Am I ready to flower my plant? FF flower nutes?

James427

Hello all. Been a very long while sense my last post unfortunately but I'm in a bit of a rock and a hard place here. So my current plant (reggie bagseeds unknown strain or percentages) has grow from sprout now for 73 days. She is currently in a 3 gallon pot and has been lst to basically get multiple nodes shooting up almost evenly. Right now she's in a 3x3x6.1 tent with a 600 watt hps\mh hanging above. When she gets the switch and does her main stretch I'm very concerned about clearance issues and bulb burn. She's about 22" tall now but with stretch coming in flower upon the switch do I need to lst more to lower the height? I'm just concerned about clearance and bulb burn. Also I have the fox farms nute trio and cal mag+ but was wondering if there feeding schedule is safe to follow with my own ratios of course? It seems like it's mainly just small amounts if not any nitrogen and lots of PK for flower if I'm correct then grow big gets used alot less in flower no matter what my ratios are. Also to get nice large buds should I get some beastie blooms solubles or another flowering additive? Just looking to achieve the best buds possible on this plant and the WW seeds as well in the future. Thanks for any input or advice in advance.

take it one step at a time.

first, to plan when to flip, allow for at LEAST x2 of stretch. While some strains may end up bigger or smaller than that, its a decent rule of thumb.. you always want some wiggle room.
If need be, LST will help you out of a bind if you flip too late. or just do it anyways.. you cant really go wrong with lst, it almost always is a benefit.

as far as nutrients. stick with the basics. Look up a feeding chart for fox farms, and stick to it. Chances are it will be close enough for great results. Once you start getting some experience under your belt. slowly start experimenting with additives, and changing up the ratios a little.

ratios will rarely be 100% the same, even with the same strain, unless its a clone. different phenotypes typically like different ratios. Not that it would be much, or even noticeable in most cases.

I reccommend always keeping it as simple as possible, especially when you are learning. Otherwise you can end up with issues and not know where you went wrong. more variables = more chances to do something wrong.

take it one step at a time.

first, to plan when to flip, allow for at LEAST x2 of stretch. While some strains may end up bigger or smaller than that, its a decent rule of thumb.. you always want some wiggle room.
If need be, LST will help you out of a bind if you flip too late. or just do it anyways.. you cant really go wrong with lst, it almost always is a benefit.

as far as nutrients. stick with the basics. Look up a feeding chart for fox farms, and stick to it. Chances are it will be close enough for great results. Once you start getting some experience under your belt. slowly start experimenting with additives, and changing up the ratios a little.

ratios will rarely be 100% the same, even with the same strain, unless its a clone. different phenotypes typically like different ratios. Not that it would be much, or even noticeable in most cases.

I reccommend always keeping it as simple as possible, especially when you are learning. Otherwise you can end up with issues and not know where you went wrong. more variables = more chances to do something wrong.

Thanks for the information it is greatly appreciated I have been thinking this over some and definitely agree it's best to take it slow. I'll probably just lst some more anyways sense I have the room for bushing out and than flip when I feel confident. Also thanks for clearing up the confusion on the nutes. Sometimes being a newbie I really overthink how overwhelmed I already am with what I have versus adding more to the regiment and then definitely getting confused and running into to problems lol. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom