tea and go from there.

The strains that I use for pain, anxiety and depression, I put in capsules. I don't put the oil I use to get high in capsules anymore because I had to swallow 18 capsules at 1.37 ml per capsule to get the same kind of high I get from adding 5 teaspoons of oil to my tea.

As I use the terms (I thought we all did) :

Oil is Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) or Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO) or Cannabis Oil (CO). Very thick like tar at room temperature. 60 to 80% THC.

Tincture is RSO, CCO, or CO mixed with something else to thin the RSO, CCO, CO.

You can consume more tincture than oil depending on what and how MUCH of that something else you mix it with. Anyone can only consume a very small amount of RSO, CCO, or CO in its pure (oil) state without getting VERY high. Very high CBD strains with very low THC is not what I'm talking about. Trying to get high with CBD's is not productive. Therefore I assume we're still talking THC.

My signature contains a link to making RSO, CCO, or CO.

The strength of any cannabis tincture depends on cannabis/non-cannabis ratio. Sounds to me you are using a very weak cannabis tincture. If it's mixed with alcohol, just let it sit open for a while and you'll have a much stronger "oil".

Trying to be helpful, honest.

I actually had Everclear when I made the tincture but I have none now and no way of getting anymore. The bud was infused in the alcohol for about 1 month at room temperature and another month in the freezer.

I don’t know if it would work but is 151 Bacardi available? It’s close to Everclear % wise. CL🍀

The tinctures made with MCT oil are the same strength (will give you the same strength edibles) as the tinctures made with alcohol IF they contain the same amount of THC (not counting the slight alcohol effect).
Caution : MCT oil can upset your stomach if you're not used to it. Build up slowly as with THC.

As I use the terms (I thought we all did) :

Oil is Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) or Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO) or Cannabis Oil (CO). Very thick like tar at room temperature. 60 to 80% THC.

When I talk about cannabis oil, I'm talking about sunflower oil infused with cannabis. That's what I take.

You're right. It would be quite a trip if I took 5 teaspoons of RSO/CCO! :laughtwo: Even I'm not that crazy.

Tincture is RSO, CCO, or CO mixed with something else to thin the RSO, CCO, CO.

You can consume more tincture than oil depending on what and how MUCH of that something else you mix it with. Anyone can only consume a very small amount of RSO, CCO, or CO in its pure (oil) state without getting VERY high. Very high CBD strains with very low THC is not what I'm talking about. Trying to get high with CBD's is not productive. Therefore I assume we're still talking THC.

My signature contains a link to making RSO, CCO, or CO.

The strength of any cannabis tincture depends on cannabis/non-cannabis ratio. Sounds to me you are using a very weak cannabis tincture. If it's mixed with alcohol, just let it sit open for a while and you'll have a much stronger "oil".

Trying to be helpful, honest.

Thank you. I do appreciate your guidance.

I don’t know if it would work but is 151 Bacardi available? It’s close to Everclear % wise. CL🍀

Nope, it's not legal here. If worse comes to worse, I could try a regular bottle of rum. I have most of one left from when I went to Jamaica a decade ago.

When I talk about cannabis oil, I'm talking about sunflower oil infused with cannabis. That's what I take.

You're right. It would be quite a trip if I took 5 teaspoons of RSO/CCO! :laughtwo: Even I'm not that crazy.

Thank you. I do appreciate your guidance.

Nope, it's not legal here. If worse comes to worse, I could try a regular bottle of rum. I have most of one left from when I went to Jamaica a decade ago.
What’s the deal with Canada 🇨🇦 not allowing high proof alcohol 🥃? It’s ok to drink 70-80-90 proof but anything higher is bad? This is the first time I’ve heard about your country acting 🎭 like big brother. CL🍀

What’s the deal with Canada 🇨🇦 not allowing high proof alcohol 🥃? It’s ok to drink 70-80-90 proof but anything higher is bad? This is the first time I’ve heard about your country acting 🎭 like big brother. CL🍀

They may be acting like big brother regarding alcohol but we did legalize cannabis for the whole country, something that very few other countries have achieved. :battingeyelashes:

And, I could get high proof alcohol if I lived in Quebec. It's not illegal there for some reason. Felonious and I went to Ottawa for a concert a few summers ago and nipped across the border into Quebec to get some Everclear but it's all gone now.

We're going to a wedding in Quebec in September so I suspect we'll get more then.

Back
Top Bottom