Advice on best specific bulbs for a T8 4ft fixture and my setup

lyricbaritone

I just setup a 3x3x5' flower tent. I have 4 2 bulb t8 shoplight fixtures by american flourescent with a mixture of 4100k ecologic octron sylvania bulbs(total of 4) and 4 zoomed bulbs(coral sun and flora sun, 2 each) standing vertically in the four corners of the tent. In the center I have the galaxyhydro 300w dimmable led. Have an intake and sortof exhaust fan setup. I'm looking at flowering a total of 7 girls in a scrog method involving tomato cages with a squared out screen secured to the top of the cage. My idea is to move them around everyday to encourage even growth. I'm already looking at upgrading the led to the marshydro reflector 192. I might even make the move sooner than than later. Im going to be using fox farm potting mix, but was interested in any recommendations on a custom mix or nutes since as of now im using a sample kit branded David's grow. Looking at using 5 gallon grow bags too. Looking for suggestions on bulbs and any lighting in general given what you know already about my setup. I'm not blowing a ton of cash on this setup so please be realistic with any ideas to improve the various parts. Thanks for all the ideas. Now let'er rip!

s-l1000.jpg

31pyEU8J_zL.jpg

SYLVANIA - FO32/741/ECO, T8 - Standard, Fluorescent - Tube , Bulbs, Lamps, Ballasts - Platt Electric Supply

T8 Coral Sun® Actinic 420 Coral Bulb

T8 Flora Sun® Maximum Plant Growth

51SGs4yNbEL.jpg

Until recently I had a very similar set up. I had the same 4 lights standing in all 4 corners. I had 1-6500K and 1-3000K (from walmart) in each. I then had some home made reflectors that housed 2-6500K cfl and 2-2700 cfls each. One of these reflectors over each plant. I really like the vertical lights for feeding the undergrowth.

I am using fox farms ocean forest. I am on day 26 right now. No nutes yet as FFOF stays hot for a while, about 6 weeks from what I have read. Plant are kickin ass. They have more than enough light and don't need nutes yet.

I just picked up 4 Mars Hydro 300s and switched the lighting today. I wish I would have went straight to the LED. 250 bucks for all 4. I probably have almost that into all my Fluoros and CFLs.

They are supposed to be MUCH better and more efficient. I have been following a few LED journals and they looked good enough to switch.

Back
Top Bottom